Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Huh? Where did you hear this?

As I am aware, we GAVE UP a second round pick along with the deal!
    Yeah I know. My mistake.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bringing in Rudy with Demar and Andrea still on the roster might hurt our immediate cap flexibility. But it doesn't really affect our long term plans. We can still re-sign Ross and Val to big contracts when their rookie contracts run out.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

BC messed up good with Landry fields though.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Landry can turn out very nice for us. I see solid defensive potential, and glue-guy ability.. he seems to make some dumb plays sometimes, but wait for him to mature and he will be a useful player for us off the bench!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian Karma

Welcome to your.....2007 Memphis Grizzlies!!!! Memphis thought they could steal Vancouver's team, so now we've stolen it right back. As a side note, have we now cornered the market on the top ten of one of the worst drafts in recent memory? Bring back P.O.B.!!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it goes without saying that we could have used this tonight

Rudy's last basket as a Grizz

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bryan Colangelo celebrating the Rudy Gay trade with a Toronto Raptor fan

Raptors Republic Rookie Theshwa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps lost a good character guy and two guys that loved Toronto. But bring on Gay!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We're gonna miss you Eddy. I love you man!

Raptors Republic Rookie Theshwa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps pouring their hearts out on twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A salute to the boys!

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great timing BC!

The best thing about this trade is that the timing. If Raptors had any hopes of making a run at that last playoff seed, this had to happen now. A lot of home games in February. I think we only have 4 road games all month. That a lot home games, so that means a lot of practise time! A lot of time to get Rudy acclimated and up to speed. Kudos BC.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see my 2 favorite raptors this year traded. Jose outplaying his replacement for the umpteenth time, how can anyone hate that guy. I really disliked Ed Davis' game last year. Guy had basketball repellant hands. The work he put in over the summer really paid off. Rarely over the last 17 years have I seen a Raptor player improve like that. That is why I was rooting for him. Didn't seem like the same player at all. Sure he had some other deficiencies like defense but that would have came eventually with Casey and less front court injuries. I would have liked to see if he could keep it rolling. The comments on the broadcast with a graphic showing his numbers increasing every month and Matt Devlin saying you would not get anything more out of him was disingenuous at best.

But they are gone so whatever. It will be fun to watch this either implode or explode and more trades better be on the way or this trade makes no sense cause our front court is kinda thin w/wo AB.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, this feeling is real!

Remember when we all had trade threads dedicated to Rudy Gay? How many fans wanted him so badly, but many also calling us idiots and called it a 'pipe dream?'

Remember when people were giving up guys like Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, and the 8th pick (Now Terrence Ross) to get a guy like that?

Well, we traded Jose & Ed (I'm very saddened they are gone, but there's a thread dedicated for those 2) to acquire Rudy Gay.

Ever since the trade was made official, and every time I've said something like "we have Rudy Gay", I find myself smiling like a damn idiot, or even jumping up and down cause we've got a guy that we haven't had, quite frankly since the departure of Chris Bosh.

Anyone feel the same way? Anyone a little less star-struck? Some more than I? Some who don't give a shit?

Post Thanks / Like

"Hey, sometimes, when it comes down to those situations, a guy like Rudy Gay, can get you that call" - Matt Devlin, after Jack Armstrong was furious and went off about Casey possibly getting fined for being right.

There goes the girly, idiotic, jumpy smile again...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Remember when we all had trade threads dedicated to Rudy Gay? How many fans wanted him so badly, but many also calling us idiots and called it a 'pipe dream?'

Remember when people were giving up guys like Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, and the 8th pick (Now Terrence Ross) to get a guy like that?

Well, we traded Jose & Ed (I'm very saddened they are gone, but there's a thread dedicated for those 2) to acquire Rudy Gay.

Ever since the trade was made official, and every time I've said something like "we have Rudy Gay", I find myself smiling like a damn idiot, or even jumping up and down cause we've got a guy that we haven't had, quite frankly since the departure of Chris Bosh.

Anyone feel the same way? Anyone a little less star-struck? Some more than I? Some who don't give a shit?
    Seeing two starters go having better (much) seasons making significantly less money for years to come, yeah, I'm not star struck, by a non-star, cuz he's paid like one and has the "tools". Sonny Weems is a good athlete for f sakes, Calderon and Ed are smart, efficient players who were big parts of, and believers in this program and city. Kyle and Rudy might be great on the playground, but this team just got worse, while Detroit got better. Gay does nothing Derozan can't do, maybe slightly better, for almost twice the $. This trade sucks, regardless that we had no flexibilty before it, I'll keep Davis over Gay all day, and to throw out a guy who bleeds T.O. in the process, why? Calderon will play 5 more yeras in the league, book it, while Davis will have a better PER than Gay every year they play (already happening for both btw).

Post Thanks / Like

"Hey, sometimes, when it comes down to those situations, a guy like Rudy Gay, can get you that call" - Matt Devlin, after Jack Armstrong was furious and went off about Casey possibly getting fined for being right.

There goes the girly, idiotic, jumpy smile again...
    Derozan gets to the lin 5-6 sots a game. Gay, Never more than 4 for his career.....idiotic, yup. Why isn't Devlin a political spokesperson, btw?

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not star struck and I have no idea why anyone would be. Super disappointed in the trade. What exactly is Gay going to offer besides being the new face of the team? Not good at 3's. Not good at D. Takes a lot of shit shots and still doesn't even have a good FG%. Not good at getting to the line. WAY too expensive. Another hype player that has fallen below expectations and statistically not even much better than Bargs. Its like he hit his peak in 2008 season and has been in a slow decline ever since.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 03:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ball Don't Lie-

Think of this deal for Toronto in terms that exclude specifics. The franchise had a competent point guard with a massive expiring contract and a very talented 23-year-old center who is working on a rookie deal paying him less than half of the NBA’s average salary. They turned those assets into Gay, who they’ll pay more than $37 million to over the next two years. Missteps don’t come much more obvious than this.

Post Thanks / Like

not to nitpick. But, i believe you mean "surreal" the feeling is surreal...referring to the title ofcourse
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jamesk wrote: View Post
    Ball Don't Lie-

The franchise had a competent point guard with a massive expiring contract
    And what were we going to use that money on? Have we ever been able to sign a player of Rudy's ability in free agency. Sad to say, but we just don't have that draw, we have to over pay guys like Landry to come here. Extra cash doesn't help us. As for Ed, yes he was serviceable, but I don't think he is a player of Gay's caliber.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information