Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 97 of 97

Thread: Charlotte vs. Toronto, January 11th: Beware flying mouthpieces

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic All-Star KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    embarrassing to hear the fans boo cause of no pizza
    +1 I hate that ridiculous promo.

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    embarrassing to hear the fans boo cause of no pizza after the team just played their hearts out
    This happens every time we score 99 points, it's the dumbest promotion ever. Make it free pizza if the Raptors win, then they'll cheer for the right thing.

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    99-78, no pizza NYE resolutions are safe

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    This happens every time we score 99 points, it's the dumbest promotion ever. Make it free pizza if the Raptors win, then they'll cheer for the right thing.
    agreed its free promotion for Pizza Pizza anyway, the 100 point thing made sense back in the day when the team never played D and simply trading shots this way way fans walking out with a slice of pizza voucher and a team that lost 120-110.....

    Anyone remember that night Orlando beat us and Ed Davis scored the 100 basket SVG clowned on us for that... some fans cheering for a slice of pizza so embarrassing.

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    so colangelo told rob black that he thinks we will go 27-18 to finish with 41 wins... *ahem*

    i doubt he wanted rob black to say that on national tv

  6. #86
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Some points on Lowry over the past 2 days on Twitter.

    On that note, re: Lowry's early exit on Wednesday, @RaptorsMR gave Kyle the green-light to leave/pick up his son. Nothing more to it.

    Calderon and Lowry have been noticeably supportive of one another. Cheering from the bench, exchanging motivating words during timeouts

    Lowry: "Not since College have I played for a team that sticks together and supports one another as well as we do. Toronto feels like home I love it."

    awwwwww KLow! nice to hear we can have a harmonized 1.2 Point guard rotation.

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, good to hear.

  8. #88
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Some points on Lowry over the past 2 days on Twitter.

    On that note, re: Lowry's early exit on Wednesday, @RaptorsMR gave Kyle the green-light to leave/pick up his son. Nothing more to it.

    Calderon and Lowry have been noticeably supportive of one another. Cheering from the bench, exchanging motivating words during timeouts

    Lowry: "Not since College have I played for a team that sticks together and supports one another as well as we do. Toronto feels like home I love it."

    awwwwww KLow! nice to hear we can have a harmonized 1.2 Point guard rotation.
    That deserves its own thread, imo.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I said this before, Quincy Acy CAN PLAY. I know he's an undersized 4 but he plays bigger than his size. He's tough, he's physical and most importantly he plays solid D.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  10. #90
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My only concern from this game is Lowry.

    Against Philly I had the same concern but not sure if I posted it or not.

    There were times when guys were standing around. Not sure if Casey/Lowry were suppose to call a play. Not sure if guys were waiting for him to do something. Not sure if the blame is squarely on Lowry or at all. Regardless, movement is obviously paramount for this team and there have been sequences in the last 2 games with Lowry out there where movement has ceased. I hope someone who matters with the Raptors notices this. The reason why I single out Lowry here is because he is the point guard.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  11. #91
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Lowry: "Not since College have I played for a team that sticks together and supports one another as well as we do. Toronto feels like home I love it."
    Where did you see/hear this from?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

  12. #92
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kyle Lowry praised the Raptors starters post-game:

    "It was a good game for us, the starters started us off well. It was a game we needed, we gave them away to them in Charlotte. We were in the same situation last weekend, but we won this one.
    We’re building. We’re learning. Every day is a new learning experience.
    (Playing with the lead). It is it definitely is hard, but we found a way to do it tonight. They had a couple of spurts, but we found a way to hit some shots and get the game back in our favour.
    We’ve got to play like that every night."

    http://sulia.com/channel/toronto-rap...source=twitter
    nice
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  13. #93
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raps now 1/2 game behind Philly for 9th.

    Detroit beat Milwaukee tonight and are 1/2 game behind Toronto for 10th.

    Raps 4.5 back of 8th.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  14. #94
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Where did you see/hear this from?
    Josh Lewenberg Twitter feed.

  15. #95
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Raps now 1/2 game behind Philly for 9th.

    Detroit beat Milwaukee tonight and are 1/2 game behind Toronto for 10th.

    Raps 4.5 back of 8th.
    And 8 games under .500!
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

  16. #96
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,677
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    My only concern from this game is Lowry.

    Against Philly I had the same concern but not sure if I posted it or not.

    There were times when guys were standing around. Not sure if Casey/Lowry were suppose to call a play. Not sure if guys were waiting for him to do something. Not sure if the blame is squarely on Lowry or at all. Regardless, movement is obviously paramount for this team and there have been sequences in the last 2 games with Lowry out there where movement has ceased. I hope someone who matters with the Raptors notices this. The reason why I single out Lowry here is because he is the point guard.
    yeah i did notice this too. I feel like calderon is more aggressive with calling out plays and telling guys what to do even if they play is broken. Also, even when he has the ball he is moving with a purpose. I'd like to see lowry be more of a floor general when he has the ball and also be a bit more aggressive.. i wonder if he has lost a bit of confidence. Early on this season he led the team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals. I am just not seeing his swagger as much lately. I realize he has bought into team ball and looking to pass first and doesnt seem to be gambling as much on defense, and i like that, but i dont want him to lose his aggressivness altogether

  17. #97
    Raptors Republic All-Star KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    yeah i did notice this too. I feel like calderon is more aggressive with calling out plays and telling guys what to do even if they play is broken. Also, even when he has the ball he is moving with a purpose. I'd like to see lowry be more of a floor general when he has the ball and also be a bit more aggressive.. i wonder if he has lost a bit of confidence. Early on this season he led the team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals. I am just not seeing his swagger as much lately. I realize he has bought into team ball and looking to pass first and doesnt seem to be gambling as much on defense, and i like that, but i dont want him to lose his aggressivness altogether
    I think there's something too this, but I also think that this is an important maturation process for Lowry. He needs to adjust his playstyle to a more classical point guard, both to fit in with the team, and to preserve his health. His early-season aggressive play was dangerous, and he wouldn't last a full season playing that way.

    I'm glad to see him supporting the team and hopefully he'll learn a lot from Jose.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •