Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    For Rudy Gay, I would be willing to shop any of these players;

Demar Derozan (Terrence Ross and Landry Fields still available at the 2 position)
    Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
    Jose Calderon
    Linas Kleiza
    Andrea Bargnani
    No offense but it doesnt take a genius to figure that out.
    Man this beer kicked in pretty fast!

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Ryan wolstat says on twitter that based on what he's heard he thinks "it's 70% likely the raptors aquire Rudy Gay"

he said there are "many many factors at play. Tons of stuff going on, but there's a good chance it happens before the deadline"
    Are you freakin' kidding me?! I was really hoping this would get done by the end of the day.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Are you freakin' kidding me?! I was really hoping this would get done by the end of the day.
    who knows, things could change.. he posted that 2 hours ago after all lol

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    lol
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read the tweet myself. Wolstat could've been attempting humour:

"Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear." Good advice in terms of leaked NBA trade speculation
    Now that I've said that, I think it's 70% likely the Raptors acquire Rudy Gay
    In other words, don't believe anything Wolstat says, lol.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that this seems to be heating up just after Rondo's injury. The thing that's been holding the Raptors back on moving Calderon is that nobody is really motivated to make a move, everyone is willing to just wait. But with the Celtics motivated to move quickly on getting a new PG, it means that Colangelo finally has a bit of leverage. On the other hand, if Memphis is seriously willing to entertain Pierce for Gay, then Memphis might view themselves as having more leverage, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it bad that I want to see this happen just so I can hear the rationale for it?

"Well, Doug, whenever you have the chance to get a guy who is making $16.5, $18 and $19 million dollars over the next three years who shoots 40% from the field, is a mediocre small forward, who has never made an all-star game, and whose current championship calibre team is prepared to trade him, you have to take it. We really needed another volume shooter who plays in isolation. It's the missing piece that gets us over the hump. You know, teams are already calling us up congratulating us on this deal."

I can't wait for this press conference....
    Last edited by slaw; Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

With Amir's really surprising development and improvement (many saying he is what he is), still having Quincy Acy, and possibly acquiring a really nice forward in Darrell Arthur, I think letting Davis off would be fine, especially because we're acquiring Gay.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9ezrxs

Toronto Trades: Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan, Ed Davis + 2nd Round picks
    Memphis Trades: Tony Wroten Jr. Rudy Gay, Darrell Arthur + 1st Round

Memphis takes in Derozan's contract - and while taking in near 10$ million the next year - Jose expires at the end of the season, allowing them to re-sign him for cheaper or letting him walk to acquire the full cap space, and Ed Davis' cheap rookie contract and his ability to back-up Randolph. Derozan's contract is definitely better than Gay's, and it might be stupid to say Derozan is a better player, but he's playing fairly better this season. Memphis addresses their cap issues, set a solid future for when Randolph is out with Davis, and their number 1 wing in Derozan. Memphis can continue to build their team with young pieces, and trade Randolph for cap/picks/prospects. Also gets Toronto's 2nd Round picks.

Toronto acquires Gay - and although not playing great (also not at 100%) - he's a potential star, only 26 years old, proves can score with the best of them, great slashing ability, athletic, terrific finisher, shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor, and defensively better than Derozan. Tony Wroten. JR addresses the need for a true back up guard (possibly the future if Lowry is traded, or walks) - no one wants to see Lucas be the full time back-up - and Arthur who provides energy, rebounding, and hustle off the bench. Possibly a future first, non protected pick from Memphis.

Talent for talent.

Toronto:

Lowry/Wroten/Lucas
    Fields/Ross/Pietrus
    Gay/Anderson/Kleiza
    Johnson/Bargnani/Arthur/Acy
    Valanciunas/Gray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    If we can keep Ed and still acquire rudy gay, then i'd jizz my pants. It not completely out of the question tho, if another team jumps in we could make it possible with Bargs, Caldy and Kleiza/Pietrus/AA.
    A start lineup of:

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Eddy D
    Valanciunas

Now that is a beastly lineup.
    Do you really think this could ever happen at all? The Grizzlies are trying to shed salary not obtain even more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If only it were possible for the Raptors to pull off these 2 trades!

TRADE 1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bacx9u3

* Utah would likely waive Collins & Barbosa
    * Toronto would send 2 2nd round picks to Utah
    * Utah would send a 1st round pick to Memphis
    * Toronto would send a 2nd round pick to Boston
    * Boston would send a 1st round pick to Toronto

TRADE 2: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atq2plq

* Minnesota would send a 1st round pick to Lakers (Memphis' 2013 pick, which is already owed to Minny)
    * Toronto would send a 1st round pick to Lakers (from Boston in Trade #1)

TORONTO LINEUP
    C: Pekovic, Valanciunas, Gray
    PF: Millsap, Johnson, Acy
    SF: Gay, Williams, Anderson
    SG: Fields, Ross, Pietrus
    PG: Ridnour, Duhon, Lucas

Dreaming I know... but on the surface they actually make sense to me...
    Stop teasing me man.... not cool...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I just read the tweet myself. Wolstat could've been attempting humour:

In other words, don't believe anything Wolstat says, lol.
    lol this is true, didn't look at it like that.. but the number of tweets after that make me think he may actually believe it is likely to happen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Is it bad that I want to see this happen just so I can hear the rationale for it?

"Well, Doug, whenever you have the chance to get a guy who is making $16.5, $18 and $19 million dollars over the next three years who shoots 40% from the field, is a mediocre small forward, who has never made an all-star game, and whose current championship calibre team is prepared to trade him, you have to take it. We really needed another volume shooter who plays in isolation. It's the missing piece that gets us over the hump. You know, teams are already calling us up congratulating us on this deal."

Or, maybe not do the trade, and Colangelo does his end of season press conference....

Well, Eric, i would like to commend Jose Calderon for playing the best basketball of his 8 year career with the Raptors, and Ed Davis for showing significant improvement from the past season, and yet, we're here again, for the Nth time doing a presscon while the playoffs are about to start. Since we are pinning our hopes again on Calderon, Lowry, who is our best player talent wise, has not agreed to a contract extension like what Bosh did when he was here. So no playoffs, possibly no Lowry and we are back to being a lottery team again. Oh but hey, we have $10 mil additional cap space to work with! Lets see who we can get out there to play for Toronto! Like every year, we keep looking and looking for the big FA to sign but for some reason, they never come. So lets pin our hopes on a very thin draft this year and hopefully we get our franchise player since we've been hoping for the exact same thing for the past N number of years, who knows, i already lost count!

I cant wait for that press conference.....

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it me, or has Colangelo's pressers been dripping with sarcasm lately?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Or, maybe not do the trade, and Colangelo does his end of season press conference....

Well, Eric, i would like to commend Jose Calderon for playing the best basketball of his 8 year career with the Raptors, and Ed Davis for showing significant improvement from the past season, and yet, we're here again, for the Nth time doing a presscon while the playoffs are about to start. Since we are pinning our hopes again on Calderon, Lowry, who is our best player talent wise, has not agreed to a contract extension like what Bosh did when he was here. So no playoffs, possibly no Lowry and we are back to being a lottery team again. Oh but hey, we have $10 mil additional cap space to work with! Lets see who we can get out there to play for Toronto! Like every year, we keep looking and looking for the big FA to sign but for some reason, they never come. So lets pin our hopes on a very thin draft this year and hopefully we get our franchise player since we've been hoping for the exact same thing for the past N number of years, who knows, i already lost count!

I cant wait for that press conference.....

lol this feels like a rap battle

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only press conference I want to see is with Bryan being asked to resign his position as GM and President of the Raptors.

They can create a reality show around it.. have cameras following both Bryan and MLSE around. Would be highly entertaining.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

In engagement of 3rd teams for possible Rudy Gay-to-Toronto deal, Raptors struggling to find landing spot for Jose Calderon, sources tell Y!
    This is how much value Calderon has.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay recently posted this on Twitter

"Gotta be kidding me Im DUE"
    In reference to not being in the Allstar game yet again, If he comes to Raptorland he should be a candidate here in the East, in Toronto he will obviously start and take the team as his own right away so it could be his shot come 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    The only press conference I want to see is with Bryan being asked to resign his position as GM and President of the Raptors.

They can create a reality show around it.. have cameras following both Bryan and MLSE around. Would be highly entertaining.
    hahaha winner!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Is it me, or has Colangelo's pressers been dripping with sarcasm lately?
    Overflowing!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, so if a trade of Calderon and Davis for Gay and Arthur happens, where do we get a back up point guard from? Is the best option to expand the deal a bit, try to get Wroten from Memphis, or is a third team where we are going to get the backup pg from?

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information