• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver/Memphis/Toronto

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ae4x6sl

To Denver:

Bargnani

To Memphis:

Calderon, Fields, Brewer, Quincy Miller.

To Toronto:

Gay, and Mozgov

Reasons:

Denver: they have a plethora of SF/SG's ( Faried [playing PF], Iggy, Gallinari, J. Hamilton, Wilson Chandler, plus rooks), Bargnani would give them scoring depth off the bench with McGee. They really don't give up much in this trade.

Memphis: They get cap relief. Jose, and Brewer coming off the books and fields playing the Shane Battier role for them and Quincy Miller turn into a serviceable player down the road. Really they don't get much and might need a pick to push this trade over the edge.

Toronto: they get the SF they have never had. Jose is expiring (he's going to a good team), Gay is by far better than Fields, and Bargs just doesn't fit with this new Raptors team.

Jonas/Mozgov/Gray
    Ed Davis/Amir/Acy
    Gay/Alan Anderson/Klieza/pieterus
    DeMar/Ross/Anderson
    Lowry/Lucas

We'll have to make some changes in the offseason. Find a back PG and SF, but overall this team looks like a playoff team. If we slide into the playoffs we keep our pick, perhaps Kabongo might have a future in Toronto or another Rookie PG. We also have the option of Amnestying Klieza.

I have always liked Denver being a good fit for Bargnani, and I really like the idea of getting a backup center with Gay.

Memphis already has 13 roster spots. So with your trade they will have to waive two roster sports (13 + 4 - 1 = 16 spots).

They would also be adding $4M this year. I don't exactly know how it works but they may want to shed salary prior to the end of this year.

I also don't know why Memphis would want Calderon when they have been using Conley and Bayless. They also have Wroten, Selby and Wellington all of whom can play PG.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Memphis already has 13 roster spots. So with your trade they will have to waive two roster sports (13 + 4 - 1 = 16 spots).

They would also be adding $4M this year. I don't exactly know how it works but they may want to shed salary prior to the end of this year.

I also don't know why Memphis would want Calderon when they have been using Conley and Bayless. They also have Wroten, Selby and Wellington all of whom can play PG.
      Memphis could always throw another guy into the trade. We can absorb more cash. Calderon is being included soley because he has an expiring contract. He is an upgrade over bayless. I think if they want to shed salary, this is a good option for them. Brewer is playing well, and fields would do well for this team, overall it's a doable option if they want to work on their salary cap issues and still contend.

Comment

Teams who have long-term concerns over salary cap issues do not typically want bad multi-year contract in return.

I doubt Memphis would accept any deal which includes them acquiring Landry Fields.

Comment

Working...
        X