Calderon/Fields end of clock play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon/Fields end of clock play.

I only saw the highlights on Sportsnet, because I didn't get to finish the game, and I had no idea this happened.

So. What exactly happened with that last play? I know Philly got a little pissed, but was the shot-clock still on? Or what?

Just want to know what happened, doesn't seem like a Calderon thing to do quite frankly.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Ah who cares.

20 seconds left on the clock, gave Fields his double double.

Comment

RNsteve wrote: View Post
      Ah who cares.

20 seconds left on the clock, gave Fields his double double.
      I kind of do, that's why I'm asking. I watched the post-game reaction, and he felt pretty bad about it, but apparently the entire Philly team was sour.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Yeah the shot clock was still on. I was surprised to see it. But all of the Philly players were moving up around centre court, and I guess Calderon was just like, "ah, f*** it, we gotta put up a shot anyways."
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I watched the game, Casey was calling for Calderon to run the clock down. Philly wasn't really playing defense and Fields decided to cut hard to the basket and call for the ball, so Calderon fed it to him. Philly had obviously given up so it's not the best thing to do. At the same time though, I don't fault Calderon for rewarding a guy whose making a strong cut to the basket.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

was def an awkward moment afterwards.. arguments could be made for either side and id accept either one.. neither team deserves the right to care.. look forward to the next game and hopefully we can even up the series

Comment

Shot clock was still running - what did Casey want them to do, dribble it out until they turn it over?

Comment

Yeah when the shot clock is still running, a shot is going to be put up either way. It's Philly's fault for letting themselves get embarrassed.

Comment

Twas a great pass.

I dont know what philly was expecting, they had to know there was still a possession to be had. Its really no different than if Jose had waited till the last second of the shot clock and hit a half court 3. Everyone just views the alley-oop as the holy grail of basketball.

"Hand Down, Man Down." - Mark Jackson

Comment

coastal wrote: View Post
                    Shot clock was still running - what did Casey want them to do, dribble it out until they turn it over?
                    Yes, that is what the coach was asking him to do. It was a momentary lapse for Jose whom is usually a very classy guy. But none the less it would be considered unsportsmanlike.

Comment

I dont understand the beef 76ers were sour they expected to win this game Fields and Amir played huge im glad they made that play to give Fields his double double, good for his confidnece bounce back having him in the starting line up and playing as long as he did 42 minutes was it? dam was a huge difference maker.

Hes in good shape too playing out of his positiong grabbing 11 boards playing that long he didn't look gassed. Bravo Fields.

Comment

who cares

like honestly

i saw jose and landry run to the philly changeroom to apologize, what more does philly want?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Yes, that is what the coach was asking him to do. It was a momentary lapse for Jose whom is usually a very classy guy. But none the less it would be considered unsportsmanlike.
                          Yup, it comes down to the unwritten rule of basketball etiquette. You shouldn't go out of your way to embarrass your opponent when the outcome is already decided.

Comment

Fuck you 6er crybabies

Pay attention to the game clock. You had to defend one more play.

All this don't rub salt in our woulds crap is little boy bullshit.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Yup, it comes down to the unwritten rule of basketball etiquette. You shouldn't go out of your way to embarrass your opponent when the outcome is already decided.
                              I'm on the fence on this one. I dont think anything more can embarrass a team when its pretty much given that they will lose the game. I dont think its written anywhere that you can grab somebody else's nads when going for a rebound or kick another player in the groin when taking a shot, but when caught, players get suspend. Up until the league starts handing out suspensions for "putting points on the board when the game is out of reach" then i say do alley-oops and 360 dunks even when your team is ahead by 30 with 10 seconds to go in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X