Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams that might have an interest in Bargnani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    Kevin Love reportedly re-fractured his right hand. Will be out indefinitely.

Could this injury open up a potential Bargnani/Williams trade?
    I don't think so. Wolves could not trade Bargnani again until off season. Rumours are they want Gasol or Varejao. When I think Gasol or Varejao I don't think Bargnani.... unless we are playing an antonyms game.

I know I am a broken record but still hoping Raps are the 3rd team that facilitates Gasol to Minnesota.... but of late thinking it will be Milwaukee.

Comment

It looks like Boston could use some scoring, I dont see any trades that could work tho.
      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Yeah, I could see Boston. They need scoring badly and I think they're a team that would be willing to take a chance of him. Outside of Bradley or that rookie whatshisface there's no one on that team I'd want.

Especially Jeff Green
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

How about Philly? Could they use a stretch 4 beside Bynum?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aq468up

Something like Thad Young and a pick for Bargnani?
          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
          ― John Wooden

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I could see Boston. They need scoring badly and I think they're a team that would be willing to take a chance of him. Outside of Bradley or that rookie whatshisface there's no one on that team I'd want.

Especially Jeff Green
            I wouldn't mind rolling the dice with green (provided his health concerns are behind him). He's a very skilled/versatile player, and would easily be our best SF.

His contract is a little inflated, but not too bad when compared to Amir's for example.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
              maybe sac town for cousins... not sure if u might wanna trade for the guy, but at the rate things are going its an option.
              BC will trade him for Jimmer. book it.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/

Nice Front Page for ESPN, Lakers needing a center?

Comment

The Coach wrote:
                  How about Philly? Could they use a stretch 4 beside Bynum?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aq468up

Something like Thad Young and a pick for Bargnani?
                  I actually just posted this same trade (minus the pick) in the trade forum. Completely all for it.

joey_hesketh wrote:
                  One I've been thinking about for a while now, and I feel is very realistic, is Bargs to Philly for Thad Young.
                  Numbers wise it would work as a straight up 1-for-1.

Philly gets a bit more size at the PF spot where they've been starting Young, and Toronto gets rid of a PF (a position we're completely glutted) and can move Young back to his more natural SF position (a position he's on the record as saying he'd prefer to play).

Not to mention that a teaming of Bargani and Bynum could be absolutely disgusting ..in a good way .. or bad actually, come to think of it.

Comment

Bargs and this guy would be an absolute nightmare pairing in the NBA for years to come:

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2013/0...of-not-part-7/
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Lame ?

I am going to make a questionable move and quote myself by copy / pasting from a whole nother forum. Turrible I know.
                      These are the types of deal I see that might be available.

AB / JC to NY for Amare...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7bu437x

(No thanks)

AB / Kleiza / Lucas to Phoenix for Beasley, Wes Johnson, Gortat

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bav3vtw

Colangelo could maybe rob the Suns blind (again), but if we are getting Gortat, they are probably going to want Ed Davis, or someone better than this deal offers

AB / Amir to Sactown for Salmons, Jason Thompson, Aaron Brooks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkxyuh4

meh...

I would love to see Gortat in a Raps uniform, and swapping Beasley for Bargnani brings much of the same scoring potential, and lack of any other contribution.

Based on these types of options, I would rather let Bargnani play off the bench, allow Calderon's deal to expire at the end of the season, try to move Kleiza for anything of value (or any expiring contract), continue with a centre rotation of Amir, JV, and Gray, and move forward with the current core of Lowry, Demar, ED, JV, Ross etc.

Comment

Jordan Hill is now out for the season - no backup C. Things continue to get worse in LakerLand.

I wonder if any deal sending Gasol to Minnesota is becoming more appealing to Minnesota.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c9nhxqs

Raps: Derrick Wililams, Chris Duhon (only $1.5M of his contract guaranteed for next season).
                        Wolves: Gasol, Jamison
                        Lakers: Bargnani, Pekovic, Ridnour, Lee

Obvious for Raps why: shed Bargnani, get a prospect, free up $4.5M in cap space for this summer.
                        Wolves supposedly want Gasol.... bad. As one of the best passing big men in the game, he'd probably work wonders in Adelman's system.
                        Lakers get a stretch 4, back up C (well, starting as long as D12 is out), back up PG, and save $3.5M in luxury tax this summer.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Jordan Hill is now out for the season - no backup C. Things continue to get worse in LakerLand.

I wonder if any deal sending Gasol to Minnesota is becoming more appealing to Minnesota.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c9nhxqs

Raps: Derrick Wililams, Chris Duhon (only $1.5M of his contract guaranteed for next season).
                          Wolves: Gasol, Jamison
                          Lakers: Bargnani, Pekovic, Ridnour, Lee

Obvious for Raps why: shed Bargnani, get a prospect, free up $4.5M in cap space for this summer.
                          Wolves supposedly want Gasol.... bad. As one of the best passing big men in the game, he'd probably work wonders in Adelman's system.
                          Lakers get a stretch 4, back up C (well, starting as long as D12 is out), back up PG, and save $3.5M in luxury tax this summer.
                          It was just announced that Malcolm Lee is out for the remainder of the season after foot and hip surgery. And without him the deal isn't possible in the above form. The most likely addition in his place would be Amundson, but I can't see the Lakers being too interested in that swap.

I would agree though, Jordan Hill being out for the season not only removes a possible trade chip for them, but also gives them fewer big men as well. Right now they are rolling the dice with Jamison and Sacre...I can't help but think they will try to do something.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I don't see the Wolves giving up on Pekovic, Williams and Ridnour ''only'' for Gasol and Jamison.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              I don't see the Wolves giving up on Pekovic, Williams and Ridnour ''only'' for Gasol and Jamison.
                              It is well known Williams was never wanted in MIN and has been attempted to trade before he was ever selected (i.e. the pick). Rumours are just that but supposedly they can't give him away.

Rumours are just that but supposedly one of Ridnour or Barea can be had due to Shved.

Pekovic is going to be in for a big pay day and it has been speculated MIN might not want to be the team that pays him - especially if he gets an absurd offer like other bigs the last couple of seasons (Hibbert got a max deal offered and matched, for example).

Rumours persist of Gasol to MIN for a number of reasons: Rubio request, Adelman's system, belief he can quickly regain All-Star form in a system better suited to his skill set.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                                It was just announced that Malcolm Lee is out for the remainder of the season after foot and hip surgery. And without him the deal isn't possible in the above form. The most likely addition in his place would be Amundson, but I can't see the Lakers being too interested in that swap.

I would agree though, Jordan Hill being out for the season not only removes a possible trade chip for them, but also gives them fewer big men as well. Right now they are rolling the dice with Jamison and Sacre...I can't help but think they will try to do something.
                                Lee is making less than $800k and his contract is not guaranteed next season as he was a 2nd round pick. Like so many other fringe players inserted in a deal to make the numbers work, he most likely would be waived upon trade completion anyways. I don't think his injury status would cause stoppage of the deal if both teams wanted to get it done. But you are right, other players, like Amundson could be inserted.

Comment

Working...
                                X