Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amir Johnson = Very Underrated

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amir Johnson = Very Underrated

If there's a poll on who's the MVP of this team so far, i would say it's a tie between Jose and Amir.

Amir Johnson has been that impressive this year. I always think of him as a more skilled, bigger version of JYD. This guy just gives his 100% every time he's on the floor, great rebounder, great defender, great teammate, and has really improved his offensive part of his game.

Like i said before, the only thing i hate about him is his jersey number. I don't think anyone should be wearing #15.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was never a fan, but the dude has grown on me. He just keeps improving. He has been staying on the floor, not like past seasons and has been a key part of this teams defensive identity. His offense aint bad either.

I hate to say it, but he is earning that Colangelo contract. (not that overpaying is a good move, but if it helped Davis to be the player he is, there may be a saving grace in that argument)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Jan 9th, 2013 at 10:18 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

britta.

it was a good game. but he won't string more than 2 together before he drops a bunch of zeroes and fouls out.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

always been a fan of amir.. hustle is unmatched on our team and he is a great finisher around the rim.. guy makes the most ridiculous ugly how-did-u-do-that shots around the rim but they always go in.. love his passion and hustle and big time plays

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 to JYD, but a bit better.

I really like Amir! Heart and soul into every game, every loose ball. Goes a long way, IMHO.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, but, the most underrated part of him, is his impact on the defensive end. Our best defensive player overall, whether trying to guard on-ball, in post, help side... He does everything.

Really is a defensive anchor, but sometimes too many ticky-tack, and isn't the smartest NBA player.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always been a fan of Amir, and although he's not