Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors making a STRONG push for Rudy Gay?

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors making a STRONG push for Rudy Gay?

On twitter today and happened to see tweets about the Raptors are making a strong push at Rudy Gay.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

And also I heard that Marc Stein comfirmed that the Raptors are actually making a strong push at Rudy Gay, any thoughts?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Spin Doctor is rolling the dice once again in order to save his job?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

what could we possibly offer?

Memphis wants to shed salary but not at the expense of their team's winning ways. I read on hoopshype that they will trade Gay if they can find a way to shed salary AND keep their winning ways.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BC is a very good salesman & spin doctor so i doubt he needs to trade for Gay to save his Job.. I wouldnt be suprised to see BC take over MSLE CEO job & name Ed Stefanski his successer... hes had his eye on that job for some time now.. as for Gay i wouldnt include Davis/Ross in any trades.. demar on thew other hand id be OK dealing since Ross is already better IMO..

also anyone else have trouble posting the last couple days??? the reply box's were grayed out & i couldnt post till now

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    also anyone else have trouble posting the last couple days??? the reply box's were grayed out & i couldnt post till now
    Ya I couldnt post till today either unless I was using my phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Ya I couldnt post till today either unless I was using my phone.
    ok cool...i thought my PC was messed at one point..was going to reformat LOL glad i waited it out.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ok cool...i thought my PC was messed at one point..was going to reformat LOL glad i waited it out.
    I couldn't post either and I thought it was because I'm a mac user and it was a Safari thing.

As for Gay, I don't have a problem with the Raps going after him if Demar and Jose goes the other way. Giving up Ed is too much. If that's what Memphis is asking for, pass.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

When can Demar be traded?

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem Sunday while watching the OKC game
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but when did Demar become more expendable than Ed? This is a guy who has been in the conversation recently as maybe the 2nd best SG in the East. And it's not a youth or potential thing as they are essentially the same age. Ed is a very good backup PF and a good starting PF but trade Demar before him? That shit crazy.

Yes you could say Demar is expendable because of T Ross but you can the same about Ed and Amir.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote optifan wrote: View Post
    Sorry but when did Demar become more expendable than Ed? This is a guy who has been in the conversation recently as maybe the 2nd best SG in the East. And it's not a youth or potential thing as they are essentially the same age. Ed is a very good backup PF and a good starting PF but trade Demar before him? That shit crazy.

Yes you could say Demar is expendable because of T Ross but you can the same about Ed and Amir.
    well people want to get better quickly, not wait for demar to keep developing, which is unlikely considering how long he's been in the league. Especially since you have sulky mcsulkerson (lowry) in the corner over there, which you bet a large part of the teams future on (that damn draft pick). getting rudy gay makes demar redundant. ross is a nice player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote optifan wrote: View Post

since demar's replacement(Ross) is less painfull to see starting then Ed's replacement(Bargs)

of course if there was a way to get rid of Bargs in the deal id be overjoyed but that just aint happening.. im sure Memphis wants some NBA ready talent..

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as theiy don't give up JV and Ross, i'm good.

I'm pretty sure that JV's not going anywhere. But i'm a bit scared that the Grizz might ask for Ross. I mean, i'm a big DeRozan homer but watching Ross play this year, i think he's got a much bigger upside than DeMar. Much better shooter, much better defender, not scared to take the big shots. Compare to DeRozan who's very passive and have a very limited range.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    As long as theiy don't give up JV and Ross, i'm good.

I'm pretty sure that JV's not going anywhere. But i'm a bit scared that the Grizz might ask for Ross. I mean, i'm a big DeRozan homer but watching Ross play this year, i think he's got a much bigger upside than DeMar. Much better shooter, much better defender, not scared to take the big shots. Compare to DeRozan who's very passive and have a very limited range.
    A lot of people seem to have an ideal sense of what they want in a shooting guard. Ross is your typical shooting guard (Athletic, shooter, defender.) While Derozan is near to that unorthodox type, which includes guys like Ginobili, Bryant, and Wade - NOT comparing the talent, but the game.

Derozan is a slasher, low/high-post player, mid-range, athletic player. He's not your typical shooting guard. Just because Ross can do some things better than Derozan, doesn't necessarily mean he will be better down the road. Derozan is better than Ross at finishing, creating in the paint, stronger. And, the excuse is "Ross is going to get stronger and better down the road, which means he'll be better." That's not the case, because when saying that, most are assuming Derozan won't get stronger, won't improve the shooting, won't improve the ball-handling. (Which he's improved in all of those very well/quickly.)

I'm tired of hearing the Ross will be better than Derozan stuff, why can't we just be happy we have both? Ross and Derozan compliment each other when on the court at the same time. Plus, I'd rather have a sketchy defender and a good defender (Ross, Derozan) over 2 sketchy defenders any day (Gay, Derozan).

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    A lot of people seem to have an ideal sense of what they want in a shooting guard. Ross is your typical shooting guard (Athletic, shooter, defender.) While Derozan is near to that unorthodox type, which includes guys like Ginobili, Bryant, and Wade - NOT comparing the talent, but the game.

Derozan is a slasher, low/high-post player, mid-range, athletic player. He's not your typical shooting guard. Just because Ross can do some things better than Derozan, doesn't necessarily mean he will be better down the road. Derozan is better than Ross at finishing, creating in the paint, stronger. And, the excuse is "Ross is going to get stronger and better down the road, which means he'll be better." That's not the case, because when saying that, most are assuming Derozan won't get stronger, won't improve the shooting, won't improve the ball-handling. (Which he's improved in all of those very well/quickly.)

I'm tired of hearing the Ross will be better than Derozan stuff, why can't we just be happy we have both? Ross and Derozan compliment each other when on the court at the same time. Plus, I'd rather have a sketchy defender and a good defender (Ross, Derozan) over 2 sketchy defenders any day (Gay, Derozan).
    Great point. And to add to it, not every player develops as well as Derozan did. Nobody knows if Ross will actually improve substantially

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Reuben they compliement each other extremely well, Ross will always have a better shot than DeRozan thats his natural skillset he has coming in and now he can temper that skill down the road. Ross has a much slimmer frame he can get stronger but he is your typical shooting guard build he wont be bulking up that much, saying Ross is better is unfair especially when you bring up how hard DeRozan works every year on his game, Ross is lucky to be on the same team where there is a guy who plays your position that is a hard worker like DeRozan hopefully he takes up some of his habits and apply to his own development.

that aside I think a line up of Rudy Gay and DeRozan would actually be very good, having 2 players that comand help D is a good thing... a 1,2,3 punch of Lowry,DeRozan & Gay sounds really good if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

Derozan didnt develop quick at all...its taken him this long just to be Good..hes never going to be great..Demar doesnt finish well at all like Reuben suggests. we see it over & over with Demar Driving Flinging his arms up begging for a call not getting a call or the bucket. Demar's been a starter for 4 years & is hardly better then Ross.. give it a season or two & Ross will be 10 times the player Demar is...Hes already better then Demar IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Demar doesnt finish well at all like Reuben suggests. we see it over & over with Demar Driving Flinging his arms up begging for a call not getting a call or the bucket.
    I don't mean anything by this, but .. have you been watching the games this year??

I only ask because Demar is converting 65% of his shots at the Rim this year.

Not only that, but he really hasn't been complaining to the refs at all this season.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

I'm a bit confused by this. Ginoblili and Bryant are both very atletic, good shooters and defenders, so to say DeRozan is more like them doesn't make sense. I agree that DD is an unorthodox SG though.

Also, I don't know why everyone thinks DD is a slasher. I always thought slashers were guys whom move well without the ball and the ones receiving passes for easy buckets. I don't think DD moves well without the ball and can't remember the last time he was the recipient of pass for an easy bucket at the rim (could just be me confusing what slasher means though).

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'm a bit confused by this. Ginoblili and Bryant are both very atletic, good shooters and defenders, so to say DeRozan is more like them doesn't make sense. I agree that DD is an unorthodox SG though.

Also, I don't know why everyone thinks DD is a slasher. I always thought slashers were guys whom move well without the ball and the ones receiving passes for easy buckets. I don't think DD moves well without the ball and can't remember the last time he was the recipient of pass for an easy bucket at the rim (could just be me confusing what slasher means though).
    Perhaps "slasher" in this case means, "I don't have a reliable jumper, so I need to get closer to the rim any way possible".
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information