Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
    2013's best sports moment: Automated Hollinger saying Human Hollinger's trade w/ Toronto made Toronto 6 wins worse

LOL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else feel like the league needs to institute a policy that allows teams that fire their GM to request an undo on any trades said GM made the year before he left? Because I'm god damned furious that BC is going to set this team back another 3-4 years on his way out. And god help MLSE if they extend him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    Anyone else feel like the league needs to institute a policy that allows teams that fire their GM to request an undo on any trades said GM made the year before he left? Because I'm god damned furious that BC is going to set this team back another 3-4 years on his way out. And god help MLSE if they extend him.
    That he was given the green light to make this deal makes me think that his option will be picked up

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I wish this deal was the first sign of his firing, but I do think it's to save his job and it probably will....that's the sad part.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Devlin just said the Memphis/Toronto part of the deal is DONE, Memphis and Detroit, are not.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Side note here too: anyone else shocked that Memphis didn't insist on taking Alan Anderson to solidify it's wing rotation on the cheap?

Post Thanks / Like

We really don't know what they insisted on. Prince/Carter seem to be their targets in this deal, Davis is just a talent ballast, so that their fans don't freakout about the downgrade.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Side note here too: anyone else shocked that Memphis didn't insist on taking Alan Anderson to solidify it's wing rotation on the cheap?
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm guessing BC fought to keep him. I still expect him to be shipped out to a contender eventually anyway

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

so what happens with fields and Anderson now? who gets minutes? does Anderson get traded? DD?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are set on Prince/Carter, AA becomes redundant. They fill the position with experienced players in the short term, and Davis is the talent for the long term, or a chip, for a future deal at his position.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Anderson will get traded, with his cheap contract he's way too valuable to a contender NOT to trade him. Then again if BC feels like the playoffs are in reach, he'll probably keep him and later resign him for 4 years and 32 million or so.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Anderson will get traded, with his cheap contract he's way too valuable to a contender NOT to trade him. Then again if BC feels like the playoffs are in reach, he'll probably keep him and later resign him for 4 years and 32 million or so.
    Heck no. Why trade your most reliable scorer off the bench? And a decent defender at that.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Heck no. Why trade your most reliable scorer off the bench? And a decent defender at that.
    Bit of a logjam, don't ya think? nobody wants ross planted on the bench

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross will need to earn his minutes now.

Disappointed to see Calderon and Davis go.

bluecollar rap all the way

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Gay automatically get a starting nod over Fields? With Casey you never know considering Lowry had to take a back seat to Jose when he came back from his injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough to see Jose and Ed dissapointed..

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They never have played together. I guess you're going to have to change your name too huh? Listen, it's a lot of money coming our way. The silver lining you ask? Well, the new CBA is very punitive to luxury tax teams. This move just all but guarantees the departure of Bargnani and maybe even Demar.
    Their games are too similar. They are both average defenders, they are both good at mid range jumpers, they are both good at getting to the basket and both fail to make 3s.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    ...Disappointed to see Calderon and Davis go...
    Davis surprised me this year and I have been a big Jose supporter since he first got here, but someone already said it. Sell high. Jose's value would never have been higher. There is every chance for him to be back here in the summer if he wants to be. He just has to tell his agent to contact Colangelo. It is hard to say how good Davis will ever be. He was pretty good. But I have a funny feeling that he has near topped out. A good, sturdy rotation guy. But not someone who is going to get you very far.

The point has also been made that the new CBA may make more opportunities as teams stare at luxury tax territory. If BC amnesties Kleiza or Bargs he will have some space to work.

I think JV has more upside than Davis. I think Davis would never have been far better than Amir. Quincy has shown he is good for spot up minutes.

Gotta move Bargs. Then I'm okay with the trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Because a) he's probably done enough to get himself a real contract at a high enough price that the Raps won't want to match for the 5th wing option and b) you could probably get a late first round pick from the right playoff contender for him.

Might as well in my opinion, but I'd agree that BC is probably thinking more short term than long term now and he'd probably want Anderson around for a playoff push.

But yeah, saddens me that Ross is probably going to get buried on the bench now until Anderson is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information