Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 163

Thread: GT: Sixers @ Raptors

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    O hush about that clock thing let Fields get his double double great game from Amir offense was spotty but if defense is on point it isn't as important.

    Good W. Phili hit some really tough shits at times though.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    meh, Fields was calling for it. I don't see it as rubbing salt in the wound, Calderon was just rewarding Fields for the hustle
    True, and the clock was going down before the game clock, so its usually protocol to get up that shot.


    ...at the same time, the 76'ers were not defending, the allyoop was not necessery a simple layup, with less flash would of been a bit more professional

    but, hey in the end the fans pay for the tickets, and jose and fields just gave them an extra cheer

  3. #123
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imaginelino wrote: View Post
    relax guys, how much harder are they gonna come out next time really... do they turn it up to 11?
    im not worried about retaliation.. i just dont think it was professional or sportsmanlike

  4. #124
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Though if I were a fan of Philly I would want to see them fighting till the last second, this just shows how mentally vulnerable they are as a team.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Wed Jan 9th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
    #FREE

  5. #125
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    True, and the clock was going down before the game clock, so its usually protocol to get up that shot.


    ...at the same time, the 76'ers were not defending, the allyoop was not necessery a simple layup, with less flash would of been a bit more professional

    but, hey in the end the fans pay for the tickets, and jose and fields just gave them an extra cheer
    ahh didnt realize the shot clock was on.. just looked up and saw the dunk and saw the shot clock off.. damn they were quick on that shit lol

  6. #126
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Let Lowry play!!!!
    I don't think he deserved it tonight.

    I agree with Rapstor4Life... he has to play his game.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  7. #127
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nova scotia
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When was the last time raptors had three guys with double doubles in one game? Almost 4 if Ed had one more rebound!
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

  8. #128
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    ahh didnt realize the shot clock was on.. just looked up and saw the dunk and saw the shot clock off.. damn they were quick on that shit lol
    I still agree with you, I did not think it was necessary either. Coach wanted the clock to just be ran out, but I can see the point of rewarding Fields for his hustle, and its not like he was cloaked, if the 76'ers wanted to defend him they could of. Still, though the horse was dead, the 2 was not needed. I think in the end Casey wisdom prevails.

    So if 76'ers fans are reading this, the coach did not want it... so don't get your panties in a knot.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Jan 9th, 2013 at 09:35 PM.

  9. #129
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Couldnt catch the game (god damn exams...) but anyone wanna fill me in on how Lowry played? What was the problem with him tonight?

  10. #130
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Most Lowry fans think he was too passive, and nullfied his strengths. Teamwise he played very well, everyone was involved as you can see and we had this thing in the 3rd.

  11. #131
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jose just apologized for that pass to fields, said he did not want to rub anything in.

  12. #132
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Derozan just said, I am on my teammates side, teams have done it to us, we fight till the end of the clock.

  13. #133
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So happy Pietrus has been moved out of the starting lineup and hopefully with his "F" 8 minutes of play, he is nailed to the bench as soon as Ross is back.

    I'm glad Raps pulled out the win but this is a game that should have been 30+. WTF has happened to Philly? They look bad and if things don't turn around soon my money is on Doug Collins one of the next coaches to go - his extension in the fall was for just one more season. Much like Skiles, he is another coach who grinds on players over time..... and especially when not winning.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. #134
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    Most Lowry fans think he was too passive, and nullfied his strengths. Teamwise he played very well, everyone was involved as you can see and we had this thing in the 3rd.
    Agreed.

    But Raps went stale and were unorganized with him on floor in 2nd half. PG's job to get everyone on same page and he didn't do it tonight.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  15. #135
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not a single FT for Lowry, that is not good. We need to address that.

  16. #136
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    So happy Pietrus has been moved out of the starting lineup and hopefully with his "F" 8 minutes of play, he is nailed to the bench as soon as Ross is back.

    I'm glad Raps pulled out the win but this is a game that should have been 30+. WTF has happened to Philly? They look bad and if things don't turn around soon my money is on Doug Collins one of the next coaches to go - his extension in the fall was for just one more season. Much like Skiles, he is another coach who grinds on players over time..... and especially when not winning.
    That pull up 3 he took bothered me, (why so early in the shot clock? you are not our best option). Then he does it again...

    He looks good out there, he is fluid, hustles, but its just not working out for us on the stat sheet. (just checked his FG%, ouch)

  17. #137
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    did landry play the 4 again tonight? didn't see the game but his rebounds are nice.
    For The Win

  18. #138
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    did landry play the 4 again tonight? didn't see the game but his rebounds are nice.
    Played a lot of 3, some 4. The rebounds can be attributed to his minutes. He's rebounded well since his return but hasn't been given the minutes for then to show up.

  19. #139
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice to see Fields back in the startling lineup again.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  20. #140
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Played a lot of 3, some 4. The rebounds can be attributed to his minutes. He's rebounded well since his return but hasn't been given the minutes for then to show up.
    thank you

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •