Possible destinations for Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible destinations for Bargnani

I know everyone wants Bargnani out of town but the the reality is what in the world is he worth right now? We need to package bargnani and calderon in order to get rid of him. In return we are going to get expiring contracts so that we can spend for the next offseason...guys like josh smith, tyreke evans and more are in the market.

If i was colangelo i would absolutely go after gerald henderson....this can can play...casey would love this guy he can defend and score. Hes on the trade block and we can prob get him for nothing..

Al jefferson and millsap are also out there..we will have to probably have to get rid of t ross though...

Last player on my mind is michael beasley...straight up for bargnani plus a bench warmer

here are my thoughts let me know what u guys think??

REMEMBER IM TRYING TO BE REALISTIC!!

Hawks won't never let Josh Smith go. He's playing the best basketball of his career right now and Atlanta hopes to bring him back.

Why would Sacramento trade for Bargnani? And get rid of Tyreke? And why would we want Tyreke?

And why in the world would you want to trade Ross?

And Henderson... We already have DeMar and Ross at the 2.

And Beasley... lol

Sorry but even if you're trying to be realistic I don't think you really are.

Comment

If atlanta wanted smith and smith wanted to stay they would have already sign an extension....henderson can be that sf starter until ross can fully develop into an elite swing man....henderson can then come off the bench. Only big men I see we gettin is someone like nene or okafor...They absolutely want to leave washington haha

Tyreke Evans for the same reason is a stud.

Comment

Henderson is freakin' 6'4 how you want him to be our SF?

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aesk7t7

Since I can't post a new thread here's a new idea.

Mavericks trade Shawn Marion and Chris Kaman for Jose Calderon and Marcin Gortat

Raptors trade Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Michael Beasley and Chris Kaman

Suns trade Marcin Gortat and Michael Beasley for Andrea Bargnani and Shawn Marion

Why Dallas: They get their starting point guard and their starting center.

Why Toronto: They get rid of Jose's contract and of Bargnani and get 2 starting caliber players including Kaman whose contract ends at the end of the season.

Why Phoenix: Get rid of 2 players that don't fit team's plans. Beasley have not leaved up to the expectations and Gortat is not happy there. Get 2 starting caliber players in return.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aesk7t7

Since I can't post a new thread here's a new idea.

Mavericks trade Shawn Marion and Chris Kaman for Jose Calderon and Marcin Gortat

Raptors trade Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Michael Beasley and Chris Kaman

Suns trade Marcin Gortat and Michael Beasley for Andrea Bargnani and Shawn Marion

Why Dallas: They get their starting point guard and their starting center.

Why Toronto: They get rid of Jose's contract and of Bargnani and get 2 starting caliber players including Kaman whose contract ends at the end of the season.

Why Phoenix: Get rid of 2 players that don't fit team's plans. Beasley have not leaved up to the expectations and Gortat is not happy there. Get 2 starting caliber players in return.
            As long as Bryan is still the GM I can't see Beasley ever becoming a Raptor. Bryan avoids challenging players and Beasley has not fit in well with a myriad of teams. Plus don't forget Beasley could have been had in the Bosh trade but Bryan went with a TPE instead.

I'd also rather have Jose's expiring contract over Kaman's. Once JV comes back there will be less room for Kaman.

Comment

Kevin Love broke his hand in Minny. Gasol is concussed and Howard has a torn labrum. Bargs anyone?
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I rarely/never participate in these trade threads .. too much of a shit-show in these parts Haha .. but I'm going to try it out..

One I've been thinking about for a while now, and I feel is very realistic, is Bargs to Philly for Thad Young.
                Numbers wise it would work as a straight up 1-for-1.

Philly gets a bit more size at the PF spot where they've been starting Young, and Toronto gets rid of a PF (a position we're completely glutted) and can move Young back to his more natural SF position (a position he's on the record as saying he'd prefer to play).

Not to mention that a teaming of Bargani and Bynum could be absolutely disgusting ..in a good way .. or bad actually, come to think of it.

Comment

I know it may not seem obvious at first, but I see LAC as a posssible destination. They are a lot thinner up front than most realize at first glance. Jordan and Griffin are a great starting duo, but their backups are Turiaf, Odom and Hollins. Odom is also still not even half the player he was 2 seasons ago. This means they basically only have Griffin up front who can score, and when he's off the floor or injured, they have no scoring threats up front. The Clips also have waaay too many perimeter players, and Grant Hill is just about to return from injury to add to that.

Long story short, LAC could feel the need to get some frontcourt scoring, and Bargs is a shooter and thus could compliment either Griffin or Jordan on the floor. They might feel, like a lot of TO fans, that a bench role is perfect for him. They also wouldn't have to give up any key pieces to get him. I would love to get Bledsoe, but doubt that's happening. So my Bargs to LAC deal would bring us back Caron Butler and a 1st rd pick, and maybe we'd have to send AA out too. Butler would bring a lot of the same things as AA, and has one less year on his deal than Bargs.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I know it may not seem obvious at first, but I see LAC as a posssible destination. They are a lot thinner up front than most realize at first glance. Jordan and Griffin are a great starting duo, but their backups are Turiaf, Odom and Hollins. Odom is also still not even half the player he was 2 seasons ago. This means they basically only have Griffin up front who can score, and when he's off the floor or injured, they have no scoring threats up front. The Clips also have waaay too many perimeter players, and Grant Hill is just about to return from injury to add to that.

Long story short, LAC could feel the need to get some frontcourt scoring, and Bargs is a shooter and thus could compliment either Griffin or Jordan on the floor. They might feel, like a lot of TO fans, that a bench role is perfect for him. They also wouldn't have to give up any key pieces to get him. I would love to get Bledsoe, but doubt that's happening. So my Bargs to LAC deal would bring us back Caron Butler and a 1st rd pick, and maybe we'd have to send AA out too. Butler would bring a lot of the same things as AA, and has one less year on his deal than Bargs.
                    If their weakness is their front court than Bargnani would add to that weakness.. Bargnani is more of a perimeter player and if that is what they have a lot of depth in, why add one more?

At the rate the Clippers have been playing their first round pick would be #30, which is the worst pick you could get. It's a guaranteed contract for basically a 2nd rounder.

The Clippers have said they are holding on to Bledsoe until the summer in case Paul leaves. If Paul stays then Bledsoe will be available, so any trade for him would have to wait until the off season. Odom is crap, and Butler although a nice player is a need for the Clippers. They wouldn't want to give him up for Bargnani.

I just don't see a deal there, and when a team is doing that well they probably wouldn't want to make any drastic changes.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      If their weakness is their front court than Bargnani would add to that weakness.. Bargnani is more of a perimeter player and if that is what they have a lot of depth in, why add one more?

At the rate the Clippers have been playing their first round pick would be #30, which is the worst pick you could get. It's a guaranteed contract for basically a 2nd rounder.

The Clippers have said they are holding on to Bledsoe until the summer in case Paul leaves. If Paul stays then Bledsoe will be available, so any trade for him would have to wait until the off season. Odom is crap, and Butler although a nice player is a need for the Clippers. They wouldn't want to give him up for Bargnani.

I just don't see a deal there, and when a team is doing that well they probably wouldn't want to make any drastic changes.
                      First point....the Clippers have major offensive issues with their bigs. Their weakness is definitely more about scoring than D. They rely so much on the perimeter players because other than Griffin, no one can hit a shot, and even Griffin is limited in range. You can say Bargs is a perimeter player, but he'd give them that dynamic from a position where it's lacking.

2nd point...fair point, but do you think we'll get a lottery pick for Bargs?? I think playoff teams are much more likely to give up a 1st rd pick, and maybe BC can have it slated for 2014 or 2015 rather than this year. You never know what a draft pick could turn into.

3rd point...They actually don't really NEED Butler. Part of my main argument was that Grant Hill will return this weekend. If Hill is health, he and Barnes are better defenders than Butler. Butler's shooting would not seriously be missed as Bargs would add to it. Also, that's why we could throw AA in, who would give them much the same as Butler.

If I'm LAC, I look at Bargs + Anderson for Butler + a pick and think a few things:
                      - Finally get a big who can hit jumpers, adding a pick and pop dimension to the team with Paul.
                      - Anderson brings you almost exactly the same thing as Butler.
                      - If Paul is staying, this team does not really need draft picks as they have their core in place. Losing one pick should not be a problem in the long run.
                      - If you can trade Butler and fill the position cheaper with Barnes, Hill and AA, why not? Butler's not a good enough trade chip to bring back a younger, better wing. Only if they decide to trade Bledsoe can they hope to get a pick or young asset back. Butler's contract has one more year on it after this, so he's an attractive trade chip, and frankly the only one they probably have other than Bledsoe. Odom is someone I'm sure they'd love to trade, but no one would take.

In the end, the deal really doesn't change anything drastically for LAC since Bargs comes off the bench and AA easily fills in for Butler. The only real cost is a draft pick, and that they may need to sign another SF this summer.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jan 10, 2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

If we couldn't get Butler and a 1st rd pick from LA, would you settle for Odom and a 1st rd pick??? Assuming they'd part with his expiring contract, the reason I say settle is that given what happened in Dallas, it's quite possible he never wants to play in Toronto. But there is that expiring contract. I don't know how much LAC values that. Their owner is notoriously cheap, but they're going to be paying big money anyway for the next few years unless they want to destroy what they've built.

Comment

Working...
                        X