Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

One more thing on Gay-Raptors: Two teams have been discussing trade for a month and still haven't reached an agreement. No deal is imminent.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm down with Gay on 2 conditions:

1) Lowry/TR/JV remains
    2) DeRozan and Bargnani are moved - I'd rather pay Gay $18M for 2 years than Bargnani/DeRozan for 2/4 years.

To be honest I am not overly enthused by this deal or the rumours. Just talking about what the Twitterverse gives us.
    Here is a scary thought - one of the players involved in this deal (Ed) was supposed to be the guy who had taken over Bargnani's starting role.

Now, unless one believe Casey would give Acy/Arthur (assuming he is involved ofcourse) greater or significant burn or that he'd play Amir at PF (despite being almost exclusively C - except during Bargnani's injuries last year - for the past two years) that suddenly means someone.... cough.... would be getting the minutes.

In the back of my mind I hear "come hell or high water". In the front of my mind I realize how little Bargnani trade talk has taken place recently. How little value he seems to have around the league. Then I recall Colangelo calling Bargnani an 'asset' after the 2010/11 season only to see him cemented into the center peice. Then I look at a trade for Gay and see another step of 'accelerated rebuilding'.

Oh how I'm not convinced Bargnani is going anywhere, and this deal may further entrench his position here.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If it aint broke dont fix it which is a tried and true formula. Memphis is playing great ball If you were GM would you trade Gay? ask yourselves that question.

Memphis is suddenly taking calls abain because of the need of another PG with Mike Conley having ankle and knee issues and Bayless being streaky Bayless.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Crisis averted:

When Woj is reporting, shit is real in my opinion.
    Thats what I figured when i read Woj's stuff. The Raps had no takers for Calderon because no one had any incentive to get involved in the deal other than just paying Calderon as a rental for the year. Now a playoff team that could go somewhere this year + had cap space, sure. But does that team exist? lol Memphis I guess.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Fair enough. I would rather not pay any of them but I guess I would rather pay Rudy Gay than Derozan/Bargs, too.

I advocated considering a blockbuster this summer, along with trying to sign Nash, as an alternative to a full-on rebuild but I just can't get behind any half-ass plans like this one. To me, if you really want to win now, you have to do something similar to what Boston, Miami, the Knicks, Brooklyn have done recently. You can't just add Rudy Gay and hope for the best, which is what this feels like to me.
    But aren't you assuming that Gay can't contribute for many years to come?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of