Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps not as bad as LA right now.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...career-assists
    So The Lakers are in tough even to make the playoffs this season. With Nash, Howard, Bryant and Pau on the team with other very good players such as MWP, Jamison to name a couple, they are having a hard time winning games.

And to make matters worse, the guy BC went all in for has already given up on the season with 50 games still to go. What kind of a leader was he suppose to be for our young guys when he has already thrown in the towel? Sure that will not go over well in LA LA Land.

I for one am happy that we didn't get him this summer and even though we might not make the playoffs, I'm proud of our guys for not throwing in the towel.

There is a God because as bad as we thought we had it, we knew that we would have to work out asses off to even squeak into the 8th spot. LA was in talks of winning it all! That puts a little padding on the blow of the hard season we are having so far.

Keep your chin up boys, and keep playing hard. Couple years away and we will be in the right place all the time!

GO RAPS!

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...career-assists
    So The Lakers are in tough even to make the playoffs this season. With Nash, Howard, Bryant and Pau on the team with other very good players such as MWP, Jamison to name a couple, they are having a hard time winning games.

And to make matters worse, the guy BC went all in for has already given up on the season with 50 games still to go. What kind of a leader was he suppose to be for our young guys when he has already thrown in the towel? Sure that will not go over well in LA LA Land.

I for one am happy that we didn't get him this summer and even though we might not make the playoffs, I'm proud of our guys for not throwing in the towel.

There is a God because as bad as we thought we had it, we knew that we would have to work out asses off to even squeak into the 8th spot. LA was in talks of winning it all! That puts a little padding on the blow of the hard season we are having so far.

Keep your chin up boys, and keep playing hard. Couple years away and we will be in the right place all the time!

GO RAPS!
    Raps aren't as bad as LA right now? Well their record says otherwise. I'd also say that being in the west vs the east is a huge difference. LA is having problems, but they also have the talent to turn it around on a dime. (I personally think their biggest weakness is not giving Dwight the ball enough. His FGA are down 30%, and usage down to the lowest level since his rookie season. In the meantime Kobe is shooting lights out, but taking more shots and has a higher usage than his career norm yet has so many quality players around him. Kobe needs to start taking a step back and allowing Dwight and others to take a step up)

And in what way did you get the impression Nash is 'throwing in the towel'? In fact everything I read in that article says the exact opposite.

"I don't want to discredit it; I don't want to not appreciate the company I share in this milestone. But right now, that's the farthest thing from my mind. I'm just trying to find a way to win one game."
    so the only remedy is continue to work hard and give yourself a chance for it to get better.
    We got a number of things we got to try to improve on to get better, but one thing that we can't accept is to take our foot off the gas and accept things. We got to continue to fight."

Comment

Winning makes me feel better about the Raptors....not seeing another team's struggles.

"Well, at least we're not the Wizards" does nothing for me.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Generally I'd agree with this, but actually .. At least we're not the Wizards. Lol

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
          And in what way did you get the impression Nash is 'throwing in the towel'? In fact everything I read in that article says the exact opposite.
          "The 38-year-old Nash also admitted he has seriously considered the possibility that the Lakers, despite all their preseason hype and championship aspirations, might not even make the playoffs this season."
          "I obviously think with time, and that might mean through the summer, we can get better. But for this season, it's definitely going to be a challenge to turn this around. ... We got a number of things we got to try to improve on to get better, but one thing that we can't accept is to take our foot off the gas and accept things. We got to continue to fight."
          "

When you are talking about the summer, making with 50 games to go, to me that's throwing in the towel. And yes we are not in the West but when you look at the quality and players they have compared to us and the Payroll compared to us, we are in the same boat for now. It is a case of YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, but LA for now did not get what they payed for. For now at least. Yes I know they will turn things around but as of right now, they are in my eyes as bad. And yes, Nash said all the right things except the Summer quote.

Just saying!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Generally I'd agree with this, but actually .. At least we're not the Wizards. Lol
            At least they beat OKC

Comment

Tommy Beer ‏@TommyBeer
              "Over the last 3 full reg seasons, the 8th seed out West has averaged 48 wins. To get to 48, Lakers have to finish this season 33-15."

I guess they need a pretty big turnaround

Comment

BUT, we cannot say At least we are not the Wizards when OKC killed us and Wizards beat them and the Heat back on Dec 4th! What does that say about us?

Comment

they get no sympathy from me, maybe even a little glee at their misfortune.....

Comment

I am NOT AT ALL a Mike Brown fan but the Lakers panicked prematurely when they fired him. I can't believe they haven't made a trade yet. Maybe Raps. can take advantage and acquire someone from them.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      At least they beat OKC
                      Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                      BUT, we cannot say At least we are not the Wizards when OKC killed us and Wizards beat them and the Heat back on Dec 4th! What does that say about us?
                      While they may have beaten the Heat and Thunder, they still only have 5 wins on the season; and their last 4-5 years have been brutal. Not to mention, their #1 pick seems to be about as useful as our own.

Comment

While they may have beaten the Heat and Thunder, they still only have 5 wins on the season; and their last 4-5 years have been brutal. Not to mention, their #1 pick seems to be about as useful as our own.
                        You got a point there my friend!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Winning makes me feel better about the Raptors....not seeing another team's struggles.

+1

Comment

Lakers have a once every 10-15 years player in Kobe Bryant. The Lakers are fine.struggling yes but that's what injuries do to a team LA will bounce back.

Comment

Working...
                            X