Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig wrote: View Post
    Who else would have rather had Demar traded instead of Ed?
    Definitely me (The biggest Derozan homer of the Raptors Republic Forum).
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Sig wrote: View Post
      Who else would have rather had Demar traded instead of Ed?
      It depends what else DeRozan could fetch in another deal. I'll reserve judgement until all deals are in. There are several teams with extra bigs that need wings, so I actually think it could be a blessing in disguise that Memphis wanted Davis. Of course, now it's up to BC to use Bargnani & DeRozan as wisely as he used Calderon & Davis!

Comment

• is anyone watching the Memphis boards? im curious what they think of this

Comment

• Man 2 months ago Ed Davis was a no name, playing 18 minutes a game. We just flipped him for Rudy Gay ... talk about selling high, wow.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Agreed. I would love to re-sign Calderon and would welcome him back with open arms! Davis & 2nd round pick for Gay... who would have believed it to be possible?!

Bargnani and DeRozan are the next to go...
            I really do not see DeRozan going, at least this season.

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
              Man 2 months ago Ed Davis was a no name, playing 18 minutes a game. We just flipped him for Rudy Gay ... talk about selling high, wow.
              +1000000000
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

It depends what else DeRozan could fetch in another deal. I'll reserve judgement until all deals are in. There are several teams with extra bigs that need wings, so I actually think it could be a blessing in disguise that Memphis wanted Davis. Of course, now it's up to BC to use Bargnani & DeRozan as wisely as he used Calderon & Davis!
                I agree. Possibly a big reason why Derozan wasn't being included is because of his contract.

Comment

• The last time we see Jose? As currently seen from the Raptors website.

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    Man 2 months ago Ed Davis was a no name, playing 18 minutes a game. We just flipped him for Rudy Gay ... talk about selling high, wow.
                    fuuuuck yeah.. I wanted nothing to do with davis last year.. his work this summer really paid off

Comment

• I was on the Grizzlies forums for a bit, the general consensus is that its sickening for their fans. A lot of people hate this projected deal.

Comment

• David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Source says Grizzlies will complete three-team trade with Toronto by sending Jose Calderon to Detroit for Prince and a second round pick...
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• tony allen just tweeted "nawwwwwwwww b"

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                            I was on the Grizzlies forums for a bit, the general consensus is that its sickening for their fans. A lot of people hate this projected deal.
                            I bet they do, we love it though ;D
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I agree. As much as I don't want Gay, I can't envision a better deal to get him than this. Demar will be more useful in another deal. Memphis clearly wouldn't have wanted him back as he's too similar to Gay and his extension makes it unattractive financially. I think if Demar gets traded, I think it won't happen until after the season. There's no need to unless he's asked for in a package to get rid of Bargs, and you may as well see how he plays with Gay, even if they do seem like an odd fit.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                                I was on the Grizzlies forums for a bit, the general consensus is that its sickening for their fans. A lot of people hate this projected deal.
                                good its so nice to be on the other end of that for once
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X