• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    My work here is done:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2nddwe

Milwaukee: DeRozan
    Utah: Calderon
    Memphis: Dunleavy, Harris, Davis, Williams, Lamb, 1st from Utah, 2nd from Toronto
    Toronto: Gay, Arthur

Hollinger's analysis just gave the Grizz 5 more wins.
    who comes off the bench? demar or ellis?

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      who comes off the bench? demar or ellis?
      DeMar starts at SF for now.

Ilysova starting PF with Sanders at C.

Comment

My work here is done:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2nddwe

Utah: Calderon
        Memphis: Dunleavy, Harris, Davis, Williams, Lamb, 1st from Utah, 2nd from Toronto
        Toronto: Gay, Arthur

Hollinger's analysis just gave the Grizz 5 more wins.
        Best shit I've seen ALL NIGHT. I've always wanted to have DD out of our payroll as well. He gets to partner up with his buddy in Jennings. Don't know what to do with Monta though. Oh well, who cares!
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I think that the upshot of all of this speculation is this: Raptor fans desperately want to see SOMETHING done. I don't know if Gay is the right move for the future, but I'm damn sure that sitting tight with what we've got is only going to lead to several years of frustration and disappointing results. We need to either get good, or get really bad, and soon.

Comment

DeMar starts at SF for now.

Ilysova starting PF with Sanders at C.
            And then ship Bargs and Kleiza to LA for Gasol? What???
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              I was just about to type: "And then send out Bargs for a lottery pick."

Unfortunately my fingers and wrists cramped from the hysterical laughing causing it to look more like this: "anadkad adhkfdak;akdria aiadhriaa;dh ala h"

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                But in all seriousness, you are welcome

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxrcl7t

Toronto: Gay, Gasol
                Memphis: Kleiza, Dunleavy, Davis, Meeks, Harris, 2nd rd picks from Toronto
                LAL: Calderon, Bargnani, Arthur, Lamb

Comment

• I thought raps wanted Arthur?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    I thought raps wanted Arthur?
                    I'm just messing around on the Gasol inclusion.... just trying to make Balls happy.

First one with Jose to Utah though was a legit thought though.

Comment

But in all seriousness, you are welcome

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxrcl7t

Toronto: Gay, Gasol
                      Memphis: Kleiza, Dunleavy, Davis, Meeks, Harris, 2nd rd picks from Toronto
                      LAL: Calderon, Bargnani, Arthur, Lamb
                      35.5 Mill coming in? GOLD!!!!!!!! Off to the second round!!! Sorry Miami!!!

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...With_Grizzlies

this just in from real GM... Gay for Calderon and Ed Davis...
                        Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• First off, I gotta say, don't get your hopes up. Memphis didn't dump a ton of salary in their earlier deal just to turn around and ship Gay out weeks later. Their fans will riot.

Secondly, I really don't understand the interest in Rudy Gay. Are we forgetting that he's a slightly above average SF? That he coasts on D, doesn't shoot with any kind of consistency, doesn't create for others, and isn't a #1 option even though he's paid like it? Why do people like this guy so much? Literally all he does is use up a lot of possessions with bad iso-ball jumpers. Did you know that right now he and DeMar have about the same percentage of shots taken at the rim vs. jumpers, and that Gay draws fewer fouls? This year his eFG% on those jumpers is .318.

.318!!!!

I get that talent is the problem, but Rudy Gay isn't the answer. In my opinion the Raps would be better off being patient and waiting for a REAL star to become available. Unfortunately Colangelo is the GM, so you can instead expect him to begin selling off the youth for mediocre vets the second he makes a deal for Gay.

Comment

• I cant believe im saying this, but if the Raps do get Gay, it probably wont be too bad having Bargnani stick around.

Reasons (yes, i can accept if anybody labels then delusional, hehehe)

Bargnani can stretch the defense, allowing Lowry, Gay, Demar, Ross to penetrate, or let JV work inside
                            Bargnani can provide solid, perimeter and 3-ball shooting, from kickouts from Lowry and Gay
                            Bargnani had his arguably overall best year with the Raps in 2009-10 when he was NOT the 1st scoring option, when he was interchangeably 2nd or 3rd option behind Bosh and Demar, averaging 17pts, 6rebs, 47%FGA, 37%3PT and 1.4blks.
                            And you know Lowry aint going to look for him on every possession, much like Calderon did so need not worry about putting up too many shots per game.

Of course, id still prefer him to be traded, but what im saying is incase there are no takers, having Gay (6 rebs) would ease the blow of having to deal with Bargnani on a night to night basis.

Comment

• I wonder if it could become a multi-team deal with Boston. Memphis could get some young prospects and 1st round pick(s) from Boston, with the Celtics getting a young PG like Lowry and/or Wroten/Bayless.

I also could see Utah getting involved instead of Boston, maybe with Lowry or DeRozan going to the Jazz.

So many possibilities, if Memphis is actually serious about trading Gay to Toronto.

Comment

• Wow I'm really starting to believe that this trade might happen. Gay would be an amazing addition to this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X