Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 751

Thread: Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

  1. #101
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,298
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hate to say it, but I think Toronto can no longer afford to be in a rebuilding mode. Jose will be gone by end of this year. Either by a trade or through free agency. That leaves us with Lowry running the point with no clear successor to him on the roster. If Lowry isn't happy he'll just walk after next season, so we sort of have to start thinking about making a serious playoff push next season don't we? We can't afford to not make any moves and just wait for the young core to develop.

    With that in mind I think I would be willing to give up Jose, and ONE of Amir/Ed/Ross/DeMar as well as a future draft pick, for Rudy Gay, or Jose and ONE of Amir/Ed and ONE of DeMar/Ross and no draft pick.

  2. #102
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Doug Smith reported this morning that the asking price for Rudy Gay is too high and so it doesn't look like it will happen:

    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...y-beckons.html



    If Memphis wants Jose, Ross and JV for Gay then they can go F! themselves.
    +1
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  3. #103
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Doug Smith reported this morning that the asking price for Rudy Gay is too high and so it doesn't look like it will happen:

    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...y-beckons.html



    If Memphis wants Jose, Ross and JV for Gay then they can go F! themselves.
    Agreed. I'd giveup Calderon, DeRozan and Amir/Davis, but I wouldn't giveup Ross or Valanciunas.

  4. #104
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,441
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Grizz are reportedly asking for a young SF + a draft pick for Gay.

    So how about, DeRozan + future pick for Gay?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  5. #105
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Grizz are reportedly asking for a young SF + a draft pick for Gay.

    So how about, DeRozan + future pick for Gay?
    That wouldn't be a terrible deal. But I guess we can only offer a 2nd (unless we know we keep the 1st at a future date)

    No trading V or Ross. And I cannot believe I'm saying this about hands of stone Davis, but i would be reluctant to part with him now. Another summer, another bulk up program, he could have a pretty high ceiling. Good for him.

  6. #106
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Agreed. I'd giveup Calderon, DeRozan and Amir/Davis, but I wouldn't giveup Ross or Valanciunas.
    Agreed. Throw in a couple 2nd Rounders to sweeten the deal.

  7. #107
    Raptors Republic Starter AJ360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brrrrrrrrrrrie
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Agreed. I'd giveup Calderon, DeRozan and Amir/Davis, but I wouldn't giveup Ross or Valanciunas.
    Wait wait wait... You'd give up 3 players for Gay's albatross contract? Taking Rudy does Memphis a big favour. If we're taking him, its Calderon and 1 other player and personally I'd rather see Derozan go than either Amir or Ed.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jan 21st, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

  8. #108
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,610
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Wait wait wait... You'd give up 3 players for Gay's albatross contract? Taking Rudy does Memphis a big favour. If we're taking him, its Calderon and 1 other player and personally I'd rather see Derozan go than either Amir or Ed.
    I'd rather have Gay and his bad contract than DeRozan and his bad contract. Calderon is a backup PG on an expiring contract and Amir is a backup PF. I'd do that trade in a heartbeat!

    - Toronto would finally have a legit starting SF who could be the #1 scoring option
    - still have Ross & Fields at SG
    - still have Davis & Bargnani at PF
    - still have Lowry starting at PG
    - I would even try to sign Calderon back in the offseason (essentially becomes DeRozan & Amir for Gay)

  9. #109
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...aptors_liston/

    something interesting posted today comparing DeRozan and Gay.

  10. #110
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...aptors_liston/

    something interesting posted today comparing DeRozan and Gay.
    Part of this comparison is based on current production, which isn't unreasonable. But current production and usual production aren't always the same.

    I think an important question to ask is this year just an off year for Gay? Is it the new norm?

    I can't help but look at Demar's career to date vs Gay's career to date and see that - Demar is playing around his usual. Gay is underperforming from his usual.

    I don't think Gay is worth his contract (and think trading for him is the wrong approach for this team), but I'm not sure a complete comparison between Demar and Gay can yet be made. (I also believe his defense blows Demar out of the water)

    Just like positive outliers take place (say 13 games to start a season or something ) so can negative outliers.

  11. #111
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    well lets just end all speculation now

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...de-sources-say
    @jerboat

  12. #112
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    well lets just end all speculation now

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...de-sources-say
    It does go to show that you can get something good for next to nothing....all because they wanted under the TAX line.

  13. #113
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    well lets just end all speculation now

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...de-sources-say
    As a Cleveland fan, I like this trade.

    Jon Leuer barely played despite a depleted front court.

    I believe Marreese Speights to be the key piece from the Cavaliers' perspective. He will likely be the third big for the remainder of the season - he is better than Kevin Jones - and, if he plays well, we might be able to flip him for a second round pick or be able to afford trading Andy in the offseason if the right offer comes along.

    It is doubtful Wayne Ellington will see much court action considering Boobie is better and rarely plays anyway.

    Josh Shelby has yet to show he belongs in the NBA but may get an extended look as our (D-League) backup point guards have all sucked big time since Ramon Sessions was traded to the Lakers. I expect him to fail but we're not risking anything by giving him a chance to show his stuff.

    Second round picks I don't particularly care for except as trade fillers.

    It's only a minor trade but we're getting the "best" player (Speights), a 2nd round pick, and a young PG who may be more talented than the crap we have as backups.

  14. #114
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    As a Cleveland fan, I like this trade.

    Jon Leuer barely played despite a depleted front court.

    I believe Marreese Speights to be the key piece from the Cavaliers' perspective. He will likely be the third big for the remainder of the season - he is better than Kevin Jones - and, if he plays well, we might be able to flip him for a second round pick or be able to afford trading Andy in the offseason if the right offer comes along.

    It is doubtful Wayne Ellington will see much court action considering Boobie is better and rarely plays anyway.

    Josh Shelby has yet to show he belongs in the NBA but may get an extended look as our (D-League) backup point guards have all sucked big time since Ramon Sessions was traded to the Lakers. I expect him to fail but we're not risking anything by giving him a chance to show his stuff.

    Second round picks I don't particularly care for except as trade fillers.

    It's only a minor trade but we're getting the "best" player (Speights), a 2nd round pick, and a young PG who may be more talented than the crap we have as backups.
    Bonus, the pick was upgraded to Memphis' 2015 first rounder. I also think you're undervaluing Ellington. He was the primary backup wing in Memphis and is good for 20 minutes a night.

    Sucks as a raptor fan. Seems like this was Memphis' big move. I hate the cavs too so that's just salt in the wound.

  15. #115
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    shows how having cap space can be beneficial even beyond signing players
    @jerboat

  16. #116
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    where are you Matt? Is this a move we should have made? Worth it for the first round pick of a top tier team?

  17. #117
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    where are you Matt? Is this a move we should have made? Worth it for the first round pick of a top tier team?
    I posted earlier in the other gay thread. too many threads going on with same topics.

    raps could not have done trade. no cap space. but if they did have space, worth it I think.

    still hoping to take other teams shit for prospects and picks.... sadly it seems raps shir might stink just as much.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  18. #118
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    According to espn raptors are still after Rudy gay, despite the Cleveland trade. People are saying that the framework involves Jose and Ed Davis, for Gay and Arthur. I imagine a 3rd team would be involved.

  19. #119
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    According to espn raptors are still after Rudy gay, despite the Cleveland trade. People are saying that the framework involves Jose and Ed Davis, for Gay and Arthur. I imagine a 3rd team would be involved.
    Id take that gotta trade talent for talent.

  20. #120
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    According to espn raptors are still after Rudy gay, despite the Cleveland trade. People are saying that the framework involves Jose and Ed Davis, for Gay and Arthur. I imagine a 3rd team would be involved.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...zzlies-sources


    There is the link.

    Arthur is interesting.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •