Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargnani to L.A... But not to the Lakers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani to L.A... But not to the Lakers!

Andrea Bargnani & Linas Kleiza to the Clippers for Lamar Odom & Caron Butler.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7jvuoq

Clippers would then put Matt Barnes in their starting 5. He's been playing better than Butler this season. Kleiza would then take Barnes spot as the backup SF and Bargnani would take Odom spot as the backup PF.

For the Raptors, Butler would be an upgrade at the 3. Odom is still a good backup player and he's slowly but surely finding his game again, though he will never be agagin the player he was a couple years ago.

Raptors:
    Valanciunas/Gray
    Davis/Johnson/Odom/Acy
    Butler/Fields/Pietrus
    DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
    Lowry/Calderon/Lucas

Clippers:
    Jordan/Turiaf/Hollins
    Griffin/Bargnani/Thompkins
    Barnes/Kleiza/Hill
    Green/Crawdord/Billups
    Paul/Bledsoe

What do you think? Would you do it? Would the Clippers do it?

The PG situation would still need to be adressed.

EDIT: Let's do something else!

Sorry I couldn't edit the original post I don't know why. Let's try something else:

Bulls trade Richard Hamilton, Kirk Hinrich, Nazr Mohammed and Kyle Korver's TE to the Raptors & trade Vladimir Radmanovic to the Clippers.

Clippers trade Caron Butler to the Raptors.

Raptors trade Jose Calderon, Linas Kleiza and Quincy Acy to the Bulls & trade Andrea Bargnani to the Clippers.

What do you think of this trade?

Comment

It's getting hard to post/edit things right now... Just wanted to show you what the team would look like after the trade.

Valanciunas/Mohammed/Gray
      Davis/Johnson
      Butler/Fields/Pietrus
      DeRozan/Ross/Hamilton/Anderson
      Lowry/Hinrich/Lucas

The contracts of Hamilton, Pietrus and Mohammed end up at the end of the season (Hamilton's contract being a 5M team option). That mean we could decide whether to keep Anderson or Hamilton at the end of the season. I think we should go with Anderson.

At first you may think that we won't have enough playing time to give to all these wing players, but I think it could work pretty well. Let's take a look at the minutes that could be given to the first 10 guys (with approximated numbers):

DeRozan-35
      Lowry-30
      Butler-25
      Davis-25
      Valanciunas-25
      Hinrich-20
      Ross-20
      Johnson-20
      Fields-20
      Hamilton-20

That is for a total of 240 minutes. But we all know that during the curse of a season there are injuries, better or worse play of different players, etc... So that doesn't mean Anderson would not play, for example.

If Gray takes his player option (he'll probably do so), we would be assured of a pretty good team for next year, even before knowing what will happen during the offseason since all these players would be under contract:

Valanciunas/Gray
      Davis/Johnson
      Butler/Fields
      DeRozan/Ross
      Lowry/Hinrich/Lucas

So, with all this being said, what do you think of this trade???

Comment

Butler has been playing lights out recently. His experience, defense, and locker room presence provides something good for the chemistry and character of the Clips. They've been one of the best teams in the league, he's been an impact. Odom has been a key component off the bench for the Clips, hasn't had a career year so to speak, but he's a neutral player doing his role.

Overall, your last edit, I definitely wouldn't mind having that. Although, aren't Hinrich and Butler on long-terms? If so, any little bit of flexibility left may be hampered, and I would definitely be up for more draft picks. Accumulating draft picks & prospects in my opinion are better than taking in long-term contracts/older players. There's not much future surrounding the core (Lowry, Ross, Derozan, Fields, Davis, Valanciunas). Although, the end of the contracts for Butler & Hinrich could end up helping in free agency/trade.

Scale of 1-10, I would give this a 7. Average deal, although lots of questions, because it only favors the near-future.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Hinrich and Butler' contracts end up at the end of next season, so it would free up cap space for the big summer of 2014.

Also, seeing the way Pietrus is playing right now, we could pick up Hamilton option and bring him back next year along with Anderson.

Let's take a look at what the salaries could look like next year (with approximated numbers):

DeRozan-10M$
          Butler-8M$
          Johnson-7M$
          Lowry-6M$
          Fields-5M$
          Hamilton-5M$
          Free agent (C)-5M$
          Hinrich-4M$
          Valanciunas-4M$
          Ross-3M$
          Davis-3M$
          Gray-3M$
          Lucas-2M$
          Anderson-2M$
          Rookie (PF)-1M$

For a total of about 68M$. Not bad.

Let's say we are able to get Pachulia from the Hawks and that we draft Patric Young from Florida, here's what the roster could look like by next october:

Valanciunas/Pachulia/Gray
          Davis/Johnson/Young
          Butler/Fields/Anderson
          DeRozan/Ross/Hamilton
          Lowry/Hinrich/Lucas

This is Solid.

Comment

Bargnani has absolutely no trade value right now...hes not even worth a top 15 pick....If we are going to trade Bargnani why not get tyreke evans...another player who they should go after is anderson varajao

Comment

You just said that he was not having value and you want Tyreke or Varejao in return?..

Comment

Bargnani having no trade value is inaccurate, because somewhere a GM will say "meh, we can turn him around". You can't use logic with trade value anymore. Gilbert Arenas got traded, didn't he? I mean he was the worst situation possible, and if he can get traded anyone can.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Barnes and Odom for Bargs and Anderson. Barnes is a very solid 2 way player...and Odom is still decent(and can be amnestied)
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Comment

Odom can only be amnestied by the team that had him when the new contract came into force.

Comment

Is not Odom's contract expiring? Amnesty is not even necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X