Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody out there still want Bargnani back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Anything that disrupts what they have is downright destructive. I don't care for his scoring and defensive indifference. He's just a bad dream that needs to go away.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

id be ok with him off the bench for a short period to see if he can figure it out or not. they seem to have gotten through to lowry and i assume by now bargs has to get it watching them go 7-1 with him on the bench. he would be a great piece to have off the bench if he would try

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
        id be ok with him off the bench for a short period to see if he can figure it out or not. they seem to have gotten through to lowry and i assume by now bargs has to get it watching them go 7-1 with him on the bench. he would be a great piece to have off the bench if he would try
        That is a dangerous assumption, me thinks.

Comment

I don't think barg's ego will allow him to come off the bench.

Comment

He should be moved...but I am interested to see if he is capable of playing a complementary role, he is a good passer of the ball. If he can be be efficient off the bench and not be such a ball stopper, might be worth holding on to him til the off season. Lets also keep in mind many teams won`t want the 23 million left on his contract. and Believe that BC wants way more for him than he will be able get, unless it is a multi player, multi team blockbuster (!)

Comment

Right now I'm worried that what we get back in a trade could end up being worse than what we have now unless he's packaged with something good. With the nice run they are on I don't want to see them screw with the chemistry.
              Just giving him the starting role with his usual 30 minutes plus would be a slap in the face to the team and the fans. I'm leaning towards 10-15 minutes and see if that would help him refocus on what he can do well. If not give him Acy's spot.

Comment

Can we trade him for Luigi Datomé? He's a younger Garbo type that plays here for Virtus Roma. Kid is all heart n hustle. Jacks up shot clock beating triples and follows his shot or picks up a body to box out the instant it leaves his fingers, make or miss. Maybe half the talent but it's the half Bargs doesn't use anyway.

Plus he has much better hair.

LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

He could be our best bench player if he buys in. Two raps lines with two different looks: lowry/demar and calderon/bargs. Would have to pair the second group with our best defenders, but it could be a good idea. Turn the starters from two/three years ago into the bench mob. Sounds like improvement! Plus, the calderon/bargs/amir combo at the 1/4/5 is proven to be Baggys best partner on D, and calderon knows how to play with both of them on the o side.

All that said, I have a party hat and case of beer ready for when he does get traded for either young talent/picks or an established 3.
                  Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

I think that Raptors' fans should take a tempered approach to Bargnani and his role. Team dynamics are complicated, and they have changed over the past couple of weeks. Everyone, including Lowry, are starting to play a more team-oriented game. I don't think that Bargnani has the personality to buck that approach. So I would not be at all surprised if we saw a more team-oriented and effective player when Bargnani returns. Another issue to consider is that the Raptors have been looking very good against some pretty bad teams. They are still a long way from being able to win their share of games against upper echelon teams. So the idea of just dumping Bargnani without getting anything useful in return seems a bit short-sighted and overestimates the talent of the current roster. Finally, I hate to say it, but we should also realize that they have looked a lot better without JV in the middle. I think he has huge potential, but starting a rookie C will almost always result in a rough year in the W-L columns. I think the best approach is to see how Bargnani fits in with the current style of play, and if he flourishes (either starting, or off the bench), then take a decision. Casey and Colangelo are in a much better position now to either fit Bargnani into the mix or trade him for assets that will help the team in the long term.

Comment

The thing with Bargnani is this; you never throw your team/teammates under the bus. Regardless of his horrendous play. It reminds me of when I was in Police Foundations and one of the students had asked the teacher (former OPP officer) why cops don't pull over other cops when they are speeding. The answer is simple, you pull over that cop and write him up a ticket, and let's say 6 months down the road that cop becomes your partner. You really think that guy is going to have your back? You never burn a bridge, and that is exactly what Bargs did. Therefore I can't see him coming back to the lineup. His team doesn't want him back, they want him shipped out so they can move on together as a cohesive unit.

Comment

TRADE HIM. Forget the ''ifs'' and the ''maybes''. Yes, maybe he'd do good in a 6th man role. But we just need to trade him to go on. You see it already he just does not give a f*ck about this team anymore. He ain't even cheering or anything.

Comment

I think his time is done in Toronto. I don't think he'll necessarily come back and destroy what the team is doing this season, but really what's the benefit of having him around at this point? If we're winning without him, you can't say we need him to be a better team. He's not really a piece for the future, and I hate to think what his presence could do to destroy what this team has built with him out. I still don't expect us to make the playoffs, but we're getting the team we were promised in the offseason with him gone. More than that, the players feel the same way at this point, clearly, regardless of whether they think it has anything to do with him. So you have a young, unselfish, effort and defense oriented team, where everybody is getting a chance to shine and score...and then you have to make room for the always lazy Bargs, and his 15-20 shots. Man, the fact of the matter is, Bargs is a bust. Not because he's a bad or useless player, or because of his not actually that bad contract, but because it's still obvious even this late in his career that his ceiling is much higher than what he accomplishes out there. Right now we have a team playing well, where the parts are adding up to exceed expectations...I really don't want to throw the chronic underachiever back out there with them.
                          *Note: I realize we HAVE to keep Bargs til we can play him to at least show he's healthy, but I hope that doesn't last more than a week or two.

Comment

I would like to see him when he comes back. The Raptors have, for lack of a better description, transformed into a completely diffrent roster. One where Andrea's role can be questioned. I want to see how much heart this Italian actually has. I would like to see his comeback game, perhaps out of curiosity to see if he has a set of nuts after all. (maybe out of entertainment, or maybe just to confirm that he really is as bad for us as we originally thought)
                            Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sun Dec 30, 2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I think his time is done in Toronto. I don't think he'll necessarily come back and destroy what the team is doing this season, but really what's the benefit of having him around at this point? If we're winning without him, you can't say we need him to be a better team. He's not really a piece for the future, and I hate to think what his presence could do to destroy what this team has built with him out. I still don't expect us to make the playoffs, but we're getting the team we were promised in the offseason with him gone. More than that, the players feel the same way at this point, clearly, regardless of whether they think it has anything to do with him. So you have a young, unselfish, effort and defense oriented team, where everybody is getting a chance to shine and score...and then you have to make room for the always lazy Bargs, and his 15-20 shots. Man, the fact of the matter is, Bargs is a bust. Not because he's a bad or useless player, or because of his not actually that bad contract, but because it's still obvious even this late in his career that his ceiling is much higher than what he accomplishes out there. Right now we have a team playing well, where the parts are adding up to exceed expectations...I really don't want to throw the chronic underachiever back out there with them.
                              *Note: I realize we HAVE to keep Bargs til we can play him to at least show he's healthy, but I hope that doesn't last more than a week or two.
                              I wouldn't necessarily call him a bust. Bust is Kwame Brown. Of course we have seen what he can do when he is healthy. When he has confidence which he seems to be lacking these days, he is a very good player. Sometimes I feel like he would've succeeded elsewhere in a position that suits him and strengths. After the injuries it seems like he's lost his confidence and consequently the confidence that his team-mates instilled in him. What he needs to do, after he is fully healthy and is in great condition is to adapt to the current system either in starting or coming off the bench. Trading him for trading him sake is complete and total bullshit. I'm sure that when he comes back he is going to conform to the teams structure. He does not have a huge ego that needs to satisfied. He can play within the team system and he has done that before. Confidence not laziness or anything like that is his major issue. When he has that confidence he can completely shred defenses. Let him play the 6th man role, don't trade him because of what's going with the team. If he can and when he plays within this team system, you guys will be eating your words. I hope and pray that he does well when he comes back. I'm not hoping that he busts so there is an incentive to trade him like some other posts I've seen on this blog.

Comment

T.Dot wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't necessarily call him a bust. Bust is Kwame Brown. Of course we have seen what he can do when he is healthy. When he has confidence which he seems to be lacking these days, he is a very good player. Sometimes I feel like he would've succeeded elsewhere in a position that suits him and strengths. After the injuries it seems like he's lost his confidence and consequently the confidence that his team-mates instilled in him. What he needs to do, after he is fully healthy and is in great condition is to adapt to the current system either in starting or coming off the bench. Trading him for trading him sake is complete and total bullshit. I'm sure that when he comes back he is going to conform to the teams structure. He does not have a huge ego that needs to satisfied. He can play within the team system and he has done that before. Confidence not laziness or anything like that is his major issue. When he has that confidence he can completely shred defenses. Let him play the 6th man role, don't trade him because of what's going with the team. If he can and when he plays within this team system, you guys will be eating your words. I hope and pray that he does well when he comes back. I'm not hoping that he busts so there is an incentive to trade him like some other posts I've seen on this blog.
                                Kwame plays better D then Bargs LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X