Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't The (C)Raptors Always Go On A Win Streak This Time Of Year?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't The (C)Raptors Always Go On A Win Streak This Time Of Year?

I'm not even kidding around. I've noticed this for a few years. Then everyone gets some hope and excitement and they get on their computers and E-Mail away. Asking in to the newspapers,blogs,tv networks,etc. "If they continue to play good, does this... ... ?"

Then they go back to sucking by February and everyone blames a player. Then that player gets traded or let go or it's the coach.

It's such bullshit! Honestly, it's going to happen again this year. I like Colangelo,but, it's time for him and the team to move on.

It's also time to get rid of the ocassional C that is thrown in front of the R. When talking about this team.

That is all.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't take optimism away from me, it's all I have. : /

Please.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

it was better when you stuck to the other part of the forum.

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They wont suck in february. That is all.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LBF it is hard to take you or the thread seriously when you admittedly never watch the games for the last few seasons.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I'm not even kidding around. I've noticed this for a few years. Then everyone gets some hope and excitement and they get on their computers and E-Mail away. Asking in to the newspapers,blogs,tv networks,etc. "If they continue to play good, does this... ... ?"

Then they go back to sucking by February and everyone blames a player. Then that player gets traded or let go or it's the coach.

It's such bullshit! Honestly, it's going to happen again this year. I like Colangelo,but, it's time for him and the team to move on.

It's also time to get rid of the ocassional C that is thrown in front of the R. When talking about this team.

That is all.
    Actually, looking at Calderon's game logs since he's the longest tenured raptors, only in 2009-10 was the closest it came to this year's december record when they went 6-2, this year was 7-1. all the other years they were 2-6.

and they had a couple of winning streaks during jan and feb in past years.

im not sure where you're coming from with this "revelation"

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there's clearly no evidence to support what you're saying. It seems to me you're just saying it so that if things don't go well you can be there to brag about how you saw it coming...Well if they suck, they suck. And if you don't like it, cheer for another team.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything, we always have a little run at the end of the season, usually after its been decided as useless

But a 7-1 streak? I dont remember that in a few years.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im just proud of the team I mean coming from 4-19 to 11-20 record? gotta give credit where its due proud of them for winning games that were should wins. Love the defense coming back to some resemblance of what it was last year too.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Im just proud of the team I mean coming from 4-19 to 11-20 record? gotta give credit where its due proud of them for winning games that were should wins. Love the defense coming back to some resemblance of what it was last year too.
    +1, we've seen some serious growth in our team. It is a good sign
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is all.
    I think you're confusing the Raptors with the Leafs
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    LBF it is hard to take you or the thread seriously when you admittedly never watch the games for the last few seasons.
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the 2009-10 season when we were on like a 7 game winning streak while being a couple of games above .500 going into the allstar break.... Good times.

But then we lost 10 in a row.... haha... "ball".

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A Jay Triano coached team is bound to miss the playoffs

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    I remember the 2009-10 season when we were on like a 7 game winning streak while being a couple of games above .500 going into the allstar break.... Good times.

But then we lost 10 in a row.... haha... "ball".
    That was the inspiration for this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there's plenty of people on here more than me, who rarely watch a raptors game.

Regardless,Matt. In this case, I don't see how your point has relevance?

I don't have to know anything about the team, except their standings and streaks. Which you don't have to watch the games to find out.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there's plenty of people on here more than me, who rarely watch a raptors game.

Regardless,Matt. In this case, I don't see how your point has relevance?

I don't have to know anything about the team, except their standings and streaks. Which you don't have to watch the games to find out.
    But did you look up their streaks or did you just pull it out of your ass? As there might have been one other win streak "at this time of year" in the last 5/6 years or so.

Now if you don't look at the games and don't look up the standings and streaks your post don't have relevance (except for trolling). Now if you do know the standings and streaks, as you claim, you would not have had any need to post this thread as a question, as you could just have presented the facts (which of course would have been difficult as your post isn't on par with anything factual).

Maybe you just want to make the outragous claim that a team that has been below average on average always comes back down to earth after a winning streaks. Now that's some enlightning stuff right there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    But did you look up their streaks or did you just pull it out of your ass? As there might have been one other win streak "at this time of year" in the last 5/6 years or so.

Now if you don't look at the games and don't look up the standings and streaks your post don't have relevance (except for trolling). Now if you do know the standings and streaks, as you claim, you would not have had any need to post this thread as a question, as you could just have presented the facts (which of course would have been difficult as your post isn't on par with anything factual).

Maybe you just want to make the outragous claim that a team that has been below average on average always comes back down to earth after a winning streaks. Now that's some enlightning stuff right there.
    If he had stated what you have he indeed would have caught me talking out my ass.

But, he didn't. So, his point is irrelevant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information