• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Make a Deal for Demarcus Cousins

Raptors Receive: Cousins, Brooks, Hayes, Salmons

King Receive: Bargnani, Jose, Jonas

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

I think this deal works for both sides. The Kings get a young centre who will replace Cousins and develop, a big man who could score, and an expiring PG.
    Raptors get a very talented player (15-10 guy, with 20-10 potential) along with a good backup PG and some bad contracts.
    Many teams have been linked to Cousins in a trade, but none have a young centre like Jonas to offer. (Teams were Charlotte, Boston, Dallas and other)
    Thoughts?

Note: This is just a proposal that I thought up....i cant change the title.
    Last edited by raptors98; Wed Jan 2, 2013, 01:59 PM.

Dude you nearly gave me a heart attack. I thought this actually went down

Comment

lock!
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

This isn't April 1, is it? The title and the fact that it is in Everything Raptors and not the Trade Proposal Forum got my attention. False alarm.

Comment

I'm not a mod but I think everyone would agree that 1) proposed/fantasy trades go in trade forum, and 2) "Raps make a Deal for Demarcus Cousins" is beyond misleading and unnecessary.

Comment

I almost pissed myself. Seriously, work on titles.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

bloody clown.

Comment

I think I threw up a little there.....

Comment

You fucking douche

Comment

if BC included Val in any trades id projectile vomit all over him!

Comment

lets just look at the trade a little

pretty much our with the trade team is Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Ed Davis/ Amir Johnson, Cousins

instead of Lowry/ Calderon, DeRozan, Ross, Ed Davis/ Bargnani, JV/ Amir Johnson

so all our depth just to replace cousins for JV...I love it
                      if our GM and team really believe Cousins can be a 20-10 guy then go for it
                      JV as it sits still needs probably 2-3 years to get there whereas Cousins can do it this year or next
                      our "depth" is overrated as we are not a good team
                      good teams have depth, bad teams just have a bunch of players that are close to each other in skill

Comment

I just shit in my pants...who is going to clean this up!?
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Worst deal ever.....So bad. Just ungodly. Wow...

Comment

raptors98 wrote: View Post
                            Raptors Receive: Cousins, Brooks, Hayes, Salmons

King Receive: Bargnani, Jose, Jonas

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

I think this deal works for both sides. The Kings get a young centre who will replace Cousins and develop, a big man who could score, and an expiring PG.
                            Raptors get a very talented player (15-10 guy, with 20-10 potential) along with a good backup PG and some bad contracts.
                            Many teams have been linked to Cousins in a trade, but none have a young centre like Jonas to offer. (Teams were Charlotte, Boston, Dallas and other)
                            Thoughts?
                            That's because no GM with a brain and a young C prospect would give him up for Cousins.

I'm not a big believer in the 'you know a player in his 3rd season', because I believe some guys are late bloomers. But in terms of character and what kind of player is going to show up to work every day, it's pretty correct. It's ridiculously rare that a guy like Cousins, or say, Zach Randolph, get their head on straight. It took a long time for Randolph, and the obvious threat that if he didn't become a pro and buy in somewhere, he'd never get a real chance again.

Comment

Guys please, post your fantasy trades in the proposal sub-forum here and not the main Raptors forum. The titles are very misleading and annoying. Ugh!

Comment

Working...
                              X