Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anybody out there still want Bargnani back?

Post Thanks / Like

You guys beat the man down when he's not playing good. When he's actually down with injuries and can't play, you guys go in for the kill.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind Bargnani back. With JV out he can take his place in the starting line up. Even if he doesn't make them better, I don't think he'll make them worse.

After all these years it's clear that he's not 1 st overall material but he's far from a bust.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    You guys beat the man down when he's not playing good. When he's actually down with injuries and can't play, you guys go in for the kill.
    I like this.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The kill? It's basketball, its a game no one gets killed. More like gets paid millions, and at worst will be traded to another team that will pay him millions and perhaps he can start another romance with another market/gm.

We just want to try something different. We have been fixing every other position, to please Andrea, our fans have supported him for years, but in the end, it may be better for both of us to part ways. Who knows, maybe a less familiar place will make Andrea a more complete pro.

Fans in Toronto are good fans. They just want their team to play better, this 7/8 stuff is making a lot of people realize that we need a banger at PF. The guards can shoot our threes. 2 big men against 1 does not bode well for defense or success. We need a traditional PF down low with this squad.

EDIT: No need to shed tears for mercenary's, Andrea probably has lots of basketball in his future, here or in Europe, and will be getting paid big bucks. This is the pros, raptors should not be making emotional choices with players, we want to compete with the other clubs, not be the mother Teressa's of the NBA.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Mon Dec 31st, 2012 at 07:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    The kill? It's basketball, its a game no one gets killed. More like gets paid millions, and at worst will be traded to another team that will pay him millions and perhaps he can start another romance with another market/gm.

We just want to try something different. We have been fixing every other position, to please Andrea, our fans have supported him for years, but in the end, it may be better for both of us to part ways. Who knows, maybe a less familiar place will make Andrea a more complete pro.

Fans in Toronto are good fans. They just want their team to play better, this 7/8 stuff is making a lot of people realize that we need a banger at PF. The guards can shoot our threes. 2 big men against 1 does not bode well for defense or success. We need a traditional PF down low with this squad.

EDIT: No need to shed tears for mercenary's, Andrea probably has lots of basketball in his future, here or in Europe, and will be getting paid big bucks. This is the pros, raptors should not be making emotional choices with players, we want to compete with the other clubs, not be the mother Teressa's of the NBA.
    Agreed, it's either trade him for valuable assets, amnesty him and use the space to get a quality FA, or keep him and let Casey do his thing unhindered.

Either way, it's what's most conducive to winning that counts.

As for keeping him, I'm rethinking a bit. Andrea has shown a deft hand in the past when it comes to making good passes. Make him aware that his value isn't in scoring, but spacing the floor, assists and post defence. (based on size)

Casey needs to let him know that he is NOT the clutch offensive option. That belongs to TRoss, Demar, KL or AA. Bargs shouldn't have a play run for him for at least 2 months when he comes back. (if he's not traded before then)

The raps suck when it's just throw it to Bargs or KL and let them create the bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, this thing about Bargs needing touches to get hot is BS. Raptors offence should never have been centred on Andrea.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    I want to get "killed" for $22 million over the next two years. Kill me over and over again.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I want to get "killed" for $22 million over the next two years. Kill me over and over again.
    Whether it's 22mil or 100 mil, money NEVER compensates for respect. NEVER. That being said, there's nothing wrong with criticism. Respectful criticism though is quite different from disrespectful criticism. In other words "KILL".
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

If he wanted respect he would of got a medical license and joined doctors without borders. This is the NBA, respect is earned.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If he wanted respect he would of got a medical license and joined doctors without borders. This is the NBA, respect is earned.
    Funny you mentioned 'doctors without borders' 'cause DWB is an organisation which believes that every human being deserves health care. Same goes with respect. Every human being deserves it.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Respect as a human being yes, entitlement to a starting position on a NBA team, no.

(but hey let me know, because I am ready to go anytime the above changes)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Respect as a human being yes, entitlement to a starting position on a NBA team, no.

(but hey let me know, because I am ready to go anytime the above changes)
    In conclusion(hopefully), entitlement to a starting position on an NBA team is earned. Respect is deserved.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is shit. Anyone who thinks the raptors should keep him needs to open their eyes. He is a complete cancer to this team and he needs to go.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade him to the Cavs for Tristan Thompson lol

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Trade him to the Cavs for Tristan Thompson lol
    I'd do it

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is shit. Anyone who thinks the raptors should keep him needs to open their eyes. He is a complete cancer to this team and he needs to go.
    Even worse than front page comment section level. Geez man, way to start the new year.

Thread Information