Most of Our Games have been vs Western Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of Our Games have been vs Western Teams

20 of the 36 games the Raptors have played thus far have been against teams from the west. We played more games against western foes than any other team in the eastern conference (the bobcats are 2nd with 17 games). Generally in the past we've had bad records against western opponents and its no different this year at 6-14 vs West and a much better 8-8 record vs east.

Whats even more interesting about those 14 losses is that only two of them were against a non-playoff squad, Sacramento. So the majority of our games vs the west have been strong opponents.

At the moment we only have 10 games to play vs the west, and 36 games in the east. This is going to be interesting moving forward. Will the team take advantage of the schedule balancing in our favor? I certainly hope so.
    Last edited by matt; Sun Jan 13, 2013, 02:57 AM.

Thanks for the numbers Matt and as far as this season is concerned, it is encouraging but they're still games to be played. So I hope the boys don't take things lightly. I'm looking forward to the day when our Raps. are confident of winning irrespective of the opposition(East or West). I mean 'really' confident.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
      20 of the 36 games the Raptors have played thus far have been against teams from the west. We played more games against western foes than any other team in the eastern conference (the bobcats are 2nd with 17 games). Generally in the past we've had bad records against western opponents and its no different this year at 6-14 vs West and a much better 8-8 record vs east.

Whats even more interesting about those 14 losses is that only two of them were against a non-playoff squad, Sacramento. So the majority of our games vs the west have been strong opponents.

At the moment we only have 10 games to play vs the west, and 36 games in the east. This is going to be interesting moving forward. Will the team take advantage of the schedule balancing in our favor? I certainly hope so.
      I washing to start a thread about the same thing until I saw this one. Way to beat me at the punch.

Do you think that the Raps would be a better overall team if they were playing in the west division?
      Competition would be much better. I always dreaded our west trips. What do you guys think?

Comment

20 vs west
        16 vs east
        ≠ "most games"

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
          20 vs west
          16 vs east
          ≠ "most games"
          I have always understood that if you have two groupings, the one with more than half would represent "the most."

"Definition of MOST

1: greatest in quantity, extent, or degree
          2: the majority of

Comment

Working...
          X