Clear All

• Bargs for Granger, TM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abtlodn

Lowry/Augustin
    Derozan/Ross
    Granger/Fields
    Ed/Amir
    Valancuinas/Mahinimi

I am a huge fan of this for the raptors.

I think indiana would be sold for Jose Calderon, who would immediately make the team so much better. Also, Bargnani coming off the bench for David West could prove very helpful!

Is this a win-win trade?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

I can see Indiana wanting Jose but I'm not sure how interested they would be in Bargnani especially since they already have David West and Psycho T in their line up. Granger also has bum knees so that is risky.

What I like about the deal is that Granger only has 2 years left on his contract which saves us a year from Bargnani's deal. Jose is definitely an upgrade over Augustin who has been playing very poorly this year.

The other issue is that the Raps would have to waive another player to do this deal since they already have 15 guys on the roster. If you include Gray for example then it could work. Mahinimi should be an upgrade over Gray, but he has 4 years left on his deal @ $4M per.. that's a heavy price for a scrub. Although bigs generally are always more pricey so I can live with that.

I would do this deal.. I'd prefer draft picks and/or expiring contracts but if Indiana has no problems taking Andrea then this deal would work for both teams.

Comment

Love this deal except Danny Grangers knee.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abtlodn

Lowry/Augustin
        Derozan/Ross
        Granger/Fields
        Ed/Amir
        Valancuinas/Mahinimi

I am a huge fan of this for the raptors.

I think indiana would be sold for Jose Calderon, who would immediately make the team so much better. Also, Bargnani coming off the bench for David West could prove very helpful!

Is this a win-win trade?
        The trade works without Mahinmi:

http://o.canada.com/2012/12/24/rapto...small-forward/
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Trade also works without Calderon, which is what I prefer:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7uj7s3w

Comment

It does not work without calderon. Indiana would be dumb as hell to swap Granger for Bargs straight up.
            Calderon would make them pull the trigger, and the potential for Bargs to get it going in a new scenery would further entice them.

Also Mahinmi's bad contract would be ANOTHER reason for indiana to pull this, and it would further our depth, which at C is lacking.

The only concern is Grangers health in my opinion, but if he returns to form this would be a win-win for both teams, imo

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              It does not work without calderon. Indiana would be dumb as hell to swap Granger for Bargs straight up.
              Calderon would make them pull the trigger, and the potential for Bargs to get it going in a new scenery would further entice them.

Also Mahinmi's bad contract would be ANOTHER reason for indiana to pull this, and it would further our depth, which at C is lacking.

The only concern is Grangers health in my opinion, but if he returns to form this would be a win-win for both teams, imo
              Why wouldn't a straight up swap not work? Granger's knee is a concern for Indiana.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Why wouldn't a straight up swap not work? Granger's knee is a concern for Indiana.
                And Bargnani's play is a concern for everyone. Granger is far superior to Bargs when it comes to trade value. Indiana has no use for Bargs, they need Calderon to even raise an eyebrow at this deal

Comment

Why do people think Mahinimi's contract is bad? I'd say he more than earns it. He's stealing minutes from Hibbert and being a lengthy center helps clog up the paint. 4 million for him is solid also keep in mind that in 4 years he'll only be making 4 million aswell which could end up being a complete steal.

Comment

Working...
                  X