My problem with Raptors broadcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problem with Raptors broadcasts

First off, during last night's game. Matt and Leo didn't announce that Ross is out till midway thru the 1st quarter. What's up with that? total bush league in my opinion. Ross is one of the most important bench player on this team.

Other things that i don't like:

Sideline Reporter - Why can't Sportsnet and TSN get a sideline reporter to cover what's going on with the team during the game? and also to interview players during halftime and after the game? Jack and Leo have done a great job interviewing players during halftime but i never feel like they're comfortable doing it. Can't really blame them because that's not their line.

Halftime Show - TSN's "Fastbreak" show is a joke. Instead of talking about what's going on around the league or other teams. How about talk about what's going on in the game that you're covering? Same with Sportsnet, heck Sportsnet's halftime show with Grange is a BIGGER joke. It's like a ripoff of Fastbreak but worse.

The Raptors isn't getting much respect in my opinion. Whenever i watch an NHL game on TSN or CBC or Sportsnet. They've done a great job covering the game. Pre-game show, post game show, 1st and 2nd intermissions, all very well done.

Same with Blue Jays baseball on Sportsnet. Pre-game show, post game show, they've done a great job covering the game and the Blue Jays. The addition of Blue Jays Central with Campbell and Zaun really makes the show much more entertaining to watch.

Why can't they do the same thing with the Raptors?
    Mamba Mentality

TRex wrote: View Post
    First off, during last night's game. Matt and Leo didn't announce that Ross is out till midway thru the 1st quarter. What's up with that? total bush league in my opinion. Ross is one of the most important bench player on this team.

Other things that i don't like:

Sideline Reporter - Why can't Sportsnet and TSN get a sideline reporter to cover what's going on with the team during the game? and also to interview players during halftime and after the game? Jack and Leo have done a great job interviewing players during halftime but i never feel like they're comfortable doing it. Can't really blame them because that's not their line.

Halftime Show - TSN's "Fastbreak" show is a joke. Instead of talking about what's going on around the league or other teams. How about talk about what's going on in the game that you're covering? Same with Sportsnet, heck Sportsnet's halftime show with Grange is a BIGGER joke. It's like a ripoff of Fastbreak but worse.

The Raptors isn't getting much respect in my opinion. Whenever i watch an NHL game on TSN or CBC or Sportsnet. They've done a great job covering the game. Pre-game show, post game show, 1st and 2nd intermissions, all very well done.

Same with Blue Jays baseball on Sportsnet. Pre-game show, post game show, they've done a great job covering the game and the Blue Jays. The addition of Blue Jays Central with Campbell and Zaun really makes the show much more entertaining to watch.

Why can't they do the same thing with the Raptors?
    Well .. know Ive heard everything. I think that sideline reporters (in all sports, but particularly in the NBA) are the biggest waste of space going. I had thought this view was universally shared .. but I guess you actually appreciate Ric Bucher getting one word answers out of Greg Popowich ..

Otherwise, Im mostly with you on your comments ..

Comment

You mean like what they do on Raptors TV? The postgame is usually streamed on raptors.com. Halftime? I couldn't tell you. To be honest I'm not a fan of Raptor broadcasts. There are worse, but the best play by play team does the radio broadcast.

Comment

Well, NHL games get alot more viewers. Therefore TSN and Sportsnet have a higher operating budget for production.

Sportsnet has an exclusive and lucrative deal with the Blue Jays, which means their production is top quality ($$).

As far as the networks are concerned, the Raptors are their 3rd best product and the value in their production of Raptors broadcasts makes it pretty evident.

I get the frustration, Rod and Leo are embarrassing at times. and the singing's gotta stop

Comment

but until the Raps are better than a 3rd rate team (in the network's eyes), their production will continue to suck.

Comment

What I noticed is other team fans makinf fun from Raps commentators (no need to mention who). They are annoying in some way for me also.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I get so pissed when they start interviewing celebirty fans, seriously, did we need a yippe kayee mf'ers out of Bruce Willis on our brodcast?

I curse everytime the action goes into the small window. I am not intrested in lip reading, I can hear the audio and watch the action just fine.

Comment

Devlin is my main issue... he sucks. oh ya & jacks singing, very annoying..& i hate when jack gets a boner talking about opposing players.. does it all the time, some times it sounds soo gay & he goes on & on... BRING BACK THE SWIRSK!!!

Comment

Devlin is awesome. I would party with that dude any day of the week, bet you the sob would get us arrested. (j/k, I get the impression that he is a down to earth guy with a great sense of humour, would love to pound a few pitchers with him)

Comment

By the way, i don't have any problem with the Raps announcers. I like Matt, i think he's done a great job. I don't have any problem with Leo. And i'm a big fan of Jack Armstrong.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                      I get so pissed when they start interviewing celebirty fans, seriously, did we need a yippe kayee mf'ers out of Bruce Willis on our brodcast?

I curse everytime the action goes into the small window. I am not intrested in lip reading, I can hear the audio and watch the action just fine.
                      Youre complaining about this??

Comment

The "fastbreak" show isn't that bad. I like the fact that they talk about what's hot in the league, rather than how good or bad the Raps are playing. We get enough of that in the pre and post game shows. Wouldn't mind seeing a sexy sideline reporter though.

Comment

Stop bitching. There are worse commentators around trust me. Although i do agree on Leo Rautins sucking monkey balls. They need to bring back Swirsky and put him on sportsnet with Matt

Comment

Don't know why but I've never been a Keo fan he strikes as me as a closet Raptor hater and he's kinda creepy lol

No problems with Matt and Jack for anyone who has ever listened to other teams commentary you will appreciate Matt and Jack a lot more

Comment

Yeah Id go back to the Chuck & Jack show because thats what I grew up on and I loved it.
                              Lol I even added Chuck on my fb and we chatted a little bit. Best chat EVER!

Comment

Working...
                              X