Thread: Chisholm sums up reality of any Rudy Gay deal

Threaded View

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Based on this logic, wouldn't it make sense for Nash's numbers to be better in LA compared to his previous years in Phoenix? He has much better players in Kobe, Gasol, Howard, etc. when compared to Dudley, Gortat, Frye, etc.

Small sample size, but you get my point. Sometimes, it comes down to a team utilizing a player differently that can make a world of difference. Gay going from a 3rd option to a 1st option has that potential. Just look at Harden, and to a lesser extent, Mayo (another player I wish we were in the running for last summer).
    It kind of works in reverse with Nash, he is the one that makes poor players better. Ask Staudamire in NY.

What is your basis for thinking Gay will be a better player with us? Do we have 16.7 shots to give him, is lowry going to pass more and shoot less, will derozan take the cut, I honestly do not see why Memphis is a poor place for him and why Toronto is better.

If he is OUR number one option, and is not happy with his 16.7 shots in memphis, at .410% shooting, we are going to lose a lot of games.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Jan 11th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Thread Information