Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    so who's buying a "gay" jersey?? any takers?
    Picturing innappropriate fan backlash now: "Fans burn Gay merchandise in pulbic protest"

Comment

• Whoa ESPN just said the trade officially happened!

Comment

• Sources confirm Gay deal in principle

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...oronto-raptors

The end is near.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

• Its out of the bag, its done.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
            Whoa ESPN just said the trade officially happened!
            Yup, check a page or two back... done deal, just waiting for Memphis to decide on their other dance partner.

Comment

• Rudy Gay: A Toronto Raptor

Hamed Haddadi & Rudy Gay for Jose Calderon & Ed Davis.

I'm said that Calderon and Davis had to go, but I'm extremely happy we have a serious elite talented player on this team.

Bittersweet moment if ya'll ask me!
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I for one welcome the new Gay era.

Things to remember:

1. By the time Ross is a free agent Gay will be gone.

2. The Raps don't have a lottery pick. And even if they did it wouldn't be top three pick cause they're not that bad. So might as well get a first round exit.

3. Just b/c they're making a trade for Gay, doesn't mean Bargs isn't going to get traded later in the year. It's tough to trade the guy b/c he's been injured..

4. Ed Davis is good but he's not that good IMO. Too skinny and not a lot of skill. .

The Raps are stuck in a bad place right now. The only way to get Wiggins or some top pick is to blow it up again. And this fragile hockey fan base can't take another three years of rebuilding. I know I can't. .
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I told my wife I definitely am..... and I mean it.
                  Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                  I will! (honest)

i bet he will get a lot more jersey sales, especially since Toronto is so multicultural
                  Gay will be shocked he sold 2.. he is gonna love it here!!!! :P

Comment

• Also, espn stories don't mean squat in terms of finalized details....it could be right, but I'd wait for the nba.com release.

Comment

• If there is a city where Gay's jersey will sell, it will be Toronto. Think we are much more tolerant of these things. No one is going to bat an eye at the ACC anyway. Flag football on the other hand may not be such a good idea.

Comment

• Get it Done BC.

The reality is that Ed Davis is a very good role player at best, and that kind of player is easily obtainable, not to mention PF is our deepest position. Jose Calderon is an expiring contract that is probably leaving anyway. So we are trading someone with the ceiling of a role player and an expiring contract for someone who is a star in this league + plus we are hamstringing our financial flexibility going forward.

The purpose of financial flexibility is to get a player like Gay anyway, we are acquiring him while his value is the lowest and trading calderon and davis when their value is the highest, buy assets low and sell assets high is how you make money in any business. I like this deal, get it done.
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                            If there is a city where Gay's jersey will sell, it will be Toronto. Think we are much more tolerant of these things. No one is going to bat an eye at the ACC anyway. Flag football on the other hand may not be such a good idea.
                            yeah I agree

Comment

• If this deal goes down we upgraded our weakest position, by trading assets from our 2 deepest positions (PG, and PF) I can't see how this doesn't immediately make us a better team.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Yup, check a page or two back... done deal, just waiting for Memphis to decide on their other dance partner.

Oh aha, i guess i'm late. MAN AM I EXCITED!

Comment

Working...
                                X