No announcement yet.

Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we could get him without giving up JV, DeMar and Ross then yeah i'm all for it. If one of those guys are involved then i say NO.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      You may very well be right.

I have said in the past, and still feel, there is a talent issue in Toronto. Gay is certainly a talented guy.

I don't like the idea of giving up DD or Ross - and to be honest, especially Ross given his skill set which compliments either DD or Gay.

Add in another team or two and who knows? But I still think Cleveland is most likely.

I completely agree with you Matt. If doing the deal means giving up DD, Ross, Lowry, Davis or Jonas, forget about it. At the start of the season, I think you were ok with trading Demar or Ross as part of that package, as was I. But seeing how they have both developed I want to hang onto both of them. Maybe included them in another package, but not for Gay. If we can include Kleiza or Fields preferably Kleiza that would be great. That would mean we push Anderson out of the picture which I would be fine with. I would love a rotation of Demar, Gay, Ross & Fields on our wings and hope for continued development from Jonas & Davis.

Comment

Interesting 3 way trade idea by Wolstat:

Gay, Bell, Watson to Tor. Millsap, Marvin to Mem + 2 seconds, Calderon, Bargnani to Jazz is cap compliant, but Jazz rather trade Al than PM
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Interesting 3 way trade idea by Wolstat:

Gay, Bell, Watson to Tor. Millsap, Marvin to Mem + 2 seconds, Calderon, Bargnani to Jazz is cap compliant, but Jazz rather trade Al than PM
          I recall reading Millsap interview talking about the desire to be a PF where ever he plays next season. That is not going to happen in Memphis and they already have Speights and Arthur as back ups. Then there is the issue of paying Millsap next season.

I think any deal that sends Gay to Toronto is going to be a huge, multi-team deal. Really only want to get it done.

Another interesting note is Lowry and Gay are still tight, I believe. Makes sense with the age, same team years ago, and relative proximity of home towns (Philly and Baltimore).

Comment

Imagine if we could get Gay w/out giving up the 3 players that i mentioned above. We could have a closing lineup of:

JV/Amir
            Gay
            DeRozan
            Ross
            Calderon/Lowry

Sick!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              Crazy, crazy, crazy. A winning streak for an otherwise talentless team and suddenly we don't want Rudy Gay anymore. This is where comments like "holy crap, we could have had Kobe for Vince!" are born.
              It's not the winning streak it's the development of the team. Derozan is 22 showing his best season yet and could potentially be an all star. Is he a Rudy gay talent? No. But Rudy gay is 4 years older. In 4 years will demar be better than Rudy gay is now? I would believe so. With Ross it's that the way he's been playing, you really don't want to trade one of the guys who's been playing the best basketball on your team. He's 21(?) and compliments demar so well. I could very well see him be a 6th man of the year candidate in the future and the way the raps are playing right now with him I wouldn't wanna give him up. Plus I feel Gay wouldn't compliment derozan the same way Ross does. Not saying I don't want Rudy gay. I just don't want to blow up our core wing players to get him. I'm pretty sure anyone can agree if the raps don't have to give up demar Ross or JV go for Rudy gay. But if they do, is he really worth it?
              We could end up being better without him in a few years if we don't blow up our core. Pass on the accelerated rebuild. Only way I want him now is if we give up either of the pg's and Bargnani +pieces.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Imagine if we could get Gay w/out giving up the 3 players that i mentioned above. We could have a closing lineup of:

JV/Amir
                Gay
                DeRozan
                Ross
                Calderon/Lowry

Sick!
                Well Jose would be on Utah, and we'd have Watson/Lowry/Lucas as our PGs. Would still make a great lineup though.

Can Gay play PF?

If we could get Gay and Millsap, now that would be awesome.

Comment

I have no problem with a Calderon and DeRozan for Gay deal:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7d2hht9

Fields can slide into the SG role with TR backing him up. This is perhaps the only way I can swallow Bargs staying put (only because I don't think he's easy to trade). Gay is an assassin and I can see Memphis going for this deal because of the money and the fact that Calderon (which they can flip) is an expiring contract. I'm into this personally (my opinions of course).

PS> This is also the type of trade BC would pull to save his job (I know it's a bad thing).
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Another interesting note is Lowry and Gay are still tight, I believe. Makes sense with the age, same team years ago, and relative proximity of home towns (Philly and Baltimore).
                    Funny you mention this as I was not aware they were friends before, however, since I was at the game today I noticed something. Not sure if any of you actually go to the games that often, but usuually they do a players "top 5" something or other. tonights was Lowrys top 5 favourite people he follows on twitter. Number 2 was Rudy Gay.

Comment

don't know what colangelo is going to do now that the consensus is rudy gay is no longer the one player we wish we could have gotten. hope he is reading the board so he knows before he makes the trade.

if gay were a real option i would be all over that in an instant. scoring/d/rebounds and assists from the 3
                      http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3005/rudy-gay
                      pretty good off year.

be our second best all around player immediately. depending on what is needed to send out***please let it only be cash*** because cleveland is landing him if memphis wants assets. we can't compete with their draft picks and hiesley seems like the kind of guy who would love some first round cheap talent.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=arnzxw5

Comment

I'm a huge Derozan homer, and his work ethic, and love for the game has proven, he's a keeper in this league. But, Rudy Gay is so talented, and only going to get better with time, and experience.

Derozan + Calderon + 2nd Round Picks for Gay? Maybe, but doesn't Derozan's contract kick in after this season?
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Just looking through Gay's career stats. If he can return to 2010-11 form (pre-shoulder injury), then sign me up for any trade that would include DeRozan.

Comment

Still yes to Rudy Gay.

I think a Calderon/Bargnani trade would be great, but if Memphis asks for Demar, i'll be fine with it.

Gay still embodies what the Raps have been lacking ever since VC left, scoring and clutch play. Imagine if they had Gay on those 5-6 close games that they lost? They probably wouldve won 4 or maybe even all of those games with Gay taking the last shot.

The reason why i'd let Demar go is because of the emergence of Ross. Ross pretty much resembles Demar's first years as Raptor, difference is, Ross has a 3 point shot. And so does Gay. Three point shooting will open the floor for Lowry to penetrate and the bigs to work inside. Imagine Lowry running the break with Ross and Gay on each side. Yikes.

Comment

It is amazing what you'll find on a Google search of "toronto raptors trade Rudy Gay":

4E Sports Staff

Toronto, ON, Canada (4E Sports) – The Toronto Raptors are reportedly trying to hammer out a deal that would help them land Memphis Grizzlies star forward Rudy Gay, a league source disclosed Thursday.

The Raptors, who are looking for some upgrades at the small forward position, could like come up with a package surrounding Jose Calderon for the versatile swingman.

According to the source, the deal may need other assets other than Calderon to make the deal materialize.

The Raptors are coming off a 105-96 loss at the hands of DeMarcus Cousins and the Sacramento Kings.

Cousins chalked up 31 points and 20 rebounds while John Salmons added 20 points to hand the Raptors only their second loss in 10 games.
                                Article © AHN – All Rights Reserved

http://gantdaily.com/2013/01/05/rapt...ith-grizzlies/
                                I don't know anything about GantDaily.com. Not sure if the league source is from Zach Lowe's Grantland piece from Friday as this was published at 5:16am on Saturday morning. This is on the site's national sports page at the bottom between "Mannny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez V eyed for September" and "Report: Cycling great Lance Armstrong to publicly admit doping."

If the trade did not include Ross, I think I'd be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X