Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams that might have an interest in Bargnani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is well known Williams was never wanted in MIN and has been attempted to trade before he was ever selected (i.e. the pick). Rumours are just that but supposedly they can't give him away.

Rumours are just that but supposedly one of Ridnour or Barea can be had due to Shved.

Pekovic is going to be in for a big pay day and it has been speculated MIN might not want to be the team that pays him - especially if he gets an absurd offer like other bigs the last couple of seasons (Hibbert got a max deal offered and matched, for example).

Rumours persist of Gasol to MIN for a number of reasons: Rubio request, Adelman's system, belief he can quickly regain All-Star form in a system better suited to his skill set.
    Regardless of the positives, Minnesota would be insane to give up on Pekovic AND Williams for a short term fix. This would be an absolute steal IMO

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      Regardless of the positives, Minnesota would be insane to give up on Pekovic AND Williams for a short term fix. This would be an absolute steal IMO
      I think your opinion of Williams is higher than the Wolves and the rest of the league - for the record, I am with you on this one.

It comes down to Gasol for Pekovic. Considering the goodwill it would create with Rubio and the huge expiring contract after next season.....

Also, there have been rumours Wolves owner Glenn Taylor is looking for a buyer. The short term fix could add tens of millions to a sale of the team. At this time, I think a Wolves team with Gasol will go farther than a team with Pekovic. Just my opinion because I think Gasol is a hell of a lot better than he has shown the last 2 seasons with Brown and now D'Antoni as head coach. Gasol fit like a glove in the triange with Phil Jackson and I think he'd be the same with Adelman.

Comment

Working...
      X