Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I cannot even type the words that came out of my mouth on those instances. It is a piss off to say the least and I will leave it at that. It goes to show that DeRozan is not a smooth player and doesn't PLAY the game, he THINKS the game.
    Yup, I can't tell you how many times I've yelled, "DUNK IT!" at the TV watching DeRozan's weak attempts at finishing.

It's almost as frustrating as watching Bargnani's pump-fake-one-dribble-contested-pullup-22-footers over and over again.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure why Demar would be easier to trade next year than this year. His new contract doesn't start until next year at which point the team would be trying to trade a 9 mil contract as opposed to a 4 mil contract. (Demar also doesn't have a poison pill contract - that refers to low front end contracts that jump at the end of their term so that the 'average cost' of the contract makes it unaffordable for a team)

Matt52:

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately this is (apparently) not the deal on the table . Also....

I imagine a whole hell of a lot less. And I can only tell you I want to be so very wrong on this.
      The problem with trading DD now is he counts as $3.3 to the Raps going out but $8.3 for any team taking him (average of this year and each year of his extension). It makes it dicey with the CBA.

Calderon and ED are clearly not going to land you Gay. More teams will have to be involved.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        If we can keep Ed and still acquire rudy gay, then i'd jizz my pants. It not completely out of the question tho, if another team jumps in we could make it possible with Bargs, Caldy and Kleiza/Pietrus/AA.
        A start lineup of:

Lowry
        DeRozan
        Gay
        Eddy D
        Valanciunas

Now that is a beastly lineup.
        While I like each of those players in the starting line up we would have a tough time scoring points. Teams would constantly go zone with the lack of shooting and pack the paint taking away lanes on DD and Gay. Unless DD or Gay improved their shot they would have a tough time spreading the floor.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Craiger;181778]I'm not sure why Demar would be easier to trade next year than this year. His new contract doesn't start until next year at which point the team would be trying to trade a 9 mil contract as opposed to a 4 mil contract. (Demar also doesn't have a poison pill contract - that refers to low front end contracts that jump at the end of their term so that the 'average cost' of the contract makes it unaffordable for a team)

I was under the impression when a player is signed to an early extension they can't be traded for the current salary and the extension effects it some how. Poison pill was the wrong term but I don't think it is just his current salary that i factored in. Maybe I'm wong

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
            While I like each of those players in the starting line up we would have a tough time scoring points. Teams would constantly go zone with the lack of shooting and pack the paint taking away lanes on DD and Gay. Unless DD or Gay improved their shot they would have a tough time spreading the floor.
            Gay and lowry can both knock down the 3 pointer. And Valanciunas and Ed both have that 15 footer, i don't see it being a huge problem. Unlike Jose, Lowry actually penetrates when the opposing team goes zone.

Comment

The problem with trading DD now is he counts as $3.3 to the Raps going out but $8.3 for any team taking him (average of this year and each year of his extension). It makes it dicey with the CBA.
              Matt52 wrote: View Post

Calderon and ED are clearly not going to land you Gay. More teams will have to be involved.
              Thank you Matt. This is what I meant Craiger poison pill was in my head but it is for players line Lin and Asik I believe.

Comment

Gay and lowry can both knock down the 3 pointer. And Valanciunas and Ed both have that 15 footer, i don't see it being a huge problem. Unlike Jose, Lowry actually penetrates when the opposing team goes zone.
                Your right both Lowry and Gay can knock down 3's. Gay can knock them down but since his year he knocked down (39% which is awesome) he's been around 31% (shoulder injury perhaps). I think teams would take that risk and dare him to shoot rather then playing him tight much like DD. Lowry is better at penetration no doubt but with out at least another shooter out there the defense will just clog the paint eleminating that option. Ed and JV have range but not nearly enough. Not saying they won't be able to score at times but I can see some serious dry spells.

Comment

Thank you Matt. This is what I meant Craiger poison pill was in my head but it is for players line Lin and Asik I believe.
                  I see what you are getting at.

Comment

If we can keep Ed and still acquire rudy gay, then i'd jizz my pants. It not completely out of the question tho, if another team jumps in we could make it possible with Bargs, Caldy and Kleiza/Pietrus/AA.
                    A start lineup of:

Lowry
                    DeRozan
                    Gay
                    Eddy D
                    Valanciunas

Now that is a beastly lineup.
                    Hopefully BC can sell Amir hard to Memphis. Veteran, improving jumpshot, chemistry with Calderon, hustle all out player.

Comment

Kaboom.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                        Your right both Lowry and Gay can knock down 3's. Gay can knock them down but since his year he knocked down (39% which is awesome) he's been around 31% (shoulder injury perhaps). I think teams would take that risk and dare him to shoot rather then playing him tight much like DD. Lowry is better at penetration no doubt but with out at least another shooter out there the defense will just clog the paint eleminating that option. Ed and JV have range but not nearly enough. Not saying they won't be able to score at times but I can see some serious dry spells.
                        In the red corner, weighing 200 lbs, fighting out of Portland, Oregon, Terrence "Tdot" Ross!!!!!

Comment

If only it were possible for the Raptors to pull off these 2 trades!

TRADE 1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bacx9u3

* Utah would likely waive Collins & Barbosa
                          * Toronto would send 2 2nd round picks to Utah
                          * Utah would send a 1st round pick to Memphis
                          * Toronto would send a 2nd round pick to Boston
                          * Boston would send a 1st round pick to Toronto

TRADE 2: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=atq2plq

* Minnesota would send a 1st round pick to Lakers (Memphis' 2013 pick, which is already owed to Minny)
                          * Toronto would send a 1st round pick to Lakers (from Boston in Trade #1)

TORONTO LINEUP
                          C: Pekovic, Valanciunas, Gray
                          PF: Millsap, Johnson, Acy
                          SF: Gay, Williams, Anderson
                          SG: Fields, Ross, Pietrus
                          PG: Ridnour, Duhon, Lucas

Dreaming I know... but on the surface they actually make sense to me...
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• I think whats also making losing Ed easier to swallow is the sudden improvement of Amir.
                            Although Ed's putbacks and pump-fake dunks in traffic will be sorely, sorely missed.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              I think whats also making losing Ed easier to swallow is the sudden improvement of Amir.
                              Although Ed's putbacks and pump-fake dunks in traffic will be sorely, sorely missed.
                              And getting Arthur as well would be key. I just hope we do not trade him away only to see him really come into his own with someone like Z Bo in Memphis helping him out, and for us Raptor fans to be kicking our selves for letting him go in the future.

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
                                And getting Arthur as well would be key. I just hope we do not trade him away only to see him really come into his own with someone like Z Bo in Memphis helping him out, and for us Raptor fans to be kicking our selves for letting him go in the future.
                                Unless Randolph was suddenly hit by bus, Raps fans would have no reason to fear Davis blossoming in Memphis. He wouldn't get the opportunity to play 35 mpg in Memphis.

Comment

Working...
                                X