Bargnani on the way out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani on the way out!

(This is like the second time I've posted on this forum, please move to the appropriate subject heading, thanks)

I'm sure this will make Matt's day even better. Haha... The only concerning part of this article is the note about packaging Lowry in the deal to get a "top-flight player".

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...moved/12537871
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

music to my ears!

Comment

Hopefully, we get someone decent in return.

Comment

My days are going well and I'm not going to lie, this does make it better.

That article is all based on Marc Stein's comment from ESPN Weekend Dime. Any reference to Lowry in the piece is not quoted or attributed to any 'source'. It is pure speculation by Stein. Trading Lowry (who cost the Raps a 1st round pick) is ludicrous. From a basketball perspective, the Raps would be better off to just amnesty Bargnani this summer and use the cap space to lure another player. For the sake of an example, lets use Paul Millsap. Would you rather: trade Lowry-i.e. 1st round pick/Bargnani to Utah for Millsap who may bolt in free agency anyways or would you rather keep Lowry, amnesty Bargnani, throw Bargnani's $$ at Millsap? Keep in mind Millsap can be substituted for any other player.

Comment

I agree that including Lowry in any trade scenario when we just gave up a 1st Rd pick to get him is just a complete waste. Though, I'm not sure if amnestying (sp?) Bargnani is the answer. I'd much rather have a trade that includes picks coming back to us. We would have to try to sell Bargnani to mid-lower tier teams I think.

I hear Jamison isn't happy with his playing time in the Lakers. We could possibly make a trade for him (or Gasol). Would be difficult since Jamison is only getting paid the vet's minimum. I don't think he'll find time here anyway, unless we give up some of our wings.
          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

including Lowry in trades is BC attempting to land a Big Time SF ala Deng/Gay/Iggy/Granger?/JSmoove? someone along those lines.. I doubt BC is stupid enough to include Lowry just to dump Bargs for some scrubs..Dude moved Turkeydoo for a usefull part when everyone said Turk was untradable.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Trading Lowry (who cost the Raps a 1st round pick) is ludicrous. From a basketball perspective, the Raps would be better off to just amnesty Bargnani this summer and use the cap space to lure another player. For the sake of an example, lets use Paul Millsap. Would you rather: trade Lowry-i.e. 1st round pick/Bargnani to Utah for Millsap who may bolt in free agency anyways or would you rather keep Lowry, amnesty Bargnani, throw Bargnani's $$ at Millsap? Keep in mind Millsap can be substituted for any other player.
              IF a trade involving Lowry is being considered, I'll be very surprised if the return does not make up for what he costed. Millsap wouldn't be acquired if he doesn't sign an extension. Just for example.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

How about Bargnani for Royce White and a player or draft pick. (Not sure what it would take to make salaries match)

Comment

Hopkinzo wrote: View Post
                  How about Bargnani for Royce White and a player or draft pick. (Not sure what it would take to make salaries match)
                  Major problems with him and the D-League situation lately with his anxiety...maybe don't want to put up with him.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    Major problems with him and the D-League situation lately with his anxiety...maybe don't want to put up with him.
                    give us white, t.jones and this years first rounder and done in a second. immediately suspend royce white for conduct detrimental to the team.
                    **i'm guessing this hasn't been done yet because the team might feel he has a discrimination suit against them if they do so might not be an option. however to me white signing the contract leads me to believe he knew exactly what he was getting into and should have to man up.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      give us white, t.jones and this years first rounder and done in a second. immediately suspend royce white for conduct detrimental to the team.
                      **i'm guessing this hasn't been done yet because the team might feel he has a discrimination suit against them if they do so might not be an option. however to me white signing the contract leads me to believe he knew exactly what he was getting into and should have to man up.

Comment

Of course I'd want draft picks and/or expiring contracts but this is Bryan Colangelo we are talking about. When he was the GM in Phoenix he did go out and get additional first round picks, but has *never* done that in Toronto.

Plus we have a coach that hates playing rookies... I think the most likely situation is that we replace Bargnani with another vet who has 2-3 years left on his contract.

At this point I'd be happy with a backup center (JV is getting eaten up alive), a stud wing (but that's unlikely) or a starting caliber PF to replace Bargnani and to move Davis back to the second unit.

Packaging him up with Lowry is insane unless we get a perennial all-star back (a player such as Love, Aldridge, Rondo, etc) which is not happening.

Comment

I'd love a Bargnani for a Gallinari trade

Comment

I think what Matt is trying to say is that if we could trade Bargnani in a package for Millsap or any other player who would be a free agent in the off season, why wouldn't we just amnesty him and use that cap space to sign said player instead of having to include other players/assets to make the trade work. Which I fully support btw.

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
                              I'd love a Bargnani for a Gallinari trade
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X