Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 751

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

  1. #261
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I made my point, I want to buy low, you guys want to prop up Gay for Memphis, whatever, I am not down with the deal as I read it in the news.

  2. #262
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't compare two basketball induced concussions as cause for minor concern but you can use your experience falling out of a bunk as an example of why a concussion is serious?

    Ok. Makes total sense.

    His play and contract are issues. Not a freak shoulder injury and a one time concussion.
    Huh?


    I will state it again, Concussions are serious in pro athletes. A 2nd documented one at this point will send his value tumbling in the future. Why should this not be a consideration?

    EDIT: I think I understand your point, now. LOGIC states that if one person has no problems with concussions, and another does. That doesn't mean they cancel out, the valid logical conclusion is: "Concussions can sometimes be serious."
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

  3. #263
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Huh?


    I will state it again, Concussions are serious in pro athletes. A 2nd documented one at this point will send his value tumbling in the future. Why should this not be a consideration?

    EDIT: I think I understand your point, now. LOGIC states that if one person has no problems with concussions, and another does. That doesn't mean they cancel out, the valid logical conclusion is: "Concussions can sometimes be serious."
    The bottom line is that I trust the Raptors medical staff. Regardless of the player, if they pass the tests with a clean bill of health, I don't worry about past injuries. Most players in the league have some sort of injury history and every single player can easily have their value/career derailed with a single injury at anytime. The logic you're applying to Gay can be applied to every player, so therefore the concern is negated with medical clearance.

  4. #264
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Raptors medical staff was okay with Jamaine O'Neal, Hakeem, and TJ Ford. I think an entire injury history should always be considered when making a trade.


    Especially for a player that will eat up this much salary. (this is primary fodder for negotiations, I am starting to think you guys are trying to help Memphis)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

  5. #265
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Its not our medical staff. Its just plain old bad luck. We Have an amazing medical staff but we have terrible luck.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  6. #266
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    The Raptors medical staff was okay with Jamaine O'Neal, Hakeem, and TJ Ford. I think an entire injury history should always be considered when making a trade.
    Exactly. I haven't heard any whispers or rumors of Gay's past concussion being cause for any health and/or performance related concerns, so I'm not entirely sure why you're getting so worked up about it.

    It would be like me pushing for Lowry to be traded because his multiple ankle injuries are cause for long-term mobility concerns... it's true, but it's such a non-factor that it doesn't really need to enter the discussion at this point in time.

  7. #267
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Because I am a Raptor fan 1st, and I care about getting the best deal for my team.



    Besides, I don't like Gay this year, and don't want to sell myself false hope.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

  8. #268
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Its not our medical staff. Its just plain old bad luck. We Have an amazing medical staff but we have terrible luck.
    Luck is entirely dependent on the predicament you put yourself in, and even more the reason to scrutinize assets that come in to this rebuild.

  9. #269
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Luck is entirely dependent on the predicament you put yourself in, and even more the reason to scrutinize assets that come in to this rebuild.
    That's a little unfair. I would categorize the injuries sustained by both Bargnani and Valanciunas to be nothing but bad luck. Kleiza's would be fair to categorize as a little more chronic, as would Calderon's history of hamstring injuries.

    I agree that some injury trends can be predicted, to a point, but other injuries are nothing but freak accidents that are due to nothing more than the luck of the basketball gods.

    Again, regardless of the player, as long as the Raptors medical staff does their due dilligence, I am satisifed. Anything more than that and you might as well consult a psychic!

  10. #270
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not in support of this trade as it is listed. Reeks of a GM trying to save his job.

  11. #271
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Because I am a Raptor fan 1st, and I care about getting the best deal for my team.



    Besides, I don't like Gay this year, and don't want to sell myself false hope.
    false hope=raptors since '06

    it's why I don't feel compelled to watch the games anymore.

    we should get gay, b/c I couldn't care less about waiting for a better oppurtunity to arise.
    Last edited by akashsingh; Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 07:06 PM.

  12. #272
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

  13. #273
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  14. #274
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,787
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    You are taking away financial flexibility and the ability to improve.

    My understanding is Memphis is not capable of being a luxury tax team so they are looking to get improve overall depth by sharing Gay's contract over multiple players.

    Right now they are what they are and they have little opportunity to change or get better with 4 big contracts of Conley, Gay, Z-Bo, and Gasol. Not to mention Allen is a free agent and many reports cite him as the heart of the team.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  15. #275
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hahaha Tucas. Sounds like the "What About Derozan" guy

  16. #276
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ross for Gay

    According to a source, (Realgm), that the Grizzlies are apparently interested in our rookie Terrence Ross but Colangelo stated clearly that he's untouchable. I personally think Ross should be dealt while he's on the rise while we keep Ed Davis and find another team for Calderon. I like the lineups of

    Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Davis
    Val

    as opposed to

    Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Bargs
    Val

    Then we can try to move Bargs + Lowry for an elite PG in Rondo or Jennings and a backup SG. In this league, it's easy to find a backup SG but a well established PF (who took three years to get his act going) in Ed Davis is rare in NBA these days. We will have to loose a pick though and let's hope it's the 2014 pick.

  17. #277
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    euhh no id keep ross he is better than derozan and if he had starter minutes he would be in rookie on the year talk

    i wanna ad if the wanted derozan id do it

  18. #278
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross is a keeper!!! id trade Demar first.. with Gay on our team wed have absolutly no need for demar!

  19. #279
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Ross is a keeper!!! id trade Demar first.. with Gay on our team wed have absolutly no need for demar!
    +1

  20. #280
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Ross is a keeper!!! id trade Demar first.. with Gay on our team wed have absolutly no need for demar!
    I agree with this. Ross is a keeper.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •