Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...rudy-gay-chase

Stein is notoriously full of poop when it comes to Toronto. Grain of salt.
    Ed Davis is merely being showcased. Bargs just won't go away huh? Damn, Colangelo just won't give up his boy.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Ed Davis is merely being showcased. Bargs just won't go away huh? Damn, Colangelo just won't give up his boy.
      Maybe. But, honestly, I don't think so this time around...... or at least I hope to all that is sacred and pure.

I don't think BC/Raps have limited themselves to just one trade. Bargs could easily be put in another trade.

Comment

A combo of Jose/Davis doesn't make much sense to me from a Memphis point of view. From what I hear they would want a SF to replace Gay and/or shooters. Unless they are interested in AA/Fields or Pietrus there is really not much to offer. They are probably also looking at first round picks which Toronto can't offer.

I like that Bryan is throwing his hat in the ring, but if I was Memphis I would be looking elsewhere unless if Toronto can get a third team involved.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          A combo of Jose/Davis doesn't make much sense to me from a Memphis point of view. From what I hear they would want a SF to replace Gay and/or shooters. Unless they are interested in AA/Fields or Pietrus there is really not much to offer. They are probably also looking at first round picks which Toronto can't offer.

I like that Bryan is throwing his hat in the ring, but if I was Memphis I would be looking elsewhere unless if Toronto can get a third team involved.
          I think that is a given assuming Ross is not on the table.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I think that is a given assuming Ross is not on the table.
            if the raps seriously give ross and davis up in a rudy trade i will lose my fucking mind
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Jose, DeMar and Anderson for Gay and Selby(throw in).....
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                if the raps seriously give ross and davis up in a rudy trade i will lose my fucking mind
                I second that!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                  I second that!
                  I'll probably get killed for suggesting this, but I might be more inclined to give up DeRozan than Ross.

I think a Gay/Ross wing tandem works better than a Gay/DeRozan one.

Ross is already far more developed than DeMar was in his rookie year, and given Ross' athletic ability, there's no reason to think he can't improve his handles (and add some weight) in a couple years, and provide us with what DeRozan is providing now.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I'll probably get killed for suggesting this, but I might be more inclined to give up DeRozan than Ross.

Ross is already far more developed than DeMar was in his rookie year, and given Ross' athletic ability, there's no reason to think he can't improve his handles (and add some weight) in a couple years, and provide us with what DeRozan is providing now.
                    I would also like to proceed with this trade. Gay is a slasher like derozan, with similar efficiency. He brings more to the table defensively than derozan, is an adequate help defender at the SF, he'll also get a chance to play with uptempo players like ross and lowry instead of two plodding big men. Lowry's aggressiveness will create space so gay can do what he does best, attack the basket. Derozan isn't going to improve exponentially, and I'm tired of losing.

We can move anderson to SG until the youngin' ross is ready to start.

Comment

Not by me. I agree.

Comment

If I'm Memphis, I would demand DD or Ross in any trade with Toronto. If the Raps could only give up Calderon, and Bargs, + maybe draft picks for Gay, then I would be all in.

Comment

I dont see memphis doing a straight swap. As long as we don't give up any talent in the same trade it looks a very good one for the raps. Rudy plays the 3 and that is good enough for me.

If memphis are willing to do it then they must be hoping Demar continues to improve dramatically while Rudy has hit his ceiling. They dump some salary too. The concerning bit for raps is Rudy's injuries over the last three years. The way he is built I can see Demar having a solid and very long career.

Comment

Why would Memphis want DD? they're going to trade Gay to shed some salary so why would they take on DeMar's contract? doesn't make sense.

Anyway, the rumour on ESPN is Davis + Calderon + future picks for Gay. ABSOLUTE STEAL for Toronto if this happens.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Why would Memphis want DD? they're going to trade Gay to shed some salary so why would they take on DeMar's contract? doesn't make sense.

Anyway, the rumour on ESPN is Davis + Calderon + future picks for Gay. ABSOLUTE STEAL for Toronto if this happens.
                              Actually Memphis would be saving a lot still with DD. He is owed $9.5M a year.. where as Gay is owed about $17 just next season and it goes up the year after. That's about $8M a year savings and they get a nice young wing that can duplicate a lot of what Gay does. It's not a bad deal in my opinion.

As for the draft pick talk.. Toronto can only offer a 2nd rounder since the 1st rounder was sent to OKC via Houston. They cannot offer any future first round picks because of the way that Lowry draft pick was engineered. If Memphis insists on a 1st rounder than Toronto has to get one from a third team.

Comment

I read somewhere today that the Grizz may actually be interested in Calderon as a suitable backup to Conley. I know there is quite a bit of Bayless love around here but if you check his games thus far this season, he is not performing.

The key for Toronto to get Gay will be multiple teams entering the mix.

What a sweet wet dream it would be to have the Lakers and Minnesota enter the mix with Memphis and Toronto. Adding more stimulus to this wet dream, I did read somewhere today that the Wolves/Grizz were speaking about Gay but the Wolves are looking for a big man more than another wing and they have also made it clear Derrick Williams is not a part of the future (or present).

Well, looky here. What did Hollinger have to say about Williams this past summer:

John Hollinger John HollingerVerified ‏@johnhollinger

@kevinarnovitz but I'd s&t for Derrick Williams in a heartbeat

http://twitter.com/johnhollinger/sta...16113038917634

So what about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=by7vhlr

Lakers get stretch 4 and back up PG. By shedding $2M they actually save about $6M in salary and tax.

Memphis get under cap and shed salary with a SF (Williams), PF (Davis), backup PG (Ridnour), and versatile wing (Anderson) in return. Toronto, Minnesota can send picks to Memphis (Raps 2nd round picks, Wolves have Memphis 1st as it is so send it back).

Raptors get the infamous missing wing in Gay. Pekovic becomes starting C as JV is brought back after injury (he could be traded again, resigned this summer). Raps are thin at PF but Amir becomes new starter with a platoon of Fields, Kleiza, Acy doing back up (after January 15th Arthur and Speights can be traded too). Duhon gives a PG but his contract is only guaranteed for $1.5M next season (ie. cut him this summer).

Wolves want Gasol and get Jamison as the big 3 or stretch 4 for their efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X