X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Have No Interest in Josh Howard

According to Doug Smith that is.

As I mentioned, it was a slow day so …

Been a few days since something out in the ether caught the attention of the masses – and even some of The Irregulars – enough that it’s created a need for reaction.

But the volume of “hey, Josh Howard says he might end up in Toronto, whaddya think” chatter was getting out of control.

In various transmissions with folks in these parts who would have an idea about this sort of thing, two words stood out:

“No interest.”

Yes, that means Toronto has no interest in Howard, have no chats going with Dallas and it’s not going to happen.

And another one bites the dust.
    Source - Click here

Apart from the basketball fit with the Raps, didnt Howard have an issue with the weed not too long ago?

Comment

As I wrote in this morning's post, this is a zero-basketball fit for both teams.

This is hardly news, the Dallas blog that reported this story did it for a few cheap hits, that's all. Maybe last year when when the Raptors were shopping JO and we had piss-poor wings there was some legit intertest, but definitely not now.

Comment

IF there is one true thing about how Bryan Colangelo conducts his business. The media (including Smith) isn't going to learn about things by talking to him - at least not until its widely known. (leaked by someone else)

Since Colangelo arrived the unprofessionalism of past Raptors management is gone.

But Colangelo does issue hints - every day he has been saying "something" could happen. Look for the leaks as to what that something is to come from the other side.
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Why do people even quote Doug Smith? It's terrible.

"There is NO chance Smitch is getting fired."

He's got about as much insider knowledge as the mascot.

Comment

Good. I wasn't a fan of that idea anyhow.

Comment

Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
              Why do people even quote Doug Smith? It's terrible.

"There is NO chance Smitch is getting fired."

He's got about as much insider knowledge as the mascot.
              Sorry dude .... just trying to give the peeps something to discuss here.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                Sorry dude .... just trying to give the peeps something to discuss here.
                Hey - we should listen to Colangelo says and tells the press. He doesn't necessarily (maybe ever) lie. And he drops hints when he feels like it. You just can't read a lack of confirmation as meaning anything.
                The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Don't get me wrong..

@Doc Naismith: I didn't mean to bash you :P I appreciate the discussion here. I'm just not the biggest fan of Doug Smith. I just think he doesn't really know anything about basketball, but has deluded himself into thinking he knows a great deal. Sorry for the miss understanding mate!

@Brother: Right on the head.

Comment

Hey!!! Look who made the trip from RF to RR!

Welcome bro
                    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

who?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

We don't match up well with Dallas in terms of a trade for Howard. They're not going to want Calderon, especially after extending Kidd 3 years-25 mil in the summer. We'd have to offer an expiring or two and a DeRozan, which is horrible, any way you slice it.

Comment

Working...
                        X