Why Shake things up now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Shake things up now?

Besides moving Bargnani honestly why shake up the team now?

-Buying into the Team System
    -Chemistry
    -Confidence
    -Ball Movement
    -Role Acceptance

Raps are playing real well and to make the move for the seemingly likely Rudy Gay trade which would cost us Calderon+ a solid piece really why? Is anyone in favor of riding the current build to see where we go and then make a move in off season?

We need to convert Jose's success into a useful asset for the team. No point in losing him for nothing. I don't think he will stay here with Lowry, and I doubt Lowry will stay with Jose. ...but you never know.

Comment

Maybe I am wrong with the above, word from Lowry is he loves it here.

Comment

Im worried about what the trade is its hard to give up any of the core right now playing dam good. No superstar but a team that plays as a team can go far (Utah)

Comment

I hear you, I just dont want to have empty pockets when all is said and done.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Besides moving Bargnani honestly why shake up the team now?

-Buying into the Team System
            -Chemistry
            -Confidence
            -Ball Movement
            -Role Acceptance

Raps are playing real well and to make the move for the seemingly likely Rudy Gay trade which would cost us Calderon+ a solid piece really why? Is anyone in favor of riding the current build to see where we go and then make a move in off season?
            Calderon could leave for nothing and all the 'true professional' talk is a double edged sword.

There is about $3M less in flexibility due to DeRozan's extension (his cap hold would have been around $6.5M I think).

You have to take opportunities when they arise. Waiting for off season keeps Calderon's contract on the books until July 1st and then after July 1st a team like, say Memphis, is going to have the tax bill they clearly are trying to avoid.

Who says any new players won't buy in to the system? Who says current guys don't start to think of themselves? Nothing is guaranteed is my only point and talent trumps all.

I don't care what Matt/Jack/Leo says, the Raps aren't loaded with talent. Gay, for example, would automatically be best player on the team.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Calderon could leave for nothing and all the 'true professional' talk is a double edged sword.

There is about $3M less in flexibility due to DeRozan's extension (his cap hold would have been around $6.5M I think).

You have to take opportunities when they arise. Waiting for off season keeps Calderon's contract on the books until July 1st and then after July 1st a team like, say Memphis, is going to have the tax bill they clearly are trying to avoid.

Who says any new players won't buy in to the system? Who says current guys don't start to think of themselves? Nothing is guaranteed is my only point and talent trumps all.

I don't care what Matt/Jack/Leo says, the Raps aren't loaded with talent. Gay, for example, would automatically be best player on the team.
              I would still say Kyle Lowry would be the better player.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I would still say Kyle Lowry would be the better player.
                It is a debate I'd love to have assuming both were in Raptor uni's

Comment

True but I think regarding the whole "trade Calderon" question, if it ends up in anyway it is a going to be a big gamble. Like honestly, everybody here has to agree that nobody on the current roster drives the team like Jose, as much as I love Lowry and as much as he has shown his passing potencial, you can kind of tell that he is more of a shoot first PG even though he has tried to pass more often recently. The Raptors style is the team first style and that is what Calderon does best and does it as one of the best in the league. If you trade Jose you are gambling that the new guy (Gay?) might become like the previously brought in guys (Marion, Hedo Jerkoglu) and that the team chemistry will fall apart to a larger extent.

If keep till June then your risking him leaving for nothing obviously and all you can do is hope that he will see a team that hopefully is on the rise (with that team being the Raptors) and him wanting to be a part of it.

So according to me no matter what Colangelo does it will be a gamble and in the long run people will likely start complaining about how it should have been done in a situation where no decision is necesarily the right one.

Comment

It is a debate I'd love to have assuming both were in Raptor uni's
                    And 1
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Point Guard

The Raptors can put 1 of the 3 best PG combs in the NBA on the floor. Why would anyone want to downgrade that position?
                      it is a long season ( injuries )
                      it is a long season ( some nights 1 has it and the other doesn't )
                      it is a long season ( it is the toughest position to play )
                      it is a long career ( Jose has never asked to be moved and seems to like Toronto) ( He might be open to a reasonable new contract to become the Raptor's first lifer)

Comment

I don't really know anymore. The more i see Davis play, i'm convinced that he's just going to get better and better. What is he averaging since he became the starting PF? probably close to double-double, no? he and DeRozan have improved their game so much this year, it's crazy.

Rudy Gay is a terrific player. If the Raps could get him for Calderon + Davis + future picks(rumoured trade). I guess it's alright. But i'll be alright too if we hold on to Davis and Calderon.

What i would love to see: Bargnani + Calderon + future picks for Gay
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm liking what Davis and Amir bring to the table. Granted that this combo might not work against teams with very big "bigs" but they are showing they can develop chemistry together. It's obvious that Bargs is the odd man out anyone else that is considered part of the core would be tough to let go.

Between TR and DD, I'd likely stick with TR since he's younger, has developed into a nice player recently and I feel has a higher ceiling than DD. That's not to say DD can get much, much better.
                          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Why shake things now?! because when you lose you are more desperate to make a deal and teams know this and your players value will go down. Beside's this team is still not talented enough to be considered a serious playoff contender, so if there is a deal out there that will increase the over talent level (Rudy Gay) you need to consider it.

Lowry, Rudy Gay and JV as the Raptors starters begins to sound respectable to me.

Comment

Davis and Amir up front will only work with Jose running the point.

just saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X