Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I cannot even type the words that came out of my mouth on those instances. It is a piss off to say the least and I will leave it at that. It goes to show that DeRozan is not a smooth player and doesn't PLAY the game, he THINKS the game.
    Yup, I can't tell you how many times I've yelled, "DUNK IT!" at the TV watching DeRozan's weak attempts at finishing.

It's almost as frustrating as watching Bargnani's pump-fake-one-dribble-contested-pullup-22-footers over and over again.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure why Demar would be easier to trade next year than this year. His new contract doesn't start until next year at which point the team would be trying to trade a 9 mil contract as opposed to a 4 mil contract. (Demar also doesn't have a poison pill contract - that refers to low front end contracts that jump at the end of their term so that the 'average cost' of the contract makes it unaffordable for a team)

Matt52:

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately this is (apparently) not the deal on the table . Also....

I imagine a whole hell of a lot less. And I can only tell you I want to be so very wrong on this.
    The problem with trading DD now is he counts as $3.3 to the Raps going out but $8.3 for any team taking him (average of this year and each year of his extension). It makes it dicey with the CBA.

Calderon and ED are clearly not going to land you Gay. More teams will have to be involved.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    If we can keep Ed and still acquire rudy gay, then i'd jizz my pants. It not completely out of the question tho, if another team jumps in we could make it possible with Bargs, Caldy and Kleiza/Pietrus/AA.
    A start lineup of:

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Eddy D
    Valanciunas

Now that is a beastly lineup.
    While I like each of those players in the starting line up we would have a tough time scoring points. Teams would constantly go zone with the lack of shooting and pack the paint taking away lanes on DD and Gay. Unless DD or Gay improved their shot they would have a tough time spreading the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Craiger;181778]I'm not sure why Demar would be easier to trade next year than this year. His new contract doesn't start until next year at which point the team would be trying to trade a 9 mil contract as opposed to a 4 mil contract. (Demar also doesn't have a poison pill contract - that refers to low front end contracts that jump at the end of their term so that the 'average cost' of the contract makes it unaffordable for a team)

I was under the impression when a player is signed to an early extension they can't be traded for the current salary and the extension effects it some how. Poison pill was the wrong term but I don't think it is just his current salary that i factored in. Maybe I'm wong

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    While I like each of those players in the starting line up we would have a tough time scoring points. Teams would constantly go zone with the lack of shooting and pack the paint taking away lanes on DD and Gay. Unless DD or Gay improved their shot they would have a tough time spreading the floor.
    Gay and lowry can both knock down the 3 pointer. And Valanciunas and Ed both have that 15 footer, i don't see it being a huge problem. Unlike Jose, Lowry actually penetrates when the opposing team goes zone.

Post Thanks / Like