Bargnani and Calderon to Boston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani and Calderon to Boston?

Can't do it with the trade machine since some players involved in the trade cannot be traded until January 15th.

Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Jeff Green, Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee.

Why Toronto would do it:
    1.Get rid of Andrea Bargnani
    2.Get rid of Jose Calderon's contract
    3.Get their starting small forward
    4.Get 2 other really good backups

Why Boston would do it:
    1.Add a really good scoring option off the bench or as a starter
    2.Add a really good backup point guard
    3.Free up 10M$ in cap space at the end of the season

Then we would amnesty Kleiza and waive Quincy Acy and the Celtics could sign Kleiza for cheap.

Here's what our team could look like by the beginning of next season:
    Valanciunas/Mozgov/Gray
    Davis/Johnson/Bass
    Green/Fields/Anderson
    DeRozan/Ross/Lucas
    Lowry/Harris/Lucas

Here's what Boston's team could look like right after the trade and the signing of Linas Kleiza:
    Garnett/Collins/Melo
    Bargnani/Sullinger/Wilcox
    Pierce/Kleiza
    Bradley/Terry
    Rondo/Calderon/Barbosa

What do you guys think of this?

I cuold see Green for Bargnani going down which gives Boston another big body. It be interesting if Garnett could put some life into Bargnani.

I just don't see the Celtics needing or wanting Jose though. Rondo plays point for them and Jose needs 25 minutes a game to be best used. He's not a 10-15 minutes back up PG.

Comment

Rondo getting suspended a lot, though

Comment

The Celtics are an old team and only care about the playoffs. ROndo could get suspended all he wants during the season as long as he's good to go for the playoffs.

Comment

Well they have to make them, first of all.

Comment

Sorry OP, that's way too talent to give up for 3 bench warmers. There's a lot more value in Bargnani and Calderon than people perceive - at least enough that would net us something of some worth as opposed to Green, Lee and Bass.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Sorry OP, that's way too talent to give up for 3 bench warmers. There's a lot more value in Bargnani and Calderon than people perceive - at least enough that would net us something of some worth as opposed to Green, Lee and Bass.
              Don't you think you're over-valuing Bargnani a bit? I mean at this point RIGHT NOW, he isn't really worth much. He's playing the worst basketball of his career. He already carries a horrible reputation of being a soft defender, a horrible defender, a lazy attitude to the game, and shot jacker. Everyone in the NBA knows this! With his horrible season, his value is seriously at an all time low. His value is even worse now that he is injured and unproven that he can still play decently on the floor. Bargnani isn't really worth much in the NBA right now unless the other team is absolutely desperate as well such as the Lakers or the Wolves. He can also be traded for a player that is equally as low value due to injury at the moment such as Granger (Plagued with knee injuries and known to be somewhat inconsistent at times). Calderon is the major piece to any trade involving Bargnani since he's currently playing one of the best seasons in his career. He's really showing that he can lead a team and do all the things that we have come to known him to do. I agree that we might be able to better than Green, Lee and Bass, but there aren't many better trades we might be able to get with Bargnani as a piece in the trade.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Don't you think you're over-valuing Bargnani a bit? I mean at this point RIGHT NOW, he isn't really worth much. He's playing the worst basketball of his career. He already carries a horrible reputation of being a soft defender, a horrible defender, a lazy attitude to the game, and shot jacker. Everyone in the NBA knows this! With his horrible season, his value is seriously at an all time low. His value is even worse now that he is injured and unproven that he can still play decently on the floor. Bargnani isn't really worth much in the NBA right now unless the other team is absolutely desperate as well such as the Lakers or the Wolves. He can also be traded for a player that is equally as low value due to injury at the moment such as Granger (Plagued with knee injuries and known to be somewhat inconsistent at times). Calderon is the major piece to any trade involving Bargnani since he's currently playing one of the best seasons in his career. He's really showing that he can lead a team and do all the things that we have come to known him to do. I agree that we might be able to better than Green, Lee and Bass, but there aren't many better trades we might be able to get with Bargnani as a piece in the trade.
                This...is the Vince Carter trade all over again. Bargnani has talent. So why not let some team reach for his services instead of settling for some other team's dead weight.
                Same thing happened with the Carter deal. he was playing arguably the worst ball of his career and instead of waiting it out, Babcock pulled the trigger. We ended up getting nothing in that deal. So why trade another talented player for 35 cents to the dollar - and to a team within the division at that?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Actually, Bass is playing more than 26 minutes a game. Lee and Green are both playing more than 23 a game. And that's on a legit playoff caliber team. Jeff Green could start at SF for a lot of team. Brandon Bass is in the Celtics' starting 5. And Lee can play a big role in any NBA team. I wouldn't call them benchwarmers.

Comment

I have no interest in paying 14 million a year to green and fields to split time at small forward. I would want Lee, Sullinger, and 2 first rounders (15-20 range).
                    A better destination for Andrea would be Philadelphia. At the moment they can't score at all.
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
                    Bargnani for Lavoy Allen and Dorell Wright?
                    Raptors get a sharpshooter who can play defense, and a tough pf. Philly gets a guy who has weaknesses, but is still able to score nearly 20 a game

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Actually, Bass is playing more than 26 minutes a game. Lee and Green are both playing more than 23 a game. And that's on a legit playoff caliber team. Jeff Green could start at SF for a lot of team. Brandon Bass is in the Celtics' starting 5. And Lee can play a big role in any NBA team. I wouldn't call them benchwarmers.
                      Where does Bass fit in with Davis and Johnson? Why get saddled with another overpaid 4?
                      I can't conceivably see Lee starting over Ross or Demar. So in that sense, they'll warm the bench nicely. And is Lee really an improvement over Fields and or Anderson. If that deal was presented to Danny Ainge, he would take that deal and run and hide somewhere because that is a complete heist. Green, well, some of you are still hanging onto a potential that he'll never tap in to. Green should not be starting. he's a nice luxury off the bench, however.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Can't do it with the trade machine since some players involved in the trade cannot be traded until January 15th.

Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Jeff Green, Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee.

Why Toronto would do it:
                        1.Get rid of Andrea Bargnani
                        2.Get rid of Jose Calderon's contract
                        3.Get their starting small forward
                        4.Get 2 other really good backups

Why Boston would do it:
                        1.Add a really good scoring option off the bench or as a starter
                        2.Add a really good backup point guard
                        3.Free up 10M$ in cap space at the end of the season

Then we would amnesty Kleiza and waive Quincy Acy and the Celtics could sign Kleiza for cheap.

Here's what our team could look like by the beginning of next season:
                        Valanciunas/Mozgov/Gray
                        Davis/Johnson/Bass
                        Green/Fields/Anderson
                        DeRozan/Ross/Lucas
                        Lowry/Harris/Lucas

Here's what Boston's team could look like right after the trade and the signing of Linas Kleiza:
                        Garnett/Collins/Melo
                        Bargnani/Sullinger/Wilcox
                        Pierce/Kleiza
                        Bradley/Terry
                        Rondo/Calderon/Barbosa

What do you guys think of this?
                        How'd we get Mozgov?

Comment

Free agency.

Comment

How about that?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bz8ohs9

Bargnani and Kleiza for Green and Bass. I'd do it. Would both teams do it? What do you guys think?

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bm4s639

Then we could do this with the Lakers, who could add picks.
                              Calderon for Blake, Hill and Clark.
                              Then the Raptors would waive Hill who'll be sidelined for the remainder of the season and also waive Clark or Acy. I'd rather cut Clark. Also I don't know if Acy's contract is fully garenteed.

Valanciunas/Johnson/Gray
                              Davis/Bass/Acy
                              Green/Fields/Pietrus
                              DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
                              Lowry/Blake/Lucas

Comment

Working...
                              X