X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vykis wrote: View Post
    Amir with the added jumpshot looks a lot like Haslem (the 2006 version) IMO
    +1

I've used the Haslem comparison before too. A low-maintenance, hustle, glue-guy who does the little things that don't show up on the boxscore, but definitely help a team win games.

Comment

Amir is a good third big who can start if needed, I don't think he's underrated. One of the best things he brings is very athletic defense, When teams go small his foot speed is good enough to do a passable job on some threes and he always hustles. Long term him, Ed, and Jonas are going to be a good, very athletic front court.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I also don't like it when people say he's got a bad contract. he's given this team 3-4x the production of Kleiza for less than double the amount every year. IMO Kleiza's contract is worse than Amir's, Jose's, or even Barg's in terms of what we paid versus what we got. I just think that because Kleiza makes the least of the 3, nobody really says to much about it. BUT he's a BUM!!! who never really showed why we paid him what we did. (Full disclaimer, I was okay what the Kleiza signing at the time, and it's not entirely his fault [or coangelo's] that he was injured for the amount of time that he was, but STILL HE'S A BUM!!!) Okay rant over.

Go Amir!
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          That's spot on and until you used the words defensive anchor to describe him I would have never thought of it, but Amir is certainly that for our team. Only thing about Amir is his energy and focus seems to fluctuate game by game so you never know what you're going to get from him.
          huh?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            I don't think Amir Johnson is underrated.. at least not by most Raptor fans. I think he's rated just fine. His contract was really only an issue when it was first described in the media, but when it was dissected later people came to an understanding that it was a decent one. He plays center and doesn't whine about it. He'll come off the bench if you ask him to.

The only issue I have is that AJ is wildly inconsistent but he's not an all-star and will never be one. He is my favourite Raptor and would be upset if he was traded but it wouldn't be the end of the world either. You could win a championship with him on your team and you couldn't say that about just anybody.
            100% agree

His contract is fine. The problem with Amir has always been that he can't stay on the court long enough because of foul trouble. I think the other night was like the 5th time he's played 40 minutes.

He's young, and he's getting better. But we lean on him heavily enough without relying on him too much that we all know what he is worth.

The real question is, do we even have an MVP of this season? Is there any player you could take out of this line up and have us plummet in the standings?

I'm not sure there is one to tell you the truth.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
              huh?
              I was referring to his inconsistency.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                I was referring to his inconsistency.
                fair enough, but i do think he consistently has energy and focus and you know what ur gonna get from him from that standpoint

Comment

Working...
                X