jj. thought this was amusing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jj. thought this was amusing.

just wanted to say I am indifferent, I believe johnson tries to do too much offensively when he doesn't have the talent. we Could really have used him this season with our lack of depth and defense at SF however, one of my favorite scrubs.

He was 0-11 from 3 pt line when he hit that one. We have such "depth" if you know what I mean, atm.
    Why to add player without talent, while we desperately need players with talent?
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I always liked James Johnson. As you said he did try to do too much on offense and his shooting was questionable at best.

But he was a very good defender, shot blocker and rebounder for his position. He was a suprisingly good ball handler and passer aswell. His entire game seemed rather deceptive, where he looks completely disinterested and as if he is loafing around, yet at the same time is getting the job done (kind of reminds me of Paul Pierce in that way - NOT comparing too Paul Pierce)

While I have no idea what he really did to get into Casey's doghouse (I've heard things from smoking weed on the plane, to calling out Andrea, to demanding more usage and a greater role) I think if he ever became truelly motivated (mentally and physically) he has all-star potential. But I also think thats not likely to ever happen.

Although he almost definetely would have been useful on this team (and cheaper than Landry Fields), I'm not losing any sleep over him being on another team.

Comment

Good for him. I know he hasn't had an easy ride over in Sac-town, so hopefully this starts something for him. I'd still rather see him at the SF over Kleiza. Kleiza is a waste of space at this point.

Love Alan Andersons defense and 3pt abilities though. Definition of Scrappy.
        If he had James Johnsons size and Handles, then he'd be All-Star material.

While I was a fan of Johnson, I've moved on; he is now the enemy.

Comment

I was a fan of Johnson till he told Casey "I hope you get fired" he can dive under a tractor for all I care now.

Comment

This is probably the worst thing that could have happened to the Kings. JJ will think he's a "closer" now.

Comment

In your face BC!

Way to go JJ! I, like most, have moved on. BUT i would still take JJ over Kleiza and Fields......BC gave up our best defensive player last year for a 2nd round pick. Then he signs a SG with a messed up elbow (cant shoot) and tells him he`s starting at SF....LOL - BC gives the scrub 18 million!!

#FireBC
              #BenchORTradeAndrea

Comment

Imagine that! JJ`s more of a closer than Bargs! Stop hating.....

Am i the only fan that thinks DC`s rotations are still suspect?

He plays wayyyy to much small ball.....its like he doesnt know how to coach a team with a traditional PF or C

Watch the end of games... He almost always plays 2 point guards and we start shooting too much from the outside

I know we lack a true post player, but at least try to develop one!!

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                  Imagine that! JJ`s more of a closer than Bargs! Stop hating.....

Am i the only fan that thinks DC`s rotations are still suspect?

He plays wayyyy to much small ball.....its like he doesnt know how to coach a team with a traditional PF or C

Watch the end of games... He almost always plays 2 point guards and we start shooting too much from the outside

I know we lack a true post player, but at least try to develop one!!
                  I very much agree with the bold. Last night it made sense when Ryan Anderson was out because he plays small himself. But over the last few weeks he's gone and stayed small with little reason to do so. I thought the Spurs game was a great example where he went small, and even while it wasn't working he simply stuck with it (and even went smaller). In the mean time the Spurs stayed big and completely took advantage of their size.

Given that Casey's last 2 coaching gigs where with Minnesota (KG) and Dallas (Dirk) it doesn't really suprise me that Casey is leaning to small ball as opposed to using 2 traditional bigs (While KG obviously can play big, he was used everywhere from SF to C in Minn. and definetely shouldn't be classified as 'traditional').

Comment

I always liked JJ more than Kleiza
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      I was a fan of Johnson till he told Casey "I hope you get fired" he can dive under a tractor for all I care now.
                      I've never heard that before, where did you hear that?

Comment

I don't think our depth is that bad. Last year everyone was complaining about JJ because of his lack of consistency and tendency to think he's an all-star scorer. The organization really invested in him, and he basically told them he deserved more...well screw him. I mean, we traded a 1st rd pick for him, basically told him the starting SF spot was his to lose...and he lost it because he thought he was better than he is. James Johnson could be arguably the best defensive SF in the league if he wanted to, but he also is cut out to be the 5th option, maybe 4th at best, on offense, and needs to realize that. Maybe he needs to wash out of the league, like Anthony Parker and Alan Anderson before him, to learn what it means to play in the NBA and teach himself to use his skills the right way.

Comment

I like that Sacto didn't call a timeout there. Probably because they were out of timeouts, but if they had one and didn't use it, good move. Too many end of game timeouts in the NBA.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Oh, and what I mean by not hating our depth: Anderson has been a very solid pickup. He chucks it a bit, but his 3 pt shot is good enough, he tends to take it up a notch in 4th quarters, and is a very good defender. Ross, as he has become more and more consistent on D, has made it so he's definitely earned his minutes. Demar has been probably our most reliable player. Basically, Casey can expect solid games from all those guys on most nights, and doesn't need to deal with knucklehead type issues, or playing small (sorry Barbosa). That's much better than last year.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                              I've never heard that before, where did you hear that?
                              I don't know if its true mind you but judging how the relationship unfolded anything is possible, it was "an exchange of unprofessional words" apparently and JJ getting frustrated he wasn't a bigger piece of the offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X