Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 751

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

  1. #661
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Huh? Where did you hear this?

    As I am aware, we GAVE UP a second round pick along with the deal!
    Yeah I know. My mistake.

  2. #662
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bringing in Rudy with Demar and Andrea still on the roster might hurt our immediate cap flexibility. But it doesn't really affect our long term plans. We can still re-sign Ross and Val to big contracts when their rookie contracts run out.

    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

    BC messed up good with Landry fields though.

  3. #663
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Landry can turn out very nice for us. I see solid defensive potential, and glue-guy ability.. he seems to make some dumb plays sometimes, but wait for him to mature and he will be a useful player for us off the bench!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  4. #664
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Canadian Karma

    Welcome to your.....2007 Memphis Grizzlies!!!! Memphis thought they could steal Vancouver's team, so now we've stolen it right back. As a side note, have we now cornered the market on the top ten of one of the worst drafts in recent memory? Bring back P.O.B.!!!

  5. #665
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I guess it goes without saying that we could have used this tonight



    Rudy's last basket as a Grizz

  6. #666
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bryan Colangelo celebrating the Rudy Gay trade with a Toronto Raptor fan


  7. #667
    Raptors Republic Rookie Theshwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raps lost a good character guy and two guys that loved Toronto. But bring on Gay!




  8. #668
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We're gonna miss you Eddy. I love you man!

  9. #669
    Raptors Republic Rookie Theshwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    Raps pouring their hearts out on twitter.

  10. #670
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    A salute to the boys!

  11. #671
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Great timing BC!

    The best thing about this trade is that the timing. If Raptors had any hopes of making a run at that last playoff seed, this had to happen now. A lot of home games in February. I think we only have 4 road games all month. That a lot home games, so that means a lot of practise time! A lot of time to get Rudy acclimated and up to speed. Kudos BC.

  12. #672
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sad to see my 2 favorite raptors this year traded. Jose outplaying his replacement for the umpteenth time, how can anyone hate that guy. I really disliked Ed Davis' game last year. Guy had basketball repellant hands. The work he put in over the summer really paid off. Rarely over the last 17 years have I seen a Raptor player improve like that. That is why I was rooting for him. Didn't seem like the same player at all. Sure he had some other deficiencies like defense but that would have came eventually with Casey and less front court injuries. I would have liked to see if he could keep it rolling. The comments on the broadcast with a graphic showing his numbers increasing every month and Matt Devlin saying you would not get anything more out of him was disingenuous at best.

    But they are gone so whatever. It will be fun to watch this either implode or explode and more trades better be on the way or this trade makes no sense cause our front court is kinda thin w/wo AB.

  13. #673
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Wow, this feeling is real!

    Remember when we all had trade threads dedicated to Rudy Gay? How many fans wanted him so badly, but many also calling us idiots and called it a 'pipe dream?'

    Remember when people were giving up guys like Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, and the 8th pick (Now Terrence Ross) to get a guy like that?

    Well, we traded Jose & Ed (I'm very saddened they are gone, but there's a thread dedicated for those 2) to acquire Rudy Gay.

    Ever since the trade was made official, and every time I've said something like "we have Rudy Gay", I find myself smiling like a damn idiot, or even jumping up and down cause we've got a guy that we haven't had, quite frankly since the departure of Chris Bosh.

    Anyone feel the same way? Anyone a little less star-struck? Some more than I? Some who don't give a shit?

  14. #674
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Hey, sometimes, when it comes down to those situations, a guy like Rudy Gay, can get you that call" - Matt Devlin, after Jack Armstrong was furious and went off about Casey possibly getting fined for being right.

    There goes the girly, idiotic, jumpy smile again...

  15. #675
    Raptors Republic Rookie jamesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Remember when we all had trade threads dedicated to Rudy Gay? How many fans wanted him so badly, but many also calling us idiots and called it a 'pipe dream?'

    Remember when people were giving up guys like Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, and the 8th pick (Now Terrence Ross) to get a guy like that?

    Well, we traded Jose & Ed (I'm very saddened they are gone, but there's a thread dedicated for those 2) to acquire Rudy Gay.

    Ever since the trade was made official, and every time I've said something like "we have Rudy Gay", I find myself smiling like a damn idiot, or even jumping up and down cause we've got a guy that we haven't had, quite frankly since the departure of Chris Bosh.

    Anyone feel the same way? Anyone a little less star-struck? Some more than I? Some who don't give a shit?
    Seeing two starters go having better (much) seasons making significantly less money for years to come, yeah, I'm not star struck, by a non-star, cuz he's paid like one and has the "tools". Sonny Weems is a good athlete for f sakes, Calderon and Ed are smart, efficient players who were big parts of, and believers in this program and city. Kyle and Rudy might be great on the playground, but this team just got worse, while Detroit got better. Gay does nothing Derozan can't do, maybe slightly better, for almost twice the $. This trade sucks, regardless that we had no flexibilty before it, I'll keep Davis over Gay all day, and to throw out a guy who bleeds T.O. in the process, why? Calderon will play 5 more yeras in the league, book it, while Davis will have a better PER than Gay every year they play (already happening for both btw).

  16. #676
    Raptors Republic Rookie jamesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    "Hey, sometimes, when it comes down to those situations, a guy like Rudy Gay, can get you that call" - Matt Devlin, after Jack Armstrong was furious and went off about Casey possibly getting fined for being right.

    There goes the girly, idiotic, jumpy smile again...
    Derozan gets to the lin 5-6 sots a game. Gay, Never more than 4 for his career.....idiotic, yup. Why isn't Devlin a political spokesperson, btw?

  17. #677
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Definitely not star struck and I have no idea why anyone would be. Super disappointed in the trade. What exactly is Gay going to offer besides being the new face of the team? Not good at 3's. Not good at D. Takes a lot of shit shots and still doesn't even have a good FG%. Not good at getting to the line. WAY too expensive. Another hype player that has fallen below expectations and statistically not even much better than Bargs. Its like he hit his peak in 2008 season and has been in a slow decline ever since.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 03:17 AM.

  18. #678
    Raptors Republic Rookie jamesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ball Don't Lie-

    Think of this deal for Toronto in terms that exclude specifics. The franchise had a competent point guard with a massive expiring contract and a very talented 23-year-old center who is working on a rookie deal paying him less than half of the NBA’s average salary. They turned those assets into Gay, who they’ll pay more than $37 million to over the next two years. Missteps don’t come much more obvious than this.

  19. #679
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Remember when we all had trade threads dedicated to Rudy Gay? How many fans wanted him so badly, but many also calling us idiots and called it a 'pipe dream?'

    Remember when people were giving up guys like Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, and the 8th pick (Now Terrence Ross) to get a guy like that?

    Well, we traded Jose & Ed (I'm very saddened they are gone, but there's a thread dedicated for those 2) to acquire Rudy Gay.

    Ever since the trade was made official, and every time I've said something like "we have Rudy Gay", I find myself smiling like a damn idiot, or even jumping up and down cause we've got a guy that we haven't had, quite frankly since the departure of Chris Bosh.

    Anyone feel the same way? Anyone a little less star-struck? Some more than I? Some who don't give a shit?
    not to nitpick. But, i believe you mean "surreal" the feeling is surreal...referring to the title ofcourse
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  20. #680
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jamesk wrote: View Post
    Ball Don't Lie-

    The franchise had a competent point guard with a massive expiring contract
    And what were we going to use that money on? Have we ever been able to sign a player of Rudy's ability in free agency. Sad to say, but we just don't have that draw, we have to over pay guys like Landry to come here. Extra cash doesn't help us. As for Ed, yes he was serviceable, but I don't think he is a player of Gay's caliber.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •