Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teams that might have an interest in Bargnani?

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Teams that might have an interest in Bargnani?

Just my opinion. But i'm looking at teams that needs some scoring punch, teams that needs a stretch 4, and teams that would be perfect Bargnani's game.

Not in order:

Lakers
    Timberwolves
    Rockets
    Bulls
    Wizards
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe sac town for cousins... not sure if u might wanna trade for the guy, but at the rate things are going its an option.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do the Cousins deal in a heart beat. Casey may be the sort of coach that can get the most out of him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lakers I can see

Minnesota has Love so I don't see this being the case

Houston has Morris and can go small with Parsons so I don't see him needed there

Bulls haven't been a team to play with a stretch 4 and I can't see Thibs tolerating Bargnani

Wizards are ridiculously foolish enough to make any move so thats quite probable.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    I would do the Cousins deal in a heart beat. Casey may be the sort of coach that can get the most out of him.
    If the Raps were getting a talent like Cousin's (regardless of his immature ways) Colangelo made a massive deal. Honestly though I don't think thats happening, and its not even close.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    If the Raps were getting a talent like Cousin's (regardless of his immature ways) Colangelo made a massive deal. Honestly though I don't think thats happening, and its not even close.
    It doesn't even come close to working financially. Don't think Sac would want to include players to make the #'s work. And you would have to have some sort of death wish to take on that idiot in T.O. His own teammates have told him to go get counselling. I wouldn't take him, coaching is not going to help Cousins or prevent him from going O.J. Simpson in the near future.

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bobcats could use a PF and MKG and Bismack could hide AB's defense... just not sure if BC would do a trade with the bobcats after the last fiasco

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the Los Angeles Lakers, but another team that could be interested in Bargnani, is Miami.

- Stretch 4
    - Shooter
    - Size (to match up when small-ball isn't working)
    - Possibly 6th man

Only problem may be that, Miami doesn't have the assets that could match salary, or trade value.

Chalmers, Wade, James, Battier, Bosh; Cole, Allen, Jones, Haslem, Bargnani.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I would trade Bargnani for Cousins in a heart beat. However I think Cousins value is much, much higher than taking on the dead weight of AB.

As far as the other teams, you can almost immediately rule the Rockets out. Morey is a huge analytics guy so he would never take on Bargnani's $12 million dollar deal unless it was at gunpoint.
    Minnesota seems like a long shot since Kevin Love already fills Bargnani's role as a stretch four, except he does it much more efficiently and actually rebounds the ball more than once a quarter.
    As a previous poster mentioned, Bargnani and Thibodeau would mix like oil and water. The Bulls have also made moves to shed themselves of salary; taking on Bargnani's longer team and relatively expensive deal doesn't make much sense. I'm going to give the Bulls front office the benefit of the doubt and say that they wouldn't be willing to have roughly $30 million tied up into the combo of Boozer/Bargnani.
    Wizards are a mess and are probably open up to shaking things up... But even the Washington front office can't be oblivious enough to think that trading for Bargnani is going to realign them on the right tracks.
    The Lakers still make the most sense (packaged with Calderon), and and I've got a feeling that the Raptors may keep pursuing Gasol if they've convinced themselves that they still have a shot at the playoffs. It's not an ideal fit for Toronto obviously, but it's better than trading him for complete trash or having to amnesty him in the summer. They could always try and flip Gasol this summer as a vet/expiring contract as well.
    Last edited by Fully; Tue Jan 1st, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you plan on doing with Davis?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Charlotte? They've got some okay young pieces, but no real scorer at either PF or C, they're unlikely to attract anyone good free agents despite cap space, and they'll get a high pick in what's probably a very weak draft. They need skill regardless of the negatives that it comes with. They've got a couple bigs who can rebound but not score, so they could conceivably cover for Bargs' rebounding deficiencies.

If we could do Bargnani for Diop (he's an expiring this summer), it might be okay for both teams... we get cap space, they get an upgrade to their bigs. Puts us in a very good cap situation to pick up a significant FA. I'm sure Charlotte would rather do Bargnani for Tyrus Thomas, but that's one of those trades that probably leaves Toronto worse-off.

Edit: just a thought, thinking about Matt's idea of taking bad contracts plus picks, perhaps we could take Thomas and a draft pick... I believe the Bobcats have protected first-rounders from Detroit and Portland as well as their own. The Pistons one (top 14 protected this year, top 8 next year, top 1 2015) would be a nice pickup.
    Last edited by octothorp; Mon Dec 31st, 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All the talk of Cousins for Bargnani: sign me up. However, Cousins will never don a Raptor uniform..... flippit.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    What do you plan on doing with Davis?
    I like Davis, but all this hollinger talk makes me wonder about selling high.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Davis, but all this hollinger talk makes me wonder about selling high.
    Yes.

Have I ever mentioned Paul Millsap? lol
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is one team that can handle knuckleheads - it's the Lakers. So how about:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bykeh22

Sounds like a win-win-win-win

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
    maybe sac town for cousins... not sure if u might wanna trade for the guy, but at the rate things are going its an option.
    Yeah i'd do that in a heartbeat too. I don't think Sac is foolish enough though to trade Cousins for Bargs.

Cousins is a headcase but he is so TALENTED.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

After amnesty in June, Andrea will be a good fit for Benetton Treviso or Acea Roma.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

cousins just had a triple double the other day (12,10,10), you guy's are being all "tenforthewin" with your suggestion that we can trade bargnani for the guy. we'd probably have to give up derozan....

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about this very topic a few days ago.

Honestly, I don't know who would be a fit besides the Lakers.

Maybe the Clippers as another scoring option off the bench.

Maybe Denver - again off bench.

Maybe Houston - pair with Asik but Morey being big in to advanced stats would certainly laugh at any proposal.

Phoenix? But sounds like they are moving in a new direction after this season, plus they have a big who shoots with 2 years left on his contract in Frye..... so probably not.

Wow... this is bleak. Maybe I am too jaded to see clear but I am struggling to see any good fit around the league as a starter other than with the Lakers and Houston. This is enough to make me start drinking again.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Nene is a realistic option. No one is taking Bargs unless they can dump some salary. We'd be taking back 13 mil in the deal.

Thread Information