Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: DeRozan is the 2nd best SG in the East

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Better SG in the east than Demar:

    Wade, Joe Johnsons, Monta Ellis, George, Turner (JR Smith may be on this list to but I'm just not a fan of his game)


    Crazy though looking through SGs (and players in general) and how much more talent is in the west. Makes me question if even being the '2nd best -insert position here- in the east' could even be considered a compliment.
    I would take sense over Ellis 100 times out of 100. of that list Turner is the one I would want most. young Wade would be great and reasonable contract Johnson would be super.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I would take sense over Ellis 100 times out of 100. of that list Turner is the one I would want most. young Wade would be great and reasonable contract Johnson would be super.
    demar not sense. stupid auto correct

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie RAPS4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DD has shown improvement in a lot of areas this season. I remember he said in an interview that he watched a lot of game footage of DWade over the summer. Well, now that explains it!

    He's only 23 and I think he still has a lot of room to grow. He hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    How dare they say we have the 2nd best SG in the east.
    lol +1

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Better SG in the east than Demar:

    Wade, Joe Johnsons, Monta Ellis, George, Turner (JR Smith may be on this list to but I'm just not a fan of his game)


    Crazy though looking through SGs (and players in general) and how much more talent is in the west. Makes me question if even being the '2nd best -insert position here- in the east' could even be considered a compliment.
    George is a 3. Ellis being better than DeMar in my opinion is debatable.

    Right now i'd go:

    Wade
    DeRozan
    Ellis
    JR Smith
    JJ
    #Relax

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    George is a 3. Ellis being better than DeMar in my opinion is debatable.

    Right now i'd go:

    Wade
    DeRozan
    Ellis
    JR Smith
    JJ
    George is only playing the 3 due to Granger's injury. He was a 2 all last season and will be on Granger's return

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    Better SG in the east than Demar:

    Wade, Joe Johnsons, Monta Ellis, George, Turner (JR Smith may be on this list to but I'm just not a fan of his game)


    Crazy though looking through SGs (and players in general) and how much more talent is in the west. Makes me question if even being the '2nd best -insert position here- in the east' could even be considered a compliment.
    The East is worse than ever this year. The Raps, at 9 games below 0.500 are 3.5 games out of a playoff spot. It's rediculous. In the west, 9th, 10th, and 11th all have better records than our 8th.

    Other than Wade, you can argue that Demar is as good or better than any of the guys you listed so I think the argument for him being second in the east is reasonnable, if not all that impressive.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  8. #28