Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chisholm sums up reality of any Rudy Gay deal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    I think you answered your own post right there. Gay is not worth the money. We all agree on that. And since when did overpaying-for-mediocre-talent become the M.O. of every GM in the league? lol.
    Mediocre?

Interesting.

I can see why consensus will never be reached on this topic.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Dude im right there with you. But what i think you and golden are a bit unclear with is that i am not advocating for acquiring Rudy Gay because i want the Raptors to target Rudy Gay, but right now, with what we are getting from the media, Rudy Gay is by far the most attainable prospect there is for the Raptors. If i had a choice, i wouldnt get Gay, id get Gasol, Lebron, Kobe, Durant. Answer me this, is there any other top level talent, that is better than any Raptor player, that is currently in the market, that their home team is willing to trade, other than Gay??

I guess the only other argument is to not acquire anybody, wait for calderon's contract to expire, keep Bargnani etc etc. But if a good deal comes to nab Gay, then why not, right? The only other prospect is Josh Smith, next year, and i dont see the Raps getting him unless they overpay.
    I would rather over pay for Josh Smith than to Overpay for Rudy Gay and give up half our talent (which we would likely need to do)!!

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Mediocre?

Interesting.

I can see why consensus will never be reached on this topic.
    Mediocre - THIS YEAR......he's not getting younger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    (Facepalm)

STATS 101, guys....

You need to look at the individual DRTG vs. the team DRTG. Lakers (107.0) vs Howard (101). Dwight is a full 6 pts/possession better than the team average. Steve Nash is at 111. That's pretty much what you expect.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2013.html
    (Facepalm)

So Gay who has an individual defensive rating of 99 (which is like awesome) is a horrible defender because the team is 98.8 (which is like 2nd best in the league) when he is off the floor.

Gotcha.

That mediocre bitch.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Right...... i'm pretty sure if we give Lowry the keys and a nice contract Lowry (whom is very close with Alvin Williams) MAY choose to stay. This is a risk (we knew that coming in). But who did we give up for Lowry?? Your boy Gary Forbes and a draft pick..... Who do you want to give up for Rudy??? Be honest - i wont check the thread but i recall Jose, DD, ED + 2nd rounder if we had to...... thats too much for not even an all-star. YES - YOU DONT GET IT AT ALL!!
    lol, you really are "special" (remedial class special).

Jose is gone in a few months. Losing him means nothing.

Davis is a redundant player because we already have Amir. Not a big deal.

DeMar might be asking too much (if combined with Jose/Davis/picks), but he's nowhere near an untouchable player. Not even close.
    "I don't lie.