Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My problem with Raptors broadcasts

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My problem with Raptors broadcasts

First off, during last night's game. Matt and Leo didn't announce that Ross is out till midway thru the 1st quarter. What's up with that? total bush league in my opinion. Ross is one of the most important bench player on this team.

Other things that i don't like:

Sideline Reporter - Why can't Sportsnet and TSN get a sideline reporter to cover what's going on with the team during the game? and also to interview players during halftime and after the game? Jack and Leo have done a great job interviewing players during halftime but i never feel like they're comfortable doing it. Can't really blame them because that's not their line.

Halftime Show - TSN's "Fastbreak" show is a joke. Instead of talking about what's going on around the league or other teams. How about talk about what's going on in the game that you're covering? Same with Sportsnet, heck Sportsnet's halftime show with Grange is a BIGGER joke. It's like a ripoff of Fastbreak but worse.

The Raptors isn't getting much respect in my opinion. Whenever i watch an NHL game on TSN or CBC or Sportsnet. They've done a great job covering the game. Pre-game show, post game show, 1st and 2nd intermissions, all very well done.

Same with Blue Jays baseball on Sportsnet. Pre-game show, post game show, they've done a great job covering the game and the Blue Jays. The addition of Blue Jays Central with Campbell and Zaun really makes the show much more entertaining to watch.

Why can't they do the same thing with the Raptors?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    First off, during last night's game. Matt and Leo didn't announce that Ross is out till midway thru the 1st quarter. What's up with that? total bush league in my opinion. Ross is one of the most important bench player on this team.

Other things that i don't like:

Sideline Reporter - Why can't Sportsnet and TSN get a sideline reporter to cover what's going on with the team during the game? and also to interview players during halftime and after the game? Jack and Leo have done a great job interviewing players during halftime but i never feel like they're comfortable doing it. Can't really blame them because that's not their line.

Halftime Show - TSN's "Fastbreak" show is a joke. Instead of talking about what's going on around the league or other teams. How about talk about what's going on in the game that you're covering? Same with Sportsnet, heck Sportsnet's halftime show with Grange is a BIGGER joke. It's like a ripoff of Fastbreak but worse.

The Raptors isn't getting much respect in my opinion. Whenever i watch an NHL game on TSN or CBC or Sportsnet. They've done a great job covering the game. Pre-game show, post game show, 1st and 2nd intermissions, all very well done.

Same with Blue Jays baseball on Sportsnet. Pre-game show, post game show, they've done a great job covering the game and the Blue Jays. The addition of Blue Jays Central with Campbell and Zaun really makes the show much more entertaining to watch.

Why can't they do the same thing with the Raptors?
    Well .. know Ive heard everything. I think that sideline reporters (in all sports, but particularly in the NBA) are the biggest waste of space going. I had thought this view was universally shared .. but I guess you actually appreciate Ric Bucher getting one word answers out of Greg Popowich ..

Otherwise, Im mostly with you on your comments ..

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean like what they do on Raptors TV? The postgame is usually streamed on raptors.com. Halftime? I couldn't tell you. To be honest I'm not a fan of Raptor broadcasts. There are worse, but the best play by play team does the radio broadcast.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, NHL games get alot more viewers. Therefore TSN and Sportsnet have a higher operating budget for production.

Sportsnet has an exclusive and lucrative deal with the Blue Jays, which means their production is top quality ($$).

As far as the networks are concerned, the Raptors are their 3rd best product and the value in their production of Raptors broadcasts makes it pretty evident.

I get the frustration, Rod and Leo are embarrassing at times. and the singing's gotta stop

Post Thanks / Like

but until the Raps are better than a 3rd rate team (in the network's eyes), their production will continue to suck.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What I noticed is other team fans makinf fun from Raps commentators (no need to mention who). They are annoying in some way for me also.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I get so pissed when they start interviewing celebirty fans, seriously, did we need a yippe kayee mf'ers out of Bruce Willis on our brodcast?

I curse everytime the action goes into the small window. I am not intrested in lip reading, I can hear the audio and watch the action just fine.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Devlin is my main issue... he sucks. oh ya & jacks singing, very annoying..& i hate when jack gets a boner talking about opposing players.. does it all the time, some times it sounds soo gay & he goes on & on... BRING BACK THE SWIRSK!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Devlin is awesome. I would party with that dude any day of the week, bet you the sob would get us arrested. (j/k, I get the impression that he is a down to earth guy with a great sense of humour, would love to pound a few pitchers with him)

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, i don't have any problem with the Raps announcers. I like Matt, i think he's done a great job. I don't have any problem with Leo. And i'm a big fan of Jack Armstrong.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    I get so pissed when they start interviewing celebirty fans, seriously, did we need a yippe kayee mf'ers out of Bruce Willis on our brodcast?

I curse everytime the action goes into the small window. I am not intrested in lip reading, I can hear the audio and watch the action just fine.
    Youre complaining about this??

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The "fastbreak" show isn't that bad. I like the fact that they talk about what's hot in the league, rather than how good or bad the Raps are playing. We get enough of that in the pre and post game shows. Wouldn't mind seeing a sexy sideline reporter though.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop bitching. There are worse commentators around trust me. Although i do agree on Leo Rautins sucking monkey balls. They need to bring back Swirsky and put him on sportsnet with Matt

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know why but I've never been a Keo fan he strikes as me as a closet Raptor hater and he's kinda creepy lol

No problems with Matt and Jack for anyone who has ever listened to other teams commentary you will appreciate Matt and Jack a lot more

Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Id go back to the Chuck & Jack show because thats what I grew up on and I loved it.
    Lol I even added Chuck on my fb and we chatted a little bit. Best chat EVER!

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt Devlin seems to be at his best with Jack, they have a chemistry. Leo always seems to insult Matt in a way.

Also, Matt seems to be better in big games. i.e. On TNT during the playoffs.

The only problem I have with the broadcasting, is Leo Rautins. Please, oh PLEASE, sit him in the TSN booth all day. I would rather have Sherman Hamilton the colour guy.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that (except for the singing) I've always appreciated Jack. And I took another look at Matt ( who I thought was too smarmy America), when the NBA had him for some of the high profile playoff games. He's considered one of the best and it's little things like that that can change the perception of the league. Still miss Chuck...that one hurt.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote gman wrote: View Post
    i have to say that (except for the singing) i've always appreciated jack. And i took another look at matt ( who i thought was too smarmy america), when the nba had him for some of the high profile playoff games. He's considered one of the best and it's little things like that that can change the perception of the league. Still miss chuck...that one hurt.
    hate leo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    A) It was no big secret that ross was hurt.
    B) the first cut sequence before the game was of ross in street clothes. without a tie. You wanna bitch about something? Join me in bitching about millionaires who cant dress properly. Everyone should be taking lessons from JV. Hes a lady slayer no doubt.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate Rod Black much more than Matt/Jack/Leo combined.

He once referred to a reverse dunk as a "back-handed jam" :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information