Mitchell had restrictions when coaching Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell had restrictions when coaching Bargnani

Here's an interview with Sam Mitchell where he explains that he could not coach Bargnani the way he coached his other players, ie. he could not be a hard ass on him. This is all the proof I need to conclude that this organization needs to change from the top up.

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/tim-s...ry-2---2pm.mp3

fast forward to if you want miss the puck talk, 15:50

Comment

fast forward to 15:50 if you want miss the puck talk

Comment

"..Andrea can block shots and rebound if he wants to..."

Comment

Andrea can suck cocks and is knee-bound when he wants to...

Comment

hahahahaha
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Rap Attack wrote: View Post
              This is all the proof I need to conclude that this organization needs to change from the top
              Bingo
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Confirmation of stuff that we all suspected. Mitchell had his issues with X's and O's, but he knew how to handle Bargnani and wasn't allowed to because of the high pick/reputations being on the line.

Comment

Not surprising .. I think we all knew that Smitchs firing was related to his inability to handle AB the way he wanted to. None the less ..a great listen .. hes always entertaining. Thats one of his issues though if Smith always thinks hes the smartest / funniest guy in teh room, which rubs some people the wrong way.

I also liked his recounting of the draft and how, even in hindsight AB was the right pick. I wish people would stfu once and for all about we should have drafted Rudy Gay ..

However, I also think its worth noting that BC's meddling even back then was more about how smitch treated AB as opposed to guaranteed minutes etc. I have to image all of that is gone now was things have changed DRAMATICALLY since then, as the thesis then was "this guy needs a chance to show his talent" and now hes had his chance many times over ..

Comment

It's disappointing to hear but it doesn't really change my opinion on the Colangelo/Bargnani dynamic, since I already figured something like this was true.

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate:

Could any part of this be Mitchell jumping on the blame Bargnani bandwagon to make himself look better? Sam has had difficulty getting back in the league. Spent 1 year as an assistant coach with the Nets before being replaced by PJ last season.

I don't doubt what he is saying but I question the motives.

Comment

Possibly, but for all his southern drawl, I never heard the man say a bad word about anybody. Even in that interview I got the feeling Sam was giving Andrea more credit for who he can be, rather than blaming anyone.

Also, the story jives, at the time that WAS the criticism against him. He was being too hard on him, unforgiving, giving him the silent treatment.

Not saying Sam handled it right, but I feel comfortable giving him the benefit of the doubt. As for coaching gigs, they are not easy took a long time and a championship team for Casey to get another kick at the bucket.

Comment

(also not easy for a coach to score a tv gig)

Comment

from the top up?

Comment

I really don't care much for Mitchell's perception of things. This is the guy who said, "it's not about the x's and o's, it's about the jimmies and the joes," - and this was coming from our COACH.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                              X