No announcement yet.

Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Anderson will get traded, with his cheap contract he's way too valuable to a contender NOT to trade him. Then again if BC feels like the playoffs are in reach, he'll probably keep him and later resign him for 4 years and 32 million or so.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
      I think Anderson will get traded, with his cheap contract he's way too valuable to a contender NOT to trade him. Then again if BC feels like the playoffs are in reach, he'll probably keep him and later resign him for 4 years and 32 million or so.
      Heck no. Why trade your most reliable scorer off the bench? And a decent defender at that.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Heck no. Why trade your most reliable scorer off the bench? And a decent defender at that.
        Bit of a logjam, don't ya think? nobody wants ross planted on the bench

Comment

• Ross will need to earn his minutes now.

Disappointed to see Calderon and Davis go.

bluecollar rap all the way

Comment

• Will Gay automatically get a starting nod over Fields? With Casey you never know considering Lowry had to take a back seat to Jose when he came back from his injury.

Comment

• Tough to see Jose and Ed dissapointed..

Comment

They never have played together. I guess you're going to have to change your name too huh? Listen, it's a lot of money coming our way. The silver lining you ask? Well, the new CBA is very punitive to luxury tax teams. This move just all but guarantees the departure of Bargnani and maybe even Demar.
                Their games are too similar. They are both average defenders, they are both good at mid range jumpers, they are both good at getting to the basket and both fail to make 3s.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                  ...Disappointed to see Calderon and Davis go...
                  Davis surprised me this year and I have been a big Jose supporter since he first got here, but someone already said it. Sell high. Jose's value would never have been higher. There is every chance for him to be back here in the summer if he wants to be. He just has to tell his agent to contact Colangelo. It is hard to say how good Davis will ever be. He was pretty good. But I have a funny feeling that he has near topped out. A good, sturdy rotation guy. But not someone who is going to get you very far.

The point has also been made that the new CBA may make more opportunities as teams stare at luxury tax territory. If BC amnesties Kleiza or Bargs he will have some space to work.

I think JV has more upside than Davis. I think Davis would never have been far better than Amir. Quincy has shown he is good for spot up minutes.

Gotta move Bargs. Then I'm okay with the trade.

Comment

Because a) he's probably done enough to get himself a real contract at a high enough price that the Raps won't want to match for the 5th wing option and b) you could probably get a late first round pick from the right playoff contender for him.

Might as well in my opinion, but I'd agree that BC is probably thinking more short term than long term now and he'd probably want Anderson around for a playoff push.

But yeah, saddens me that Ross is probably going to get buried on the bench now until Anderson is gone.

Comment

• Comment

• I expect a lot of time with Rudy at the 4. And of course he'll start right away. DeRozan might get more minutes with the second unit.

Comment

• Picking Ross over Drummond and now trading Davis. lets hope Jonas is worth all this.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                            Because a) he's probably done enough to get himself a real contract at a high enough price that the Raps won't want to match for the 5th wing option and b) you could probably get a late first round pick from the right playoff contender for him.

Might as well in my opinion, but I'd agree that BC is probably thinking more short term than long term now and he'd probably want Anderson around for a playoff push.

But yeah, saddens me that Ross is probably going to get buried on the bench now until Anderson is gone.
                            If Bryan can get a first round pick for AA then that would be amazing. I doubt it will happen though. Bryan is too nice and will probably just waive him (like he did Carter/Butler last year) so that he can play for a contender.

Comment

• Steep price tag, but I'm on board. I'm going to miss the hell out of Davis and I can't really say anything bad about Calderon, he's been a great competitor and teammate on this team for years. I hope they both have great success.

All that said, the team just got a solid shot of talent, a go-to wing scorer and cleared up any PG controversy there might be.

It's hilarious to me that Jose is the guy of all players to ever play here who ends up netting us one of the most talented players to be a soon-raptor.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I can finally post this:

Comment

Working...
                                X