No announcement yet.

DeRozan is the 2nd best SG in the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many 2s in the East that lets say don't spend much time at SF don't have a lot of other strong skills beyond shooting. Wade has been the best SG in the east for awhile, largely because he would do so many things on the floor beyond buckets. Really, if I had to classify the 2s in the east this year, trying to discount guys who pay I'd think of as SF or PG, I think it'd go like this:
    -Wade
    -Ellis
    -George
    -Demar
    *Next few: JR Smith, Afflalo, Joe Johnson...JJ is having a shitty year, but normally in the past he would easily be the 2nd or 3rd on this list. So to me, Demar is the 4th or 5th best SG in the East. While Smith can light it up, Demar has become quite consistent and reliable this season. Afflalo just can't carry the scoring load, even if he is a great defensive player.

Comment

Demar has improved quite a bit this year. I initially wanted him traded, because I thought we could jump a faster moving elevator, not that there was anything wrong with DD, but I wanted a little more grit from the position. However, with his recent play, I am like a deer in the headlights, I think I just want to see more before I decide, I don't feel comfortable making a call either way.
      Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sun Dec 30, 2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        I'm just curious.
        Thank you Matt.
        I'm confused? I did the edit because I forgot holiday was a point guard. Or is the implication that I'm Matt...cause lol at that.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I thanked Matt for information... And explained that I was just curious to know that what I asked.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Better SG in the east than Demar:

Wade, Joe Johnsons, Monta Ellis, George, Turner (JR Smith may be on this list to but I'm just not a fan of his game)

Crazy though looking through SGs (and players in general) and how much more talent is in the west. Makes me question if even being the '2nd best -insert position here- in the east' could even be considered a compliment.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post

Wade, Joe Johnsons, Monta Ellis, George, Turner (JR Smith may be on this list to but I'm just not a fan of his game)

Crazy though looking through SGs (and players in general) and how much more talent is in the west. Makes me question if even being the '2nd best -insert position here- in the east' could even be considered a compliment.
              I would take sense over Ellis 100 times out of 100. of that list Turner is the one I would want most. young Wade would be great and reasonable contract Johnson would be super.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                I would take sense over Ellis 100 times out of 100. of that list Turner is the one I would want most. young Wade would be great and reasonable contract Johnson would be super.
                demar not sense. stupid auto correct

Comment

DD has shown improvement in a lot of areas this season. I remember he said in an interview that he watched a lot of game footage of DWade over the summer. Well, now that explains it!

He's only 23 and I think he still has a lot of room to grow. He hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                    How dare they say we have the 2nd best SG in the east.
                    lol +1
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

George is a 3. Ellis being better than DeMar in my opinion is debatable.

Right now i'd go:

Wade
                      DeRozan
                      Ellis
                      JR Smith
                      JJ
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        George is a 3. Ellis being better than DeMar in my opinion is debatable.

Right now i'd go:

Wade
                        DeRozan
                        Ellis
                        JR Smith
                        JJ
                        George is only playing the 3 due to Granger's injury. He was a 2 all last season and will be on Granger's return

Comment

The East is worse than ever this year. The Raps, at 9 games below 0.500 are 3.5 games out of a playoff spot. It's rediculous. In the west, 9th, 10th, and 11th all have better records than our 8th.

Other than Wade, you can argue that Demar is as good or better than any of the guys you listed so I think the argument for him being second in the east is reasonnable, if not all that impressive.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            The East is worse than ever this year. The Raps, at 9 games below 0.500 are 3.5 games out of a playoff spot. It's rediculous. In the west, 9th, 10th, and 11th all have better records than our 8th.
                            I honestly can't remember a year when this (bolded) wasn't the case.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                              In terms of PER, for what its worth, Wade, Lou Willams, Jordan Crawford, Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, Ray Allen, JR Smith and JJ Redick are ahead of Demar - making him 9th. Monte Ellis is listed as a PG, but really a SG - hes ahead of DD too. Joe Johnson is below, but I think universally thought of as a pretty good player (notwithstanding the contract)
                              Not that PER is the be all and end all .. but Id say a couple of those guys are for sure below DD (Henderson, Reddick, Allen (although hes a specialized player) - but I think its reasonable to say DD is top 5 .. top 2 you can twist the argument, but a little tougher ..
                              Nice post. I think Top 5 is absolutely a bit more fair and reasonable.

While the argument could be made for #2, the case against it is a little stronger.
                              Regardless, Demar is still VERY young and showing tremendous progess this year; and is sure to only improve for the next several seasons.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                I honestly can't remember a year when this (bolded) wasn't the case.
                                Last year our 8th seed had a better record than their 9th.

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X