There is a higher power afterall: Bargnani not returning to starting lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a higher power afterall: Bargnani not returning to starting lineup

“Jose earned his spot. It’s about earning, he earned his position, just like as of right now Eddie Davis is going to make a hard case to pull him out of the lineup because he’s earned that position,” Casey said.

“If someone was playing at a high rate or shooting the lights out, averaging 30 or 28 points a game before they went out and playing at a high level (Bargnani averaged 16 points on dismal 39.8% shooting and just 4.3 rebounds in 21 starts before injuring his elbow vs. Davis’ 12.4 point, 7.1 rebound, 58.9% shooting and far better defence over his past 10 contests), (or if) we were winning, then you can make the case for that, but right now, the way things have evolved for us, I don’t think you can make the case for an injury getting you back in the starting lineup just because of how well Jose has played or how Eddie Davis has played.”

Casey continues to emphasize the importance of playing as a team and throwing egos out the door. He pointed out that Manu Ginobili has been a reserve throughout his career, that former all-star Amare Stoudemire isn’t rocking the boat in New York and that even Dirk Nowitzki is coming off the bench for the moment as he works his way back from surgery.

“I don’t know if they’re accepting of it, I just think it’s the thing to do for the team. Each circumstance is different. I think you have to look to each circumstance and see what’s going on, the dynamics of each team moreso than looking at individuals’ status,” he said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/04...er-for-raptors

Hopefully that doesn't last for just one game.

Good. Better to have him come off the bench. Lowry and Fields both have flourished and changed the tempo of the games they've entered. Bargnani will solidify that, where he will match-up against poorer players in the oppositions 2nd unit.

Or, we could just goddamn #tradebargnani.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Good. Better to have him come off the bench. Lowry and Fields both have flourished and changed the tempo of the games they've entered. Bargnani will solidify that, where he will match-up against poorer players in the oppositions 2nd unit.

Or, we could just goddamn #tradebargnani.
      +1

Been saying that for years

Comment

I would definitely prefer Bargnani to Aaron Gray in the starting line-up. Most games Gray doesn't even look like an NBA player, let alone a starter. His play against Sacramento was an absolute farce. He couldn't even make a wide-open "bunny".

Bargnani can actually play adequate post defence, and if he buys into sharing the ball on offence I wouldn't mind seeing a Bargnani / Davis starting front court, with JV and Johnson off the bench. I love JV and his potential, but I'm not sure if you can win consistently in the NBA with a rookie C starting.

Comment

He won't be replacing Davis, but I damn sure hope he replaces Gray in the lineup. When JV returns, hopefully he'll have to earn his spot back from Bargnani (which would mean Bargnani was playing well).

Comment

I couldn't be happier with Bargnani coming off the bench. Seeing as there are no takers for his services, we might as well try and get some return on investment.

Ed Davis has shown great hustle and effort. He is very consistent with his rebounding which is something we desperately need, but it's angering to see him shoot free throws and not finish plays around the rim when he gets touch fouled. I hope that will eventually come with extra playing time and discipline in the gym.

Comment

If that means he will play harder to get back in to the starting line up, I am all for it.

(never understood the unearned privilage this team would grant to players for starting roles)

Comment

hahahaha Eddie Davis. Love it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Hopefully that doesn't last for just one game.
                  Matt52, you're awesome. You find lots of great stuff.

Bargs of the bench with a chip on his shoulder sounds good to me. We definitely could use some scoring punch.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

One would assume that Bargs won't get burned quite so bad by opposing bench players and can use his high-end skill to burn most other bench guys in the league.

Then again... it's Andrea.

Comment

Drake_Marcus wrote: View Post
                      One would assume that Bargs won't get burned quite so bad by opposing bench players and can use his high-end skill to burn most other bench guys in the league.

Then again... it's Andrea.
                      J.R.Smith must have this very same 'high-end skills'.

Comment

Working...
                      X