Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Huh? Where did you hear this?

As I am aware, we GAVE UP a second round pick along with the deal!
    Yeah I know. My mistake.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bringing in Rudy with Demar and Andrea still on the roster might hurt our immediate cap flexibility. But it doesn't really affect our long term plans. We can still re-sign Ross and Val to big contracts when their rookie contracts run out.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

BC messed up good with Landry fields though.

Comment

• I think Landry can turn out very nice for us. I see solid defensive potential, and glue-guy ability.. he seems to make some dumb plays sometimes, but wait for him to mature and he will be a useful player for us off the bench!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Canadian Karma

Welcome to your.....2007 Memphis Grizzlies!!!! Memphis thought they could steal Vancouver's team, so now we've stolen it right back. As a side note, have we now cornered the market on the top ten of one of the worst drafts in recent memory? Bring back P.O.B.!!!

Comment

• I guess it goes without saying that we could have used this tonight

Rudy's last basket as a Grizz

Comment

• Bryan Colangelo celebrating the Rudy Gay trade with a Toronto Raptor fan

Comment

• Raps lost a good character guy and two guys that loved Toronto. But bring on Gay!

Comment

• We're gonna miss you Eddy. I love you man!

Comment

• Raps pouring their hearts out on twitter.

Comment

• A salute to the boys!

Comment

• Great timing BC!

The best thing about this trade is that the timing. If Raptors had any hopes of making a run at that last playoff seed, this had to happen now. A lot of home games in February. I think we only have 4 road games all month. That a lot home games, so that means a lot of practise time! A lot of time to get Rudy acclimated and up to speed. Kudos BC.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Sad to see my 2 favorite raptors this year traded. Jose outplaying his replacement for the umpteenth time, how can anyone hate that guy. I really disliked Ed Davis' game last year. Guy had basketball repellant hands. The work he put in over the summer really paid off. Rarely over the last 17 years have I seen a Raptor player improve like that. That is why I was rooting for him. Didn't seem like the same player at all. Sure he had some other deficiencies like defense but that would have came eventually with Casey and less front court injuries. I would have liked to see if he could keep it rolling. The comments on the broadcast with a graphic showing his numbers increasing every month and Matt Devlin saying you would not get anything more out of him was disingenuous at best.

But they are gone so whatever. It will be fun to watch this either implode or explode and more trades better be on the way or this trade makes no sense cause our front court is kinda thin w/wo AB.

Comment

• Wow, this feeling is real!

Remember when we all had trade threads dedicated to Rudy Gay? How many fans wanted him so badly, but many also calling us idiots and called it a 'pipe dream?'

Remember when people were giving up guys like Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, and the 8th pick (Now Terrence Ross) to get a guy like that?

Well, we traded Jose & Ed (I'm very saddened they are gone, but there's a thread dedicated for those 2) to acquire Rudy Gay.

Ever since the trade was made official, and every time I've said something like "we have Rudy Gay", I find myself smiling like a damn idiot, or even jumping up and down cause we've got a guy that we haven't had, quite frankly since the departure of Chris Bosh.

Anyone feel the same way? Anyone a little less star-struck? Some more than I? Some who don't give a shit?
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• "Hey, sometimes, when it comes down to those situations, a guy like Rudy Gay, can get you that call" - Matt Devlin, after Jack Armstrong was furious and went off about Casey possibly getting fined for being right.

There goes the girly, idiotic, jumpy smile again...
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                Remember when we all had trade threads dedicated to Rudy Gay? How many fans wanted him so badly, but many also calling us idiots and called it a 'pipe dream?'

Remember when people were giving up guys like Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan, and the 8th pick (Now Terrence Ross) to get a guy like that?

Well, we traded Jose & Ed (I'm very saddened they are gone, but there's a thread dedicated for those 2) to acquire Rudy Gay.

Ever since the trade was made official, and every time I've said something like "we have Rudy Gay", I find myself smiling like a damn idiot, or even jumping up and down cause we've got a guy that we haven't had, quite frankly since the departure of Chris Bosh.

Anyone feel the same way? Anyone a little less star-struck? Some more than I? Some who don't give a shit?
                                Seeing two starters go having better (much) seasons making significantly less money for years to come, yeah, I'm not star struck, by a non-star, cuz he's paid like one and has the "tools". Sonny Weems is a good athlete for f sakes, Calderon and Ed are smart, efficient players who were big parts of, and believers in this program and city. Kyle and Rudy might be great on the playground, but this team just got worse, while Detroit got better. Gay does nothing Derozan can't do, maybe slightly better, for almost twice the $. This trade sucks, regardless that we had no flexibilty before it, I'll keep Davis over Gay all day, and to throw out a guy who bleeds T.O. in the process, why? Calderon will play 5 more yeras in the league, book it, while Davis will have a better PER than Gay every year they play (already happening for both btw).

Comment

Working...
                                X