Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Raps not as bad as LA right now.

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raps not as bad as LA right now.

    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...career-assists
    So The Lakers are in tough even to make the playoffs this season. With Nash, Howard, Bryant and Pau on the team with other very good players such as MWP, Jamison to name a couple, they are having a hard time winning games.

    And to make matters worse, the guy BC went all in for has already given up on the season with 50 games still to go. What kind of a leader was he suppose to be for our young guys when he has already thrown in the towel? Sure that will not go over well in LA LA Land.

    I for one am happy that we didn't get him this summer and even though we might not make the playoffs, I'm proud of our guys for not throwing in the towel.

    There is a God because as bad as we thought we had it, we knew that we would have to work out asses off to even squeak into the 8th spot. LA was in talks of winning it all! That puts a little padding on the blow of the hard season we are having so far.

    Keep your chin up boys, and keep playing hard. Couple years away and we will be in the right place all the time!

    GO RAPS!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...career-assists
    So The Lakers are in tough even to make the playoffs this season. With Nash, Howard, Bryant and Pau on the team with other very good players such as MWP, Jamison to name a couple, they are having a hard time winning games.

    And to make matters worse, the guy BC went all in for has already given up on the season with 50 games still to go. What kind of a leader was he suppose to be for our young guys when he has already thrown in the towel? Sure that will not go over well in LA LA Land.

    I for one am happy that we didn't get him this summer and even though we might not make the playoffs, I'm proud of our guys for not throwing in the towel.

    There is a God because as bad as we thought we had it, we knew that we would have to work out asses off to even squeak into the 8th spot. LA was in talks of winning it all! That puts a little padding on the blow of the hard season we are having so far.

    Keep your chin up boys, and keep playing hard. Couple years away and we will be in the right place all the time!

    GO RAPS!
    Raps aren't as bad as LA right now? Well their record says otherwise. I'd also say that being in the west vs the east is a huge difference. LA is having problems, but they also have the talent to turn it around on a dime. (I personally think their biggest weakness is not giving Dwight the ball enough. His FGA are down 30%, and usage down to the lowest level since his rookie season. In the meantime Kobe is shooting lights out, but taking more shots and has a higher usage than his career norm yet has so many quality players around him. Kobe needs to start taking a step back and allowing Dwight and others to take a step up)

    And in what way did you get the impression Nash is 'throwing in the towel'? In fact everything I read in that article says the exact opposite.

    "I don't want to discredit it; I don't want to not appreciate the company I share in this milestone. But right now, that's the farthest thing from my mind. I'm just trying to find a way to win one game."
    so the only remedy is continue to work hard and give yourself a chance for it to get better.
    We got a number of things we got to try to improve on to get better, but one thing that we can't accept is to take our foot off the gas and accept things. We got to continue to fight."

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Winning makes me feel better about the Raptors....not seeing another team's struggles.

    "Well, at least we're not the Wizards" does nothing for me.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    "Well, at least we're not the Wizards" does nothing for me.
    Generally I'd agree with this, but actually .. At least we're not the Wizards. Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    And in what way did you get the impression Nash is 'throwing in the towel'? In fact everything I read in that article says the exact opposite.
    "The 38-year-old Nash also admitted he has seriously considered the possibility that the Lakers, despite all their preseason hype and championship aspirations, might not even make the playoffs this season."
    "I obviously think with time, and that might mean through the summer, we can get better. But for this season, it's definitely going to be a challenge to turn this around. ... We got a number of things we got to try to improve on to get better, but one thing that we can't accept is to take our foot off the gas and accept things. We got to continue to fight."
    "

    When you are talking about the summer, making with 50 games to go, to me that's throwing in the towel. And yes we are not in the West but when you look at the quality and players they have compared to us and the Payroll compared to us, we are in the same boat for now. It is a case of YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, but LA for now did not get what they payed for. For now at least. Yes I know they will turn things around but as of right now, they are in my eyes as bad. And yes, Nash said all the right things except the Summer quote.

    Just saying!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Generally I'd agree with this, but actually .. At least we're not the Wizards. Lol
    At least they beat OKC

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tommy Beer ‏@TommyBeer
    "Over the last 3 full reg seasons, the 8th seed out West has averaged 48 wins. To get to 48, Lakers have to finish this season 33-15."


    I guess they need a pretty big turnaround

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Generally I'd agree with this, but actually .. At least we're not the Wizards. Lol
    BUT, we cannot say At least we are not the Wizards when OKC killed us and Wizards beat them and the Heat back on Dec 4th! What does that say about us?

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    they get no sympathy from me, maybe even a little glee at their misfortune.....

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am NOT AT ALL a Mike Brown fan but the Lakers panicked prematurely when they fired him. I can't believe they haven't made a trade yet. Maybe Raps. can take advantage and acquire someone from them.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    At least they beat OKC
    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    BUT, we cannot say At least we are not the Wizards when OKC killed us and Wizards beat them and the Heat back on Dec 4th! What does that say about us?
    While they may have beaten the Heat and Thunder, they still only have 5 wins on the season; and their last 4-5 years have been brutal. Not to mention, their #1 pick seems to be about as useful as our own.
    In Masai we Trust.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    While they may have beaten the Heat and Thunder, they still only have 5 wins on the season; and their last 4-5 years have been brutal. Not to mention, their #1 pick seems to be about as useful as our own.
    You got a point there my friend!

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Winning makes me feel better about the Raptors....not seeing another team's struggles.

    "Well, at least we're not the Wizards" does nothing for me.
    +1
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lakers have a once every 10-15 years player in Kobe Bryant. The Lakers are fine.struggling yes but that's what injuries do to a team LA will bounce back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •