Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bargnani on the way out!

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs at this point is a big ball and chain. Normally, amnesty candidates are players that have bloated contracts and are extremely unproductive. For Bargs, yup, bloated it is. He can score however, which makes an amnesty move that much trickier. HOWEVER, if it does involve Lowry, I wouldn't even entertain it for a second. Send him away at all costs.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea Bargnani, Toronto: Bargnani tore some ligaments in his right elbow and has been out of action since Dec. 11. The word is that the injury did not require surgery and that an extensive rehab was all that would be required to get Bargnani back. The problem with that concept is Bargnani isn’t exactly the hardest worker in the league and the expected window of sometime in January seems more like late January or early February.

League sources say it would be almost impossible to move Bargnani and the three years and $32.25 million remaining on his deal until he returns and proves the elbow isn’t going to be a problem.

It is clear that Toronto will explore moving Bargnani once he returns to action, and the hope is that return is sometime in early February so teams can get a good look at Bargnani before the February 21st NBA trade deadline.

The Raptors want to dump the salary associated with Bargnani and are not seeking much in return for Bargs. Sources close to the Raptors say they have several players they would consider taking on – a shopping list of sorts – and most of them are players radically out of Toronto’s reach unless other assets are packed in.

The Raptors have been linked to Lakers big man Pau Gasol, Milwaukee’s Ersan Ilyasova, and Denver’s Wilson Chandler; however, Raptors sources warn taking on a ton of long-term salary is not what they are looking for in a deal unless it’s exactly the right player.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-few...QXhpUW0KLsD.99

First bold: no shit.

If any of the second bold is true, wow, BC looks really stupid with two things: 1) his handling of Bargnani period, and 2) his constant talk over the years of his high trade value.

Third bold: that is at least some good news. That new luxury tax cannot kick in soon enough for me and hopefully Raps will have cap space to benefit from another team's shallow pockets.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    First bold: no shit.

If any of the second bold is true, wow, BC looks really stupid with two things: 1) his handling of Bargnani period, and 2) his constant talk over the years of his high trade value.

Third bold: that is at least some good news. That new luxury tax cannot kick in soon enough for me and hopefully Raps will have cap space to benefit from another team's shallow pockets.
    At this point, I'd rather take a Pau Gasol than to let him walk with the $32.5 Mil as an amnestied player. What a disaster for BC. He will not forget Bargnani for a long time - especially at the unemployment line next year.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    At this point, I'd rather take a Pau Gasol than to let him walk with the $32.5 Mil as an amnestied player. What a disaster for BC. He will not forget Bargnani for a long time - especially at the unemployment line next year.
    I would take Gasol if he was available purely for the ability to flip him to Minnesota. I would roll the dice on Williams (which I know you would not mind either, lol) as well as get a competent back up in Ridnour and Pekovic to keep or flip as well. It is well known MInnesota wants him and if the Raps trade just him in the transaction all is good. Minnesota might also have $5M in cap space soon enough should Roy seek a medical retirement.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying they wont but 'amnesty' is something management has been clearly reluctant about. The fact that they chose not to do it last off-season clearly proves it. BC mentioned the possibility of doing it a few times but ended up not doing it. Speculation but it seems like ownership did not approve.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying they wont but 'amnesty' is something management has been clearly reluctant about. The fact that they chose not to do it last off-season clearly proves it. BC mentioned the possibility of doing it a few times but ended up not doing it. Speculation but it seems like ownership did not approve.
    The amnesty speculation over the summer was all about Calderon.

I hope Bargnani is tarded and the only use of the amnesty is Kleiza when he picks up his player option.... but if Kleiza can be traded as well, then that is just gravy.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Amnesty is a card you would usually pull if you need immediate cap space in that off season. If Nash said yes to Toronto, then Bryan would have used the amnesty on Jose to free up cash.

So I don't think it was an ownership decision, I think it was Bryan's. If the Raptors are interested in going after a free agent in the summer than I could see them amnestying Bargnani.. otherwise I just see them looking for another asset via a trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Amnesty is a card you would usually pull if you need immediate cap space in that off season. If Nash said yes to Toronto, then Bryan would have used the amnesty on Jose to free up cash.

So I don't think it was an ownership decision, I think it was Bryan's.
    Very good speculation.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information