Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan is starting to remind me of.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan is starting to remind me of.....

Latrell Sprewell.

It's really tough to compare DD to any past or present NBA player before. But watching him this year, i see a lot Latrell Sprewell.

Good mid range game, athletic, slasher, not a great 3pt shooter but is more than capable of hitting one if he's left wide open.

Sprewell i think is little bit better driving the ball/finishing but i think DeMar is a little bit more athletic.

Sprewell by the way was a heck of player in his prime when he was with the Warriors and Knicks. Multiple All-Star apperances, All NBA First team. Led the Knicks to an NBA Finals back in 1999.
    Mamba Mentality

I don't think derozan will ever be as good a defender as latrell sprewell. He also missed his chance to choke pj carlesimo so theres that......

Comment

I imagine demar as a worse defender/more efficient scorer/rebounder version of him, but I get the comparison.

Comment

Demar is less of a volume shooter than Sprewell was and seems way more there mentally. I also remember Sprewell being more of a slasher. I still like the Rip Hamilton Comparison, same kind of mid ranged game and similar sizes.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I actually really like the comparison. Obviously a way to go to get there .. but certainly the same ugly (but somewhat) effective shot. DD not quite the rim attacker that LS was (hes turned into this sleeky two-step finisher off one foot with a lay in whereas LS would take off two feet and try to dunk the shit out of the ball).

None the less .. i totally see the comparison and like it ..

Comment

If Demar became the same player as Latrell Sprewell I would be extremely happy! The Landlord was a hell of a player for the Warriors, Knicks and Timberwolves. Great person for Demar to model his game after.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
              If Demar became the same player as Latrell Sprewell I would be extremely happy! The Landlord was a hell of a player for the Warriors, Knicks and Timberwolves. Great person for Demar to model his game after.
              *Great Game don't you mean? Because to model after Latrell Sprewell as a person? Hmmmm. I mean, choking your coach isn't exactly coach-able.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I actually just thought of who he reminds me with watching the highlights this morning with his one foot finishes where he finishes more "around" guys than through or over .. its a right handed James Harden! Obviously he doesnt have the handles or shot .. but think or Latrell's shot / slashing game .. but with a harden finish at the end ..

[although last night, think of the same old DD who flails his arms into a crowd and hopes to get a call]

Comment

Spree could D.

The positive, is that Derozan is much more athletic, but than again so is Gerald Green.

Comment

Derozan must improve a lot before he can be compared to Sprewell. Sprewell was a beast - especially in 99 - those finals are mostly on him and Alan. Sprewell was a lot better on D,3pt,passing and as above in choking his coach

Comment

Something not mentioned was LS' passing...his career avg was 4.0 ast pg. A terrific all rounded player.

Comment

I still think DeRozan's best comparison is Maggette, with a slightly better mid range game.

I remember Spree being much more relentless/ferocious/explosive than what DeRozan's shown us.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                          I totally had a poster of The Landlord back in the day. Totally forgot about that nickname. Gotta be one of the more obscure nicknames.

I'd be happy if DD's game turned out like Spree's. Heck of a good player and DD obviously doesn't have the same sort of edge (...ok crazies...), but he is still a gamer.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                          X